What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Introduction to SimRacing.Club Academy [Outdated]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another Canadian here. Hoping there can be a weekend time for the SRC academy as our team has been really wanting to get involved, but we cant make the SRC times in the EST time zone.

In the top post TC is set for low/medium. Is this for each driver to decide or does it refer to the 2 different cars used?

As I've driven both cars, I can answer that. You are free to choose between no/low/medium TC no matter which car you are driving.

Another Canadian here. Hoping there can be a weekend time for the SRC academy as our team has been really wanting to get involved, but we cant make the SRC times in the EST time zone.

apologies for the late response, we have talked about another SRCA Americas. At the moment though we don't have a weekend season planned.
If there are a LOT more people requesting it we can maybe fit one season in before Le Mans but in our experience we get 4 people from the American continent and 36 from Europe when we do a season especially for people from North and South America.
So it is quite unlikely that we do a season on the weekend.

I was wondering if anyone of the srca admins have revealed a little about how the evaluation of licenses (who gets promoted) are done. I cant seem to find anything about this. Never the less it keeps being mentioned that they use an average therefore it is better to race 4 than 3 races. This brings a lot of questions to mind.

Average of what?

Results? (placing)
Points achieved?
Stability in terms of consistancy? (lap by lap)
Incidents?

I know the answer might be all of the above. But i would like to know where the main weight are placed. This would make it a lot easier helping out new guys.
I hope someone have time to enlighten me a bit, or maybe point me in the right direction post wise.

I was wondering if anyone of the srca admins have revealed a little about how the evaluation of licenses (who gets promoted) are done. I cant seem to find anything about this. Never the less it keeps being mentioned that they use an average therefore it is better to race 4 than 3 races. This brings a lot of questions to mind.

Average of what?

Results? (placing)
Points achieved?
Stability in terms of consistancy? (lap by lap)
Incidents?

I know the answer might be all of the above. But i would like to know where the main weight are placed. This would make it a lot easier helping out new guys.
I hope someone have time to enlighten me a bit, or maybe point me in the right direction post wise.

There is more too it than what can be explained, which is why there is no real clear "this is how you get L4"
If you behave on track, dont cause an incident, follow the rules - then that is the "best way" to do it. Rules state:

12.4 After each season in SRCA the stewards will decide which driver is fit to receive license 4 based on the safety of their driving. License 4 allows the driver to join every series within SRC. Whether a driver is fit for license 4 is determined by a separate points system. However deciding on who receives license 4 is not the result of mathematical calculation alone.
Penalties will always result in minus points. Too many minus points will prevent a driver from getting license 4 at the end of a season.
12.5 In order to be eligible for license 4 a driver must complete at least 3 races in one season of SRCA. However, racing 4 races will increase the chance to receive license 4.

There wont be any clear answer on this - so as vague as it might sound thats the best answer you can get.

I think the rules are clear enough and explain everything that needs to be explained (of course I do, I've written them :p)
sentence by sentence says:
-whether a driver is fit for license 4 is based on the safety of their driving
-it's not a mathematical calculation
-penalties are bad, too many of them will prevent you from getting license 4

It's not the pace, it's not the points you achieve and it's not about how beautiful your profile picture is. It is simply about safety.
I think we can agree that someone that is 10 sec off pace is not safe so that would be the only time where pace is an issue.

We expect that people read the rules, we expect that people follow the rules (ALL OF THEM) and we expect that people show the will to gain license 4 by following the rules.
And yet, every race, we get drivers that surprise us. For example last race I specifically said that the pit entry is difficult and that people are not supposed to cut the pit entry line and yet we had 15 cuts - 15 penalties.
So don't be like that. If you read the rules, if you follow them, if you generally know what you are doing on track and if you have a memory that lasts longer than 1h then you will get your license in the 1st season without any problems.

