What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Race 3 - Istanbul Park

No. But i assume older specs pc´s can have something to say. What are your specs, and as above - what have you tried? offline, daytime anything?
I took a little break for 5 minutes, and went back on and had 2 freezes and then it did not appear again. I will try again today, and see if it happens again. If so, I will try singleplayer, if it happens there too I will try daytime. As for my PC specs, it isnt the most recent but should be good enough for rF2;

i7-4790k @ 4.0 GHz, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Asus Geforce GTX 980 Strix. I also have an 512GB ssd, but I got rF2 installed on my HDD.

Edit; @Brian van Beusekom told me try and change:
WorkaroundFlags=1 in Config.ini
I havent done much testing, but since I changed this it hasnt reappeared yet.

Last edited:
Good afternoon, in principle I do not know if I have a place to run on Wednesday, I'm going to start training for if it were the case, on Saturday it will be practically impossible for me to participate, so if it were possible tomorrow would be perfect for me

I use to comment that I can not enter the web from my home connection but if from the mobile, I do not know what the reason will be.

I can not go to server 1 either, but if at two, I do not know what is the reason for this

I would appreciate it if you can see me and try to solve it

Greetings.

Edit: Forgett what i said. I bill be there. DX11 works for me pretty well. With dx9 i had a freeze in lap 2 while i had no one in dx11 and i did 3 longer stints

Last edited:
Hello, im having a lot of work this week, and in going to pass this race, in Peru the races are at noon so im not going to be able to skip work. Good luck everyone.

I have a small problem, indeed I noticed that many people have been excluded from the season 10. I am currently in reservists so I should run the race for reservist on Saturday but I am going on vacation friday and I'll be back on August 26 So I could only do my second race in season 12, but I will be engaged in a VEC crew so if there is a slot available tomorrow is it possible to participate?

Edit: Forgett what i said. I bill be there. DX11 works for me pretty well. With dx9 i had a freeze in lap 2 while i had no one in dx11 and i did 3 longer stints
How to swap this? I downloaded some plagin which allow to use some new filters and DX11 shadering. Is this feature included in stock game?
P.S I got freeze only a nighttime .

How to swap this? I downloaded some plagin which allow to use some new filters and DX11 shadering. Is this feature included in stock game?
P.S I got freeze only a nighttime .

i also only get them in nighttime. you can enable dx11 when you go to steam, poperties of rf2 and enable yourselfe into beta. for me it worked like a charm. pretty solid fps and no freezes anymore.

One hint from me, how are your settings of Antialiasing or FXAA? I had the Problem with activ AA at 4 in nvidia control panel today after the update of the nvidia driver (RF2 AA and FXAA setting was set to none).
After changing AA to FXAA in nvidia control panel, no more freezes. Looks like RF2 has some problems with Antialiasing.

For all the other guys facing the problem. i created a post in s397 forum.

Someone gave ma a nice explanation of what happens there.

Check this: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/game-freezes-for-long-duration-after-some-laps.57197
And check this: https://forum.studio-397.com/index....a-driver-crashes-and-erratic-gpu-usage.52463/

It seams that only nvidia cards in dx9 are effected here. As i said dx11 worked for me.
Hope this helps all of you.
@Daniel Langehegermann @Alexey Zagorodnev @Jimmi Allison @Jordy Zwiers

Edit: Note that the most plugins will not work anymore.

There was a fix for nvidia users: In config.ini set useWorkaroundFlags=1 (or something similar)
When I did that it got rid of freezing, but that was a while ago and on a different track. Now I'm also using dx11 with VR and I've had no freezing at all.

There was a fix for nvidia users: In config.ini set useWorkaroundFlags=1 (or something similar)
When I did that it got rid of freezing, but that was a while ago and on a different track. Now I'm also using dx11 with VR and I've had no freezing at all.
Oh, so you guys run it in DX9?? dont :D

@Enzo, @Jimmi, can drivers perform a pit stop and serve their Stop and Hold penalty at the same time in SRCA races?

Also, I've noticed there is no more link on front page for the "rules"!.

Thanks in advance.

@Enzo, @Jimmi, can drivers perform a pit stop and serve their Stop and Hold penalty at the same time in SRCA races?

Also, I've noticed there is no more link on front page for the "rules"!.

Thanks in advance.
No idea, people will have to test as the car is encrypted by S397
no more link? i see it just fine. Simracing.club > SRCA > Rules