What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

R1 - Barber Motorsports Park

For the record, in the VEC we use limiter and in the test race on Tuesday evening we also used the limiter. However, if a gap to the car ahead opens up, you should turn the limiter off and slowly and safely close it, then turn the limiter back on.

This is the best way to handle starting. That rule should probably be clarified by Jimmi, though.

P.S. Any streams or replays of streams from the race? Cheers.

We will fix 3.2.4. rule, but it was told otherwise by stewards in race announcement (20:57 - Start of formation lap - formation lap under pit limiter).

Hany, I saw you had big lags also during practice when people joined or left the server (I was peeking your drive from your cockpit ;) ), so if no one else had this problem, it is maybe on your side. But if someone suffered similar experience, please let us know, so we can inform Marcel about this problem.

Mitchell, I will ask Jimmi to UL replay asap :)

Marjan, Tero is right. If you call pitstop it is faster. I always call pitstop in first lap, just in case of any problems on the track, so pit crew is ready for me all the time.

We will fix 3.2.4. rule, but it was told otherwise by stewards in race announcement (20:57 - Start of formation lap - formation lap under pit limiter).

Did miss this quite totally, well there's always something to learn. No fps or any problems here.

Despite the odd formation lap i had a super start as i think Lorenzo and someone had a little tumble, i shot right trough them from the middle. After that didn't really pass anyone on track, few faster guys passed me so totally i couldn't do anything.

I think i were at 8th when people started to pit, then after all came out 5th, wow! Ricardo was then behind me and closing fast. And pretty soon disappearing to the horizon very fast. :D Then i just tried to conserve tires and control the gap behind, then i guess Lorenzo started to save fuel and stopped gaining me.

Extremely happy to finish 6th in my first rF2 race ever! And clean race too, see you at Road America o/

Eh, after 1700hrs in Asetto Corsa im forget to call my mechanics (push a button PIT). Totaly my mistake.
What about PIT strategy. There was a drivers with 2 and with 1 PIT. I did not understand;), what is the tyre condition after 30 laps. Rear left for example. 10%? Is there a lot of problem to drive a car with that tyre?

Hany, I saw you had big lags also during practice when people joined or left the server (I was peeking your drive from your cockpit ;) ), so if no one else had this problem, it is maybe on your side. But if someone suffered similar experience, please let us know, so we can inform Marcel about this problem.
I had the same problem last season @ Estoril. And for some reason loading cars (when entering the server) in general takes also awfully long time here (even loading my own car). This might be because I have the slowest 1Mbit/s connection, but it hasn't affected so badly in other random servers.

Mitchell, I will ask Jimmi to UL replay asap :)

Marjan, Tero is right. If you call pitstop it is faster. I always call pitstop in first lap, just in case of any problems on the track, so pit crew is ready for me all the time.

@Ricardo Costa had the same issue.
Did anyone else get a freeze when one of the 4 guys left the server during the race?

@Ricardo Costa had the same issue.
Did anyone else get a freeze when one of the 4 guys left the server during the race?
I didn't notice anything.

But I did notice in the replay that @Sten Ambus seemed to suffer a freeze when I attempted, and succesfully completed the overtake due to the freeze.

Also in one situation two cars ahead of me appeared to suffer some kind of a freeze at the same time as they both seemed to jump back simultaniously.
Thanks, I will ask Marcel if he can take a look. Does anyone have trace set on?
I have it set on but I also didn't have issues afaik so not sure it shows anything...?

Last edited:
Apologies to @Arttu Ylostalo for the "pit manouver"! I was just careless and it ended up costing me time but you did an amazing save! :D

Also apologies to @Neil Heatlie for the messy unlapping :(

I happened to realise that both @Sten Ambus and @Ricardo Costa had the freeze in nearly the same spot on track, as seen in the pic. I marked them down from memory having watched my local replay. Though on different laps. Sten's on lap 10 and Ricardo's on lap 53.
Freezes.png

Well for me, considering this was my first rF2 online event, it was a nice race. I took it as a learning lesson nr.1 and just wanted to get familiar with the working environment and rules. 90 minutes were over in a moment :) Lost focus from time to time and made a few mistakes out of it. There were some nice duels with other racers, everything fair from where I stand.

Regarding freezes.. I had them too :( Every time someone left server. One (particularly bad) happened just between Turn8 and Turn9 :D But I am used to this from Automobilista, so it did not bother me at all ;)

Was pretty fun race, had a lot position fights and was exciting to the end. Race grip was pretty good, but my front left tire wear was too much(FL tire was 5% at the end). Also had pointless spin and lost second place in last lap, because some slower car exited pit and hit me.

Gratz Hany and also Redshaw, who really impressed me.

And the freezes, like Tero said had one bigger freeze when he passed me between first and second corner, after that had a few smaller freezes around the track.

//Edit: Also Tero sorry for the confusion at beginning of the warmup lap. :D I forgot to switch neutral gear to 1 gear.

Last edited:
Wasn't the best race for me. During qualification i was happy with my time, i could go certainly faster, but it was decent overall.

Then during the race, my setup wsa just damaging by far too much my tyres, i had no grip after 30min of race, racing 4 or 5s off the pace. Then during my pitstop, i lost my FFB and i tried to continue, but i was doing more and more mistake due to this and i thought it was better to stop here before creating something bad on the track. I've enjoyed the race at least, that's the cool thing. See you at Road America !

Please move this post to Road America thread when it opens.
There is possibly something wrong with T5 & T13 area @ Road America. Have had sudden drops of FPS there racing against a field of AI-s, especially when the cars are moving in opposite direction.

I forgot to open RA thread, my bad. Just post it there now, Villem.

Also replay has been uploaded. We will review incidents sent in before Friday 20:00 CET.
Drivers > Incident review request > SRCA. Do it if you think someone didn t behave on the track as he should.

Was pretty fun race, had a lot position fights and was exciting to the end. Race grip was pretty good, but my front left tire wear was too much(FL tire was 5% at the end). Also had pointless spin and lost second place in last lap, because some slower car exited pit and hit me.

Gratz Hany and also Redshaw, who really impressed me.

And the freezes, like Tero said had one bigger freeze when he passed me between first and second corner, after that had a few smaller freezes around the track.

//Edit: Also Tero sorry for the confusion at beginning of the warmup lap. :D I forgot to switch neutral gear to 1 gear.

FL tire 5% with or without change of tires?

One of my freezes happend when u followed me. It was scary

FL tire 5% with or without change of tires?

One of my freezes happend when u followed me. It was scary

I changed my tires when there was about 53m time left. First stint everything was okey, both front left and right tire wear was almost same, maybe pushed too much i don't know... And thanks for driving ahead me :D got easy-peasy passes on other drivers. One driver even didn't want you let by, because he didn't know who is who and who he needs to let by(blue flag).

We all behind "command desk" watched that situation and it was clearly ignoring blue flag. But without IRR like nothing happened.

I changed my tires when there was about 53m time left. First stint everything was okey, both front left and right tire wear was almost same, maybe pushed too much i don't know... And thanks for driving ahead me :D got easy-peasy passes on other drivers. One driver even didn't want you let by, because he didn't know who is who and who he needs to let by(blue flag).

I didn't change tires and had 18% left on the FL. I let u pass because I didn't want to punish my tires and u had more grip because of new tires.

We all behind "command desk" watched that situation and it was clearly ignoring blue flag. But without IRR like nothing happened.

I dont want anyone to have a penalty. Maybe the admins could make it clear to him that he shouldn't ignore the blue flag for the next races. I had to force my way through.