What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S20 - Race 1 - Silverstone

See, even before the season has started at least 5 have now resigned, plenty of reserves will get a chance to participate ;)

Yeah, I hope to get the chance going forward, it's just gonna be bittersweet if people get to do say, 2 of the 4 races, and then have to throw themselves back into the lottery of season 21 (which I sure will be if that occurs, except from works internet rather than home!)

I have been assuming that the red line after turn 16 on the track map in the second post of this thread is the "acceleration/race start point" as referred to in rule 3.3.1 - is that a correct assumption?

When is the absolute last deadline to know if I'll be driving as a reserve driver or not? How long before the race can I be 100% certain if I'll be driving or not? It seems that some people have dropped out of the race within the last 24 hours of the race, so the reason I ask.

@Elliot Ray pick car 17, Server 2 for Round 1
Hi mate sorry to be a pain but I won't be able to race as my new pedals haven't arrived yet . Cheers for the offer though , will be looking around for sure .
Edit - I will be able to race but on a controller, it's up to you as to whether or not you want me in the server .

@Timotej Andonovski pick car #30, Server 2 for Round 1

No further reserve drivers will be added for Round 1

Doh :(

So many more drivers have dropped out since, was so close to getting in! Is it usually around this time you "lock" the server, be useful in future for those that drop out, and us reserves wanting a go (surprised to find my lap time in the GT4 isn't as bad as I feared!)

Doh :(

So many more drivers have dropped out since, was so close to getting in! Is it usually around this time you "lock" the server, be useful in future for those that drop out, and us reserves wanting a go (surprised to find my lap time in the GT4 isn't as bad as I feared!)
Useful for those drivers who drop out - just gonna add a little something on that remark.
The rule is quite clear on that, they should do so within 24 hours of the race, meaning there is plenty of time to re-arrange drivers. Unfortunately some drivers have a real issue and some just wont make it, thats how people behave sometimes. I am not pointing fingers at anyone, most have real good reasons to back out - which is acceptable, but i dont think in the 20 seasons we´ve ever had a season where no-one backed out of.
Now for the the question when servers are locked, i will leave that to Florian or Matej to answer.

if any of the reserves is around and happens to have practiced a certain car you can contact me on ts and get a drive if it happens to be before quali.
If you don't happen to have practiced a car I recommend not to do it

Had a really good race, some nice clean racing guys!
Unfortunately I made 2 misstakes:
1. Jump started because of a lag spike...
2. In the pits, I let my steering wheel a bit loose and lost focus.. Result crashing in the pit lane into the stairs on the left... Race over for me :(

Hope to see you all next week !

Now for the the question when servers are locked, i will leave that to Florian or Matej to answer.

I went on the "if you don't ask you don't get" approach and had a fun evening. Thank you all! Race craft went ok, just need to learn which way round my pit lane and pit request buttons are in the heat of the moment on my new wheel (Fanatec McLaren GT3)...drive through when pitting...then got myself another when taking said pen. Doh!

I'll be doing lots of pit stop practise for next Wednesday! Car felt good and fun to drive!