What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S3/R1 Palm Beach International Raceway

It happened because one of the drivers yesterday sat on the server in the pits all day long and after Palm Beach race finished, it made a switch to next track. I was away from my PC almost all day long, but next time, if it will happen again, I will remove him out of server manualy.

Ahh... sorry for that...

Looking at the live timing it appears the server is on Croft again. Not that I need to at the moment, I presume you can just advance to next session/track in game after you've joined the server?

It happened because one of the drivers yesterday sat on the server in the pits all day long and after Palm Beach race finished, it made a switch to next track. I was away from my PC almost all day long, but next time, if it will happen again, I will remove him out of server manualy.

It happened again yesterday, after Enzo restarted the server. Me and 2 other drivers in the session, then the server switched to a night time open quali session and a standing start daytime race. We raced for about 17 laps, but when they left I decided to call it a night. I left the session, checked live timing and noticed that the server switched to Croft once again, almost immediately after I left.

I'm sure you know this software much better than I do, but there was no one on the server after I left and server rotated to next track. I get it - hogging the spot and idling is bad, but an AFK'er might not be the cause.

Looking at the live timing it appears the server is on Croft again. Not that I need to at the moment, I presume you can just advance to next session/track in game after you've joined the server?

I'm pretty sure voting is disabled when the race session starts. And joining puts you in a queue.

Yeah Simon, you can vote for next season or next tracks, so if it happens, just vote until you will get back Palm Beach. Jarek, I will also inform Jimmi to change night qualy to a day hour, thanks for it :)

If you go to SRCA there will be a Private Forum section at the top, if you click that all the information you need is in there

so I have two questions
Firstly, how does the race start work and where does it say how it works? I didn't find anything in the rules, they just tell me to be careful at the race start and they tell me about the formation lap.
I presume it's double file. Does the leader control the pace or is there a starting signal?

Secondly, why do we have to be alone in a channel? I understand that we have to be on teamspeak in order to receive information from race control but why can't we be in one channel with people we know?

so I have two questions
Firstly, how does the race start work and where does it say how it works? I didn't find anything in the rules, they just tell me to be careful at the race start and they tell me about the formation lap.
I presume it's double file. Does the leader control the pace or is there a starting signal?

Secondly, why do we have to be alone in a channel? I understand that we have to be on teamspeak in order to receive information from race control but why can't we be in one channel with people we know?

Details about the start are in the first post of the race thread.
21:27 - Start of formation lap - formation lap under pit limiter
21:30 - Green flag when you exit turn 11
Since everybody will be driving at a maximum of 80 kph, a single file will form naturally.
Check the track map to see at what point you're allowed to go full throttle.

I'll get back to you about the teamspeak question. ;)

If I read the rules correctly it should be double file?

3.2.3 Drivers shall maintain a safe but reasonable distance to other drivers, following the order based on starting position (drivers should alternate with the car to their immediate right/left, and should not be immediately behind the car ahead on the grid).

@Florian Kotz You don't have to be alone in a channel, just not with other competitors. So you can have a coach/spotter who can help you by looking at the livetiming (and hopefully livestream).

If detailed question will be, why not with a mate who also race? Because we don t want two or more racers in the same TS channel will make any strategy against other drivers.

I'm not part of Florian's group of people, but if I may add, there are plenty of other voice chat platforms so in my opinion you might as well allow it ;) At least it's clear for everybody who knows who.

I noticed the rules don't explicitly prohibit crossing the white line on pit exit. I think at this track it can be particularly dangerous to do so. Could we have a clarification on this?