What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S20 - Race 2 - Indianapolis

Great race last night, the silverstone race was a nightmare because of my steering wheel, but yesterday it was all different and I finally enjoyed it. Many thanks to the 370Z riders for their attitude when they were overtaken. I hope to get back in the car in NOLA. See you at the track.

After reviewing the reply, I still don't know why a DT was applied to me in the first lap. I did the formation lap properly, i switched off the limiter after the last corner, I went off the track in first turn, but I made my way safely to to track again.
I'm sure I'm missing something, please, clear my mind....
Thank you

PD: Despite of the DT, it was the cleanest, challenging and the most respectful race that I've ever raced, thanks again!!

After reviewing the reply, I still don't know why a DT was applied to me in the first lap. I did the formation lap properly, i switched off the limiter after the last corner, I went off the track in first turn, but I made my way safely to to track again.
I'm sure I'm missing something, please, clear my mind....
Thank you

PD: Despite of the DT, it was the cleanest, challenging and the most respectful race that I've ever raced, thanks again!!
All those penalties that everyone got in the first lap were from what happened in the Silverstone race. They were posted in the Silverstone thread, and Rule 10.2 should mean you are checking regularly for any new info on race threads.

All those penalties that everyone got in the first lap were from what happened in the Silverstone race. They were posted in the Silverstone thread, and Rule 10.2 should mean you are checking regularly for any new info on race threads.
But I didn't race on Silverstone...

hm it is absolutely possible that I accidentally gave you a penalty instead of someone else. But usually I correct that immediately

anyways, the penalty won't matter when it comes to your license because it was not published in the stewarding post for silverstone since obviously you did not racing there.

Let me have a look in the result xml file - just moving things around to prepare for the VEC season ;)

I guess it doesn't give you any real advantage so it should be fine.
just take into account:
6.1 Drivers are allowed to use the headlight in an appropriate manner. Excessive flashing of lights may be subject of punishment.

I was with the 370z first couple of races. and I really didnt like the flashing of faster cars behind (tbh only happened a couple of times). Now in the fast car i will try to be patient and respect racing line and make my pass around. For lapped cars blue flags should do the job.

Hello,
Following the change of category, I was looking for solutions to have a flash button for headlights.
I came across this little program, is it possible to use it for the next round?

Yes, no problem with that. There are several ways that allow you to press the button once and have the lights flash a few times.
However as stated above make sure it is not too excessive. Usually one short flash of the headlights does the job already. It doesn't really need more than that.

Everything cleared! Thank you @James Andrew @Florian Koetz
See you guys at Nola!!
You should first of all have the same name in game as you have on the forum, its pretty confusing. However Florian added a penalty to Armin, which was not there and it found the one closest to the name, not a lot with A so it fell back on you.
Using full names which is used in game and on the forum makes this a lot easier for admins to control things like this.
From our perspective its better to use full names when adding penalties, however sometimes its hard when you dont know who is who - and with different names it is hard to remember.

@Florian Koetz
1390 - "When Oliver Silva starts turning in for the oval Jeronimo Rodriguez is behind, he still goes for the inside line, hits Oliver and sends him into the wall, see 4.2.1 and 4.3 of the rules" - While 4.2.1 and 4.3 are valid points Oliver Silva had left open the inside line coming onto the oval. By turning in when Jeronimo was already going for the inside line Oliver left Jeronimo no time to react with this kind of speed difference. Therefor it is deemed that Oliver did change his racing line too close to the point of turn in and by that drove unpredictably for the approaching traffic which is against rule 4.9, 4.13 and further 4.13.1. It would have been possible to leave the inside line open for Jeronimo throughout the turn. However the penalty is reduced giving the complexity of the situation, Drive Through to Oliver Silva.

While I respect your decision I have to manifest my disagreement. According to you, I failed in the rules 4.9 and 4.13.:

4.9 Changing the racing line in a braking zone or close to the point of turn in, for example in an attempt to block, is not allowed.
I didnt change the racing line and my racing line was the same as in all the previous laps, and apparently the same racing line all the others on my class where using. At my turning point Jerome was still behind me and continue going full gas to dive in my inside displacing me from my racing line.

4.13 Drivers demonstrating unpredictable behaviour may be subject to penalties. Examples for unpredictable behaviour are:
4.13.1 Drivers who suddenly change their line when being lapped. Drivers must hold a predictable line and pace until the pass is initiated by the lapping car. Then they must hold their current line.
My racing line, being the normal racing line is the most predictable and expected behaviour accoridng to rules 4.2.1. If I am supposed to change my line to let the faster car pass then I would have need to lift the gas, those racing in the 370 z. knows that if I have to change my racing line in that curve then it's likely I will hit the wall on the exit.

I accept the incident could have been avoided if I left the inside open or If i moved to the inside after the previous curve. However, any of those two alternatives would have been changing my racing line, that is not expected, unpredictable and are actions against the rules. But I can't accept to be penalized now for supposedly changing my racing line and driving unpredictably, as this was not the case. There isn't a single moment I was out of my racing line, where I'm supposed to be, until Jeronimo bump into the inside and finished my race there.

I won't go into great detail but the racing line is not clearly defined. Therefor it's better to not look at the "racing line" but lines in general (what you would call driving lanes on the street). You opened the inside line coming towards the corner signaling the GTR that there is free space. Then by following your racing line you close that gap leaving him no time to react. An accident was inevitable when you started turning in because the GTR can't slow down enough to make up for the speed difference no matter how fast his reactions are.

4.13.1 says it quite well I think because it is only talking about the current line, not the ideal line or racing line.
When approaching the corner you were driving in a way that left open a line on the inside. By turning in you went for that inside line that you had left open before, closing it for the approaching GTR. That was so unpredictable that the GTR cannot avoid a crash at any point unless he reads your mind (which is not expected from any driver).

There are 2 things you could have done there:
Solution 1 is to stay on the outside. After all you knew about the speed difference, you see the GTR coming from behind and you see that he goes for the inside line. He can't read your mind so instead of driving in front of him and then claiming that he crashed you you could have stayed on the outside.
Solution 2 is to drive towards the inside of the track. If you leave less room on the inside the GTR will naturally go to the outside line as there is no room on the inside. If you do that early enough you are telling him that you will take the inside line. That is what I call predictability and I would even go as far as saying that is communication. You clearly state that you go for the inside early in advance, he will go for the outside and nothing happens.

But by driving right in front of him when he can't avoid a collision anymore you are not predictable and you are causing avoidable contact.
Very often the slower class has to leave space. The experienced drivers will do that automatically when they see the faster class approaching and when they see that going for the racing line would cause a crash.

The decision about the penalty is final and it has been made in accordance with previous decisions in SRCA, VLMS and VEC.

Thanks, good explanation. After it, I see the other point of view. I think this wasnt completly clear for me when I read the rules, and I came with this question.

4.2.1 If a driver is lapped or overtaken by the faster class he must not alter his line. He should stay on the racing line and should not alter his line right after the turn. The faster class has to find its way around the lapped car.

Somehow mixing "racing line" and "line" in the same phrase but referring to different things makes it confusing. more when it's contradictory, as "not altering the line" would mean in several cases one shouldn't "stay on the racing line", unless you are in a straight.

Saying that. I guess I will need to apologize to many drivers that expected me to go out of my racing line and I made them go around.