What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S18 - Race 1 - Silverstone

Matej Lakota

Reaction score
Race Length: 90 Minutes
Simulated Race Time: 14:00 - 15:30

Race schedule:
19:05 - Open practice
19:55 - All cars must be on the server, all racers connected to TeamSpeak (everyone alone in his own channel) - and stay there
20:34 - Whisper test
20:35 - 20:50 - Qualifying
20:50 - 20:55 - 5 min break/warmup
20:56 - Final whisper test (optional)
20:57 - Start of formation lap (on pitlimiter - single file, no overlap)
21:00 - Green flag at the red line marked on the track map bellow

Real name mandatory, otherwise you will get black flag in open practice before the race.
Driver has to change nickname after 1st warning when admins notice he is not using real name, otherwise he will be excluded from SRCA league before the first race.

Server:
Flag rules:
Black only

Review the rules before joining the server for the race.
Orange Zone:
In effect through first full race lap

silverstone.png

Stewards review

Orange Zone:
42 - Claus Krogsgaard and Javier Polanco overtake Dan Svoboda and Gustavo da Silva during the formation lap because Gustavo stalled the car and Dan waited behind. No further action as one car was really slow but the sensible thing would be to give back the place after Gustavo finally started moving. Sam Williams did that and that's how everyone should have done it.
45 - Lorenzo Bonder overtakes Christian Moreau during the formation lap. He returns the position. No further action.
45 - Ruben Artiaga overtakes Christian Moreau and Stefan McCready during the formation lap, 30 sec stop and hold to Ruben Artiaga
45 - Alexander Jones overtakes Mike Davies during the formation lap. Drive Through to Alexander

Pit entry and exit blend line violations
IN
-

Out
1611 - Richard Slot Kruger
3197 - Kenneth Jensen

Reported incidents/observed by race control:
@2408 - Richard Kruger laps Firat San but goes back to the racing line too early. The resulting contact causes significant damage to both cars. A driver of the faster class MUST NEVER cause an incident like this as they are very easy to avoid. 30 sec stop and hold to Richard Kruger

Penalties for code 80-violations
1st code 80 at 2740.2
Steve Olden speeding in the beginning of the code 80 and overtaking several cars dangerously - 60 sec stop and hold
Ruben Artiaga speeding in the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
Mike Davies speeding in the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
Kenneth Jensen speeding in the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through

2nd code 80 at 3380.2
Levente Magyar speeding in the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
Emin Babaoglu speeding in the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
Mike Davies speeding in the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
Jesus Sanchez overtaking during the countdown of the code 80 - 30 sec stop and hold

Final summary of penalties
Richard Kruger - 60 sec stop and hold
Kenneth Jensen - 30 sec stop and hold
Steve Olden - 60 sec stop and hold
Ruben Artiaga - 60 sec stop and hold
Mike Davies - 30 sec stop and hold
Levente Magyar - Drive Through
Emin Babaoglu - Drive Through
Jesus Sanchez - 30 sec stop and hold
Alexander Jones - Drive Through

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello!

I'm having difficulty joining the server. Whenever I try to connect my game crashes.

Below are the images I captured as it happened. clicking on the window results in the game closing out back to the launcher, and I included the Trace file as well.

Any help would be deeply appreciated, if this is even the correct place to ask such things.

Screenshot (16).png
Screenshot (17).png

Just removed the trace, as you are actually joining the server with command line which will show the password. Nothing major is showing up at first sight.
Do you have the same issues when joining the server normally?

Ah crap...Sorry!

I can't join period. I type the password, it loads up the screen that I capped and then the game crashes.

sorry I'm new to this. I cant find where the password for the Silverstone server is, or the teamspeak channel. any help would be appreciated very much

hello good, this season will be impossible to run, now the races are on Saturday night and it is impossible to be available, I realized after registering that the date passes on Saturdays, nose why this change is due and what You put weekend and at night, logically spoil the free weekend of people forcing them to stay in cass at night. I can not run this season if it's Saturday ... thanks.

IMPORTANT!

Season 18 is mainly for American drivers, so therefor the sign ups will be open for more than 50 spots. After the sign up is closed every North-American and South-American (basically everyone with residence out of Europe) will be moved to the top of the sign up list. After that the first 40 will get a seat in a car and the next 10 will get a spot as a reserve driver. There will be NO MORE THAN 10 RESERVE DRIVERS.
Read carefully sign up procedure (again), so there will not be any problems just because you only think that you know how to do it.

hello good, this season will be impossible to run, now the races are on Saturday night and it is impossible to be available, I realized after registering that the date passes on Saturdays, nose why this change is due and what You put weekend and at night, logically spoil the free weekend of people forcing them to stay in cass at night. I can not run this season if it's Saturday ... thanks.
Sorry to hear @Adrian Blasco :(
But I believe they made it well clear that this was going to be run on a different schedule.

I have no idea how we can make this more clear. The sign ups are on saturday, indicating that something is off, the schedule is for saturdays, the rules say that saturday seasons are possible, the sign ups are in red

Before the season started I said to Matej: We should make the special information red so people can see it better. But they will probably miss it anyways.
what a surprise ;)

And even after you realize that the races are on saturday you don't care to read the sign up post that clearly states why this is a special season and why we "logically spoil the free weekend of people", btw we also spoil our own free weekend.
But this is not a problem because people who want to get their license before Le Mans can run next season or could have run the previous season. After all, most people manage to get a license after their first season instead of needing 5.

if the next one happens to wednesday I will be sure, since I have been with this since December and this last one surprised me that I did not obtain the license srca seeing names that if they got it and on the track they were kamikazes.jeje.but good, your motives will be. I said, when it happens to the normal thing that is on Wednesday or any day during the week I will note it. A greeting to all.

your biggest problem is code 80s. If you stop speeding under code 80 you get a license next season. So just take a step back and drive safely and you will get a license.

I imagined that it was because of that, but there was a code 80 that I did not see it logical and it was to overtake a car in the countdown, that car that was ahead of different category slower, I ran to 240 more or less in Indianapolis and the other car 2 times slower for being another category and brake when the countdown was still four and until the countdown does not end you do not have to be at 80 ... if it were in the same category I can understand, but being of another then no and I do not see something serious as to not get the license. but nothing happens, so you decided and I respect, the last of sepang the race was clean for me without any penalty and in nola to step on the line entrance to box that was difficult to enter that circuit .. the first race at Silverstone at 10 min of race I went internet in all the street where I live and when I wanted to enter I said server error and I could not finish, then analyzing everything because I do not see it very fair, when I think it matters more the track cleaning than the to cross a line without wanting to or some code 80 a bit illogical as I tell above. But I repeat are your rules and decisions and I respect them. the races here are very nice and everything very well organized. if the next season happens on wednesday tell me ... a greeting and a hug.

The google definition of overtaking is: catch up with and pass while travelling in the same direction

Overtaking with a lap difference is also referred to as lapping but first and foremost it is overtaking (as defined above).

So naturally when I say "no overtaking" it means that you must not catch up and pass a car that is travelling in the same direction as you.
But that rarely happens, I think your problem was actually speeding and not overtaking.

Last edited:
in the sanction you put me to advance in the account back not to accelerate .. but good nothing happens.

I went to sign up and the spots are all full :(

Maybe enough people will have a problem with the Saturday schedule that slots will open?