You see, we can't really say more about that because if we publish a points system or if we say after which amount of penalty a driver can't get license 4, there will people that complain and pin us down on something we said or published. That is why there is no official statement saying what system we use.

Hi. I apologize if this is a question that has a clear answer somewhere else, but are the race start times standard GMT times? If not, what timezone is it based off of? I plan on running SRCA next season and am trying to make plans. Thanks in advance.

Hi. I apologize if this is a question that has a clear answer somewhere else, but are the race start times standard GMT times? If not, what timezone is it based off of? I plan on running SRCA next season and am trying to make plans. Thanks in advance.
This is described in the rules.

I think the rules are clear enough and explain everything that needs to be explained (of course I do, I've written them :p)
sentence by sentence says:
-whether a driver is fit for license 4 is based on the safety of their driving
-it's not a mathematical calculation
-penalties are bad, too many of them will prevent you from getting license 4

It's not the pace, it's not the points you achieve and it's not about how beautiful your profile picture is. It is simply about safety.
I think we can agree that someone that is 10 sec off pace is not safe so that would be the only time where pace is an issue.

We expect that people read the rules, we expect that people follow the rules (ALL OF THEM) and we expect that people show the will to gain license 4 by following the rules.
And yet, every race, we get drivers that surprise us. For example last race I specifically said that the pit entry is difficult and that people are not supposed to cut the pit entry line and yet we had 15 cuts - 15 penalties.
So don't be like that. If you read the rules, if you follow them, if you generally know what you are doing on track and if you have a memory that lasts longer than 1h then you will get your license in the 1st season without any problems.

You see, we can't really say more about that because if we publish a points system or if we say after which amount of penalty a driver can't get license 4, there will people that complain and pin us down on something we said or published. That is why there is no official statement saying what system we use.

Ok guys, thx for explaining. I hoped the system was like this. I just couldnt find a clear answer regarding the pace and the math mentioned.

Are drivers without a license favoured over drivers who already attained their licenses when signing up? I ask because i can see drivers who already have licenses attending the current season.

No, everyone with licence 5 and licence 4 is in the same position, they can join SRCA without any limitations and we will not change it.

... but we are talking about new options for next season in a matter to prevent having only 20+ drivers in some races. More soon™.

... but we are talking about new options for next season in a matter to prevent having only 20+ drivers in some races. More soon™.

Ok.
Nice to hear about this. I have been following the races closely, and it is annoying to see that drivers who signed up does not attend the races. For the race at Sepang the lineup was only half of the allowed. And in general 10-15 drivers have been missing every time.
I have had 5 dedicated drivers waiting since the beginning of January, so it would have been nice with a chance to fill the vacant spots on the grid.

Well it takes 2hours until the sign ups are full. I do think that 2 hours is enough time to sign up. That's why we always open sign ups at the same time, no one should be surprised so everyone has 2h to sign up in time to get a spot. Considering that the process of signing up takes 1min there should be enough time for anyone who wants to do SRCA

Well it takes 2hours until the sign ups are full. I do think that 2 hours is enough time to sign up. That's why we always open sign ups at the same time, no one should be surprised so everyone has 2h to sign up in time to get a spot. Considering that the process of signing up takes 1min there should be enough time for anyone who wants to do SRCA

Could not agree more m8.
I think you misunderstand me. We were 2 days late to sign up, thats why we were left to follow the process. Nothing wrong in that.
Just a shame we couldnt have the chance to fill the spots as the rules are.
Not complaining, just hoping for a change.

It will not change. We will open sign ups and when max. number of drivers will be reached (40 + 10 reserve, for an example), we will close it as we are doing now.

It will not change. We will open sign ups and when max. number of drivers will be reached (40 + 10 reserve, for an example), we will close it as we are doing now.

Ok, great to hear about the reserve option though. That might make sure that the races are more populated. (Dont know if you did this previously)

It is not 100%, because in SRCA admin group we are still talking about some options. More we will tell you in next days when final decision will be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.