What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S20 - Race 1 - Silverstone

Had a "normal" race I believe. though I didn't tested the pit entrance and got 2 or 3 stop/go penalties for speeding, but that's ok..., no worries. Sorry if I bothered anyone on the GT-Rs, it wasn't my intention.

In general terms this was a good race, I was able to finish with not many errors I believe, some made because I didn't practiced too much.

See you in Indy.

Had a god race. finished with tyres o 40% maybe too consrvative. had 2 stop &go penalties for track limits :( oherwise pretty smooth. enjoyed it

Referencing for admins, I raced in the Server 2, Car #7. Was supposed to use server 1 Car #10. Switch was made by Florian Koetz.

GR everybody

May or may not have crossed the line with 7% left on the LF tire...fun race though, didn't have any problems with traffic.

Well that played out interesting, didn't expect to get away with a class win. Not that it matters, it was great fun! Apologies for the few little miscommunication or if I got a bit twitchy in front of the GTRs sometimes, not intentional, mistake on my end :whistle: :whitles: :whistling:

ADMINS: In the pre-race briefing I could hardly hear Florian and when the first Code 80 was called I did not hear a thing over the GT-R's engine. First I knew was a train of cars at limiter speed that I eventually saw ahead. I immediately put on the limiter and, when the code 80 was cancelled (which again I could barely hear over an idling engine), I remained on the limiter for several seconds AND allowed a GT-R which came up to pass me.

Rules is rules and I suppose I can expect a penalty regardless, but I have now upped the volume in TS a lot. We'll see what we get next week, where I will also turn down the engine volume in-game.

However, I am aware of issues where an RF2 crash can occur if you try to alt-tab from a Full Screen RF2 instance back to Windows in order to, for example, adjust TS volume settings. I was not, therefore, going to try to fix the volume when I realised the problem during the briefing.

For the second Code 80, I got lucky as it was called while I was off-throttle and I caught a faint voice. Couldn't make out the words but I knew what was coming.

Satisfied with the result, but a bit confused for the stop/go penalty i received.
Very good first part of the race, but when I had worn tyres, I had to go outside the track on the last corner in order to let the gtr's through, and then I received a stop/go penalty....
Fun race, without that penalty I could have won. Congrats to Luka for the solid race.

ADMINS: In the pre-race briefing I could hardly hear Florian and when the first Code 80 was called I did not hear a thing over the GT-R's engine. First I knew was a train of cars at limiter speed that I eventually saw ahead. I immediately put on the limiter and, when the code 80 was cancelled (which again I could barely hear over an idling engine), I remained on the limiter for several seconds AND allowed a GT-R which came up to pass me.

Rules is rules and I suppose I can expect a penalty regardless, but I have now upped the volume in TS a lot. We'll see what we get next week, where I will also turn down the engine volume in-game.

However, I am aware of issues where an RF2 crash can occur if you try to alt-tab from a Full Screen RF2 instance back to Windows in order to, for example, adjust TS volume settings. I was not, therefore, going to try to fix the volume when I realised the problem during the briefing.

For the second Code 80, I got lucky as it was called while I was off-throttle and I caught a faint voice. Couldn't make out the words but I knew what was coming.

there is a Teamspeak addon that lowers the volume of all other apps when somebody talks - it's called VolumeControl by Broesel

Link to Download

Thank you Steve! I also had issues to hear Florian, and I think I maybe passed a little bit the mark of CODE 80 ENFORCED because I heard the announcement late.
That addon is so useful in these cases so thanks again :)

there is a Teamspeak addon that lowers the volume of all other apps when somebody talks - it's called VolumeControl by Broesel

Link to Download

Oh man, of course! I used to use a predecessor add-on like that in TS years ago. Must have forgotten to install it since a PC reformat a while back. However, lowering the game volume is only half a fix, for Florian's voice was coming through very weakly even pre-race with no other noises. Still, now installed and it should help. As long as the only TS speaking is a Code 80 announcement, I know what a volume drop means. Cheers.

Oh man, of course! I used to use a predecessor add-on like that in TS years ago. Must have forgotten to install it since a PC reformat a while back. However, lowering the game volume is only half a fix, for Florian's voice was coming through very weakly even pre-race with no other noises. Still, now installed and it should help. As long as the only TS speaking is a Code 80 announcement, I know what a volume drop means. Cheers.

You can also turn individuals up in TS by right clicking on the user you need to turn up and going to "Change Volume"

Yes, I know about individual volume changes. I just couldn't risk alt-tabbing out of RF2 to change anything once I was in the game. As long as this first race is used as a one-time learning experience and I take steps to avoid everything that was a problem here, the next races will be smooth and lovely as I inevitably circulate to a "lapped-everybody" victory! :p

This is not a race series, it is an Academy. Drivers are expected to show their current standard and improve if possible. Therefore, should I report an incident which is not really a penalty situation as such but could be flagged as a learning opportunity for another driver? A private conversation might not be received as intended as I don't know anyone else here yet. Should I just sit down and worry only about my own mistakes/performance? Probably!

I had a pretty good race in the GT1 just managed to just make a 1 stop work before getting rekt with 2 stop and holds just before then end. I forgot how brutal it was around SRC since like 3 of them were trying to give extra space to the gt4s when I passed. Oh well you live and learn and I hope I can disgrace myself a little less next time out lol. Cheers for hosting the double SRCA and bring on (my least favourite track) Indy :D

If you run rF2 in borderless window mode, you can alt-tab without any risk. And it looks similar to full screen once in game. It will cost some fps tho...

This is not a race series, it is an Academy. Drivers are expected to show their current standard and improve if possible. Therefore, should I report an incident which is not really a penalty situation as such but could be flagged as a learning opportunity for another driver? A private conversation might not be received as intended as I don't know anyone else here yet. Should I just sit down and worry only about my own mistakes/performance? Probably!
15.4 Drivers are encouraged to submit an Incident Review Request within 2 days of the race. Stewards will not review the complete race.
Meaning if stewards miss a few incidents it would be a good idea to submit them, obviously we dont want drivers who cant behave - we´ve yet to see a "wrecker" go through the series. But i suggest you submit IRR if someone messed up your race.

I checked the results tabs etc, very Nice looking btw and good job guys.

Quick question, how are the driver incidents counted in Total? I saw that I had 80 incidents, is this because I crashed in the pits of something, I thought I had a rather clean race (sort of incident free towards other drivers) but this shows me wrong.. ;)

I checked the results tabs etc, very Nice looking btw and good job guys.

Quick question, how are the driver incidents counted in Total? I saw that I had 80 incidents, is this because I crashed in the pits of something, I thought I had a rather clean race (sort of incident free towards other drivers) but this shows me wrong.. ;)
The incident tab is very exaggerated. First off any contact with wings, wheels, loose objects as cones etc counts. A contact between cars can actually be more than one contact, since you might touch the car, then he can bump into you, then into a wall and back into you.
Dont mind that too much.