What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S3/R1 Palm Beach International Raceway

What a weird race. My rear axle was a nightmare, I could not feel anything but wheelspin. Prove of it is the drifting session during the race (sorry about that). Apart from that I lost my concentration twice having two touches with the wall and I felt too much damage for the incident, spent 308 and 350 seconds on box. Apart from that I enjoyed my race going side to side during corners even being lapped 10 laps. Nice race all, congratulations to the podium guys and in special to the winner. See you all in Croft!

Weird race indeed :)
Was my first action in a looong time - and it could really be seen on some of my driving.

Daryl Russell and Linus was great fighting with you (and trade some paint)

On purpose I did not qualify - worst mistake I had a real hard time passing anyone even with me being quicker.

Also next time I suggest people keep up on pacelap - the 10 second gap we had in the rear was too much :)

I was under the impression that I was fighting Russell when in fact all of a sudden it was Bert Knops - that is my bad entirely ;) but Bert did get a good test I guess ;)

I almost pulled off a Perez over there, but I made a huge mistake and I changed tyres during my only pitstop when only was 20 minutes left. Stupid of me.

Next time I will do a proper setup and not set random numbers on everything I see so I can be quicker.

well today been a bit of a learning curve with the car. Found some extra pace in qualy and cracked into the 1.21s and put me 17th. The times were very close for everyone. My race went well I guess sorry for the contact Jimmi you really put the pressure on me in the race . I managed to close back up and went for the the inside. Didn't pull it off hope you didn't get any damage I gave the place back to you to fight on. At the pitstops I couldn't catch up until near the end I was closing on Aitor and we fought hard I got passed him once but it weren't clean so gave place back to him but wow I pushed like mad all for 20th he just held me off to the flag great stuff. Overall apart from a couple of mistakes under braking and two contacts with Jimmi and Aitor it wasn't a bad performance....Need more pace now :D

Congratulations to Florian and Tero :) Qualifying was a thriller. In preparing for the race I got my tire management and with it my strategy wrong, I also hadn't counted on the track rubbering in further.

The race was good was fun. I managed to pull off a slight gap to Florian and Tero in the first half of the race but I couldn't really get away. After I had shot myself in the foot by changing tires, there was a lot of overtaking to do which is always fun but also costs time. I may have been forceful on occasions, so sorry for that. Happy to still get on the podium all things considered.

@Jimmi: you went a bit wide after the back straight and Daryl who was right behind went wider, I was coming up and immediately took Daryl's place right behind you. It happened quickly, so it was easy to miss. Good thing I had nametags on :p

Well, mixed feelings. I think I tapped Greg at the end when he was struggling for grip in front of me. Of course, he was fine I lifted and we continued, me failing to pass him for the next few laps. Still great racing, but a bit unsettling. Track reminds me a lot of Donington in that it's pretty difficult to pass on. 10th is acceptable for me, but I was holding 6th until I pitted and then I came out and was on Greg's bumper the entire way to the finish. Looking at the results, everyone in front of us double stinted. I changed all four tyres to avoid oversteer and Greg only changed his fronts, thus the stage was set.

Unfortunately, my tyre management wasn't what it should have been. Could have been much further up the top ten, but alas. I shouldn't have ended up in that position after running deep in the top ten. There were no mistakes necessarily, I elected to pit because of high wear in my long run simulation. Clearly I was one of the few struggling to that degree with tyre wear.

Aside from that, people weren't reckless or anything. Driving quality was quite nice as far as I could see. No moments of insanity or anything to report. It was a nice experience to race here, and though it was quite a tame race I'm happy with it. Excited to come back next week to Croft, hopefully the tyre situation is a bit more clear cut for me. It's something I need to work on.

@Tero Dahlberg
@Bert Knops

good race indeed, I tried to keep up with Bert in the beginning and made way too many mistakes. Thankfully the mistakes were minor enough so Tero had no real opportunity to overtake.
I know I wasn't the fastest out there yesterday. Bert was faster but I don't know how much of a difference the full tank made and Tero was noticably and undoubtably quicker.
So I'm pleased to see that the strategy worked out.

@Tero Dahlberg what did you do in the pits? You said you started with a full tank, right? So where did you lose the time, if I may ask :)

Unfortunately you are correct, I recommend you to attend the 1 race you can for practice though :)
Will do - It's not like I don't need the practice. My practice times were 2-4 seconds off pace on LiveRacers, so there's definitely room for improvement.
Looks/Sounds like it was a good race overall.

good race indeed, I tried to keep up with Bert in the beginning and made way too many mistakes. Thankfully the mistakes were minor enough so Tero had no real opportunity to overtake.
I know I wasn't the fastest out there yesterday. Bert was faster but I don't know how much of a difference the full tank made and Tero was noticably and undoubtably quicker.
So I'm pleased to see that the strategy worked out.

@Tero Dahlberg what did you do in the pits? You said you started with a full tank, right? So where did you lose the time, if I may ask :)
You had a full tank, I had about 75 liters at the start. So I had to stop longer for fuel. I didn't really do much homework for the race so the strategy was what it was. I expected tyre wear to be more of an issue but these tyres last foreeeveeer :O Which also meant I had too much wing and so you were effectively pulling me around the track on the straights :D I was a bit slower on my own. Except for maybe the last 25 mins or so when we seemed to be pretty even in laptimes as the gap remained constant.

You had a full tank, I had about 75 liters at the start. So I had to stop longer for fuel. I didn't really do much homework for the race so the strategy was what it was. I expected tyre wear to be more of an issue but these tyres last foreeeveeer :O Which also meant I had too much wing and so you were effectively pulling me around the track on the straights :D I was a bit slower on my own. Except for maybe the last 25 mins or so when we seemed to be pretty even in laptimes as the gap remained constant.

ah ok, I thought you meant that you had a full tank

well, my first setup was just as fast as my race setup but I had used higher wing and after seeing the topspeed of others I decided to make one with a bit less wing.

I had a look at the car files so I knew how long the tyres would keep a decent amount of grip. After that I just had a look at the tyre wear and that was the point where it was obvious that double stinting is quicker.
Naturally that would mean starting with a full tank because of the low refueling rate during the pit stop and because in cars like this fuel isn't a real issue.

Isn't really black magic :D

Ending 14th meant 2 positions gained through the race, but for me it was all about defense. After carrying out my pitstop in the planned manner (new front tyres + 65 L fuel), in the second half of the race, I was constantly chased by someone. And that combined with blue flags, it was quite busy.
I'm really happy for not messing up (too much), except for the very last lap when Bryce finally caught me. I have to work on my tyre management, though, the fronts were badly overheating after cca. 10 laps. Thanks for all the clean racing and the professional organisation, I hope I can make it next week, too :)

Isn't really black magic :D
Yeah it's not black magic :D I just didn't do my homework as I said :p I basically did some laps the other day working on a setup that felt good. And the next time it was official praccy where I continued to tune the setup, qualy and race :D

The car has a pretty numb front end so I was trying to get some feel back to the steering with setup tweaking. Numb compared to URD EGT and ISI C6R for example. Though the 370Z is closer to a road car than the others, I imagine.