What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S20 - Race 2 - Indianapolis

INCIDENT REPORT: I was penalised with a Drive Through at the start of the race (idk why), I entered the pit lane and did a pit stop. It was the last lap to serve the penalty so at the next lap when I ended the drive through I was disqualified. Shame on me.

Well that was unfortunate, as although I don't like this track I qualified P5 and was having a steady race, but on lap 15 a lapped car in front of me ended up spinning down the middle of the track on the main straight and I had no idea which way to go to avoid him. The collision destroyed my engine, which is exactly what happened last season at this track :(.

Very dissapointed race for me. did a very good qualy and was enthusiastic for the race. First, got a stop and go of 30 sec. for unknown reasons. still wanted to make the comback.. after few laps got wrecked by a faster class car that dint respect my racing line and squeezed in my inside in the last corner sending me to the outer wall at full speed :(

Difficult start, with also a 30sec stop and go for unknown reason. I didn't understand how this stop and go should be done, it took me 4 tries (pit stops) to clear the stop and go. From position 9 to 23 if I remember correctly.. After that I was able to drive a good race, had a double incident when trying to pass a slower car, sorry for choosing the incorrect overtaking point. Next race in the 370 for me.

update: I now understand it was a penalty from last race, but since I just read it, I hope I didn't make the same mistake in this race....
update2: I just reread the rules, is states "7.2 Drivers entering and exiting the pits must follow the blend lines and may not cross the blend lines to gain an advantage.". I doubt if I had an advantage by crossing the blend lines, but I now clearly understand that we "must follow the blend lines and may not cross the blend lines".

Last edited:
Well that was unfortunate, as although I don't like this track I qualified P5 and was having a steady race, but on lap 15 a lapped car in front of me ended up spinning down the middle of the track on the main straight and I had no idea which way to go to avoid him. The collision destroyed my engine, which is exactly what happened last season at this track :(.
Oh man, that's horrible. I would have just put a "sad" reaction to your post but that would probably register as a negative against your profile, which would only add insult to injury.

Hi guys, Goodnight.
This is my second race in an endurance event and as I am in a learning process I would like to know the reason of the Drive Through that was applied to me in the first lap of the race, because during the formation lap I was rolling with the pit limitter in any moment and I started accelerating past the apex of the turn 11, as did the mate in front of me.
It is a little bit confusing, even more starting from P2.
Thank you, @Florian Koetz
Race #Server2

update2: I just reread the rules, is states "7.2 Drivers entering and exiting the pits must follow the blend lines and may not cross the blend lines to gain an advantage.". I doubt if I had an advantage by crossing the blend lines, but I now clearly understand that we "must follow the blend lines and may not cross the blend lines".

I considered changing that rule some time ago but then decide to leave it as it clearly says: Drivers entering and exiting the pits must follow the blend lines.
I see the rest as an addition to the rule however every crossing of the pit blend line results in an advantage anyways since you use more track than anyone else. That is already an advantage.

After 30 minutes, Rfactor 2 has crashed ... I do not understand why.
This is the second time that happens to me...
Does anyone here run with oculus?

Hi Jos, see the post above from Florian with this link S20 - Race 1 - Silverstone
Thank you David. Now i understand.
That infraction happened in the first Code80 while the volume of the RD was so low in the TS that I just heard him when he was in number 5 of the countdown, and I thought that I had achieved it.
For this race I uploaded the volume to the TS and I heard it perfect.

Last edited:
@Smain Afkir
You are not using the same name in game, you are using some none-ISO8 letter, meaning the results are messed up
Sma஠Afkir needs to be changed all through every single line you have in it.

Good race guys! Had a calm and steady aproach for this one.
Never tryed to go flatout and risk a good finish, but a good strategy and conservative tire wear ment i could be consistant.
Good and solid 2nd place and no major errors on this race!
Lets roll the 370z out and strech its legs!
Thanks to the admins for a superb work only marked by the infamous blue screen of Florian nearing the start of things. We have to love Windows!!! ;)