What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Race 3 - Istanbul Park

I'm sorry, but for work reasons I'm going to miss this race. Good luck to everyone

I'm going to err on the side of caution here, my dog is getting surgery done on wednesday and I don't know how she will respond to the procedure and the anesthetics.
Long story short, I will not race on wednesday and want to thank you guys for a well organized SRCA so far !

Uf, I am not 100% sure if I'll make it to this race as I work night shifts this week. So please give my spot to someone else.

I'm going to err on the side of caution here, my dog is getting surgery done on wednesday and I don't know how she will respond to the procedure and the anesthetics.
Long story short, I will not race on wednesday and want to thank you guys for a well organized SRCA so far !
I wish you good luck :) Lets hope everything goes well for her.

Guys! I need your help. Practicing on server i am getting black screen or screen freeze , it happen every 5-10 mins.When i got this issue first time i got a windows error : "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered" .Searching in net i found that this issue happens only in night races. Any solution?
P.S. Dont want to skip this race :(

I have the same issue. I did not notice any window error message but i know i have the same setup an settings as the 2 races before. i also posted in rf2 discord and forum to get help but still asking here because i also dont want to skip this race.

I have the same issue. I did not notice any window error message but i know i have the same setup an settings as the 2 races before. i also posted in rf2 discord and forum to get help but still asking here because i also dont want to skip this race.
We would like a more detailed error description, what have you tried?
Did you try offline, was it night time or daytime? did the same error occour?

PLEASE SIGN OUT 24h AHEAD OF THE EVENT SO WE CAN CONTACT THE RESERVES
FAILURE TO SIGN OUT IN TIME WILL GET YOU REMOVED FROM S10.

Race Length:
90 Minutes
Simulated Race Time: 21:00 - 22:30

Race schedule:
19:00 - Server reboot
19:05 - Open practice
19:55 - All cars must be on the server, all racers connected to TeamSpeak (everyone alone in his own channel) - and stay there
20:35 – 20:50 - Qualifying
20:50 – 20:55 - 5 min break/warmup
20:57 - Start of formation lap - formation lap under pit limiter
21:00 - Green flag announced by race director

Real name mandatory, otherwise you will get black flag in open practice before the race.
Driver has to change nickname after 1st warning when admins notice he is not using real name, otherwise he will be excluded from SRCA league before the first race.

Server: The latest build
Flag rules:
Black only

Review the rules before joining the server for the race.
Orange Zone:
In effect through first full race lap

Hello. I can not race . My sister died a few months ago and her birthday is tommorow. I wil be whit my family.

Maybe there is a place for me in race 4?

We would like a more detailed error description, what have you tried?
Did you try offline, was it night time or daytime? did the same error occour?

Hey Jimmi, i was on server and did some training yesterday and on sunday. Both days i had this kind of freezing.
On sunday i just ignored it and thought maybe some background thing was working and since i did not trained that long on sunday it did not happend again.
But yesterday i had it two times. Both of them accured when i was on a longer stint. after 3-4 laps it happen. When i just do a hotlap it works fine.

And since the server is running on night time it was night. so i had to drive with headlight like any other also.

I got help on discord.
"cyan5tar you could try lowering this line in the player.json. "Max Headlights":256, "Max Headlights#":"Max headlights visible relative to your car.",
This use to cause problems in rfactor 1 in night races we used to lower it to about 8-10 you could try this not sure if it will work(bearbeitet)
make it less than the number of cars running and see if it eases the freeze"

this is what a user told me to try. Since im not at home right now im unable to check it. But this actually make sense to me since its the only difference to the 2 races before.
If you have something else i would love to hear that because i really want to drive this race to get a lc4.

Thank you.
Greetings.

Edit:
I will do also some tests offline on daylight with 40 AIs. Want to make sure if it is really the headlight thing. And also this i will check in offline night race with AI

Last edited:
Hey Jimmi, i was on server and did some training yesterday and on sunday. Both days i had this kind of freezing.
On sunday i just ignored it and thought maybe some background thing was working and since i did not trained that long on sunday it did not happend again.
But yesterday i had it two times. Both of them accured when i was on a longer stint. after 3-4 laps it happen. When i just do a hotlap it works fine.

And since the server is running on night time it was night. so i had to drive with headlight like any other also.

I got help on discord.
"cyan5tar you could try lowering this line in the player.json. "Max Headlights":256, "Max Headlights#":"Max headlights visible relative to your car.",
This use to cause problems in rfactor 1 in night races we used to lower it to about 8-10 you could try this not sure if it will work(bearbeitet)
make it less than the number of cars running and see if it eases the freeze"

this is what a user told me to try. Since im not at home right now im unable to check it. But this actually make sense to me since its the only difference to the 2 races before.
If you have something else i would love to hear that because i really want to drive this race to get a lc4.

Thank you.
Greetings.

Edit:
I will do also some tests offline on daylight with 40 AIs. Want to make sure if it is really the headlight thing. And also this i will check in offline night race with AI
Well it only makes sense if it helps - and if there were other cars on track. Usually this would simply mean slowdowns/loss of FPS - not freezes.
When you run, please make sure you run with the CPU usage hud on, that way you can see if it due to the CPU.
Shouldnt really be, since the track is not different from when we used it in VEC with 40+ cars and a lot of different makes.

i will finish work a bit earlier today so i can try to fix it. otherwise i have to retire the last race and hope my 2 races are enough to get the licence. i will post here if i was able to fix it or not. thanks jimmi

I have the same freeze problem. The .ini fix I guess is for when other cars are around? I am alone on the server and just had a really long freeze, for about 5 seconds. My FFB kept on working, but the image was frozen. No idea how to fix it :unsure: Some people have when their game freezes, it continues on the same spot. This is not the case for me, when it stopped freezing I was in the barriers. Can fullscreen borderless have anything to do with it?

I have the same freeze problem. The .ini fix I guess is for when other cars are around? I am alone on the server and just had a really long freeze, for about 5 seconds. My FFB kept on working, but the image was frozen. No idea how to fix it :unsure: Some people have when their game freezes, it continues on the same spot. This is not the case for me, when it stopped freezing I was in the barriers. Can fullscreen borderless have anything to do with it?
No. But i assume older specs pc´s can have something to say. What are your specs, and as above - what have you tried? offline, daytime anything?