What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

R1 - Barber Motorsports Park

I´m sorry guys, Ihavehad a problem with the internet connection and was losing like 10 seconds per lap, I don´t know the real reason but it was dissapointing. I will try to race the next two races at least... :mad::Cry: :crying:

4 guys left the server during the race and this gave me 4 freezes for split sec. The first one was huge. Is there a way to fix this?

Well what can I say. Poor setup, bad start, being lapped multiple times, off the pace, 8 minutes pitstop for broken steering and just overall lack of knowledge of the track. At least the on the plus side I got to grips with how the pit stops work, finishing above my qualifying place, not being disqualified and not giving up despite my issues; it was a learning curb from what I'm used to. I'm starting to appreciate the academy as it will help me learn how to be a better driver.

Before I forget, the pace lap was by far the worst I've seen in several seasons racing in SRCA. I think @Hany Alsabti did everything right and was on the limiter the whole time. But people behind him and between me (P6) were accelerating and slowing down quite a bit to the point where it was difficult for me to safely stay close. That's why there was such a big gap on the main straight ahead of me. As I just decided to put the limiter on and make sure I start as intended.

So for future referecene everyone should be on the limiter pretty much the whole pace lap. Sure, you can and should catch up if a gap opens up. But do no weave around or warm tyres or brakes etc. I think this is all clearly in the rules.

I'm now little bit confused about the formation lap. I believe i read from the rules that we should maintain a steady 130km/h speed and no pit limiter engaged?

Before I forget, the pace lap was by far the worst I've seen in several seasons racing in SRCA. I think @Hany Alsabti did everything right and was on the limiter the whole time. But people behind him and between me (P6) were accelerating and slowing down quite a bit to the point where it was difficult for me to safely stay close. That's why there was such a big gap on the main straight ahead of me. As I just decided to put the limiter on and make sure I start as intended.

So for future referecene everyone should be on the limiter pretty much the whole pace lap. Sure, you can and should catch up if a gap opens up. But do no weave around or warm tyres or brakes etc. I think this is all clearly in the rules.

I read the rules before the race start. Formation lap speed up to 135km/h so I didn't engage the pitspeed limiter.

I actually drove a bit slower to make sure everyone caught up before the race went green. My apologies if I had to stick with the pitspeed limiter.

All is beautiful, the race, the drivers, the respect... except my race, 1 stop and go for speed limit on pit and half race preserving fuel fault of a bad calculation.

Cya on next race!

I read the rules before the race start. Formation lap speed up to 135km/h so I didn't engage the pitspeed limiter.

I actually drove a bit slower to make sure everyone caught up before the race went green. My apologies if I had to stick with the pitspeed limiter.
Oh, indeed it does... But I'm pretty sure we've done it with pit limiter on since S3 or so. But yeah, my bad I guess. Or the admins' :p

"20:57 - Start of formation lap - formation lap under pit limiter"

Check post #1 of this thread... :/

Matej, is there nessesary to call the pitstop?
If you call the pitstop and then enter after you get a message that the crew is ready, the stop is faster. How much? I don't actually know :D

Edit: Another one of those things that everyone who has played rF1 and other sims with gMotor engine knows, but no-one else does because rF2 doesn't have any kind of manual or help afaik. Which is silly.

3.2.4 Drivers are expected to maintain a smooth pace of approximately 130 kmh around the track. Unless told otherwise by race stewards.

Straight from SRCA rules. Confusing.
I know, I have just checked after you wrote that but then I checked the first post as well.

I think that it would be better if the staff would correct the 3.2.4 rule, everyone could get confused!