What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S18 - Race 1 - Silverstone

Hi guys! Not my race! Sorry for the two guys involved... car 36 and 40. I got a stupid stop and go for cutting the track when i went of. When i drove to the pits, it only took the stop and go, and not the repair, so i retirered instead of driving a hole lap in a wrecked car so i wouldn’t kill anyone else! It was fun ontil it ended... Thanks
@Carlos Alba and @Claus Krogsgaard

What a great race.
Not because of the result, well I don't complain about it, but because it was my first "long" race(and first ever in rF2) in VR. And it felt good.

The biggest surprise was definitely the dry track in the qualifying. I thought that the wet track surface will be transferred, so I started the session... and realized in the arena section, that the rain tires are not the best decision. Still got one good run.

The race. Hmm, my biggest fear: the melting left front tire. I knew, that I am not alone with that problem, but from what I saw in the testing sessions, it seemed that it not even last a half fuel tank.
However, as the race started I was focused on fighting with Connor. Really enjoyed it! Can't remember any problems with lapping cars, just one moment, where I should have stayed behind a GT4 instead of going two-wide through a corner. Basically my fault.

As said, I drove in VR, so I don't see the vehicle/driver labels and therefore I don't know who I made the contact with. Wanted to pass a GT1 on the inside of Stowe corner, looked like he leaves the space, but now I think he wanted to go into the pits. Could be just bad luck. Minimal damage, my car was still drivable. Hope yours too(have to watch the replay to find out).
After that, I wanted to drive as long as possible, just to see what happens to the left front tire. Lived way longer as expected.

Good thing: I could focus on my own driving.
Was a little bit concerned wearing the Rift longer than ever before. Now I know, if you are really racing, instead of "just testing", you nearly forget it. :)

Looking forward to Indy.

Great race, Thanks to the organizers SRC. The GTR is a blast to drive. And ended up setting my PB ever in this track during the race 1:58.245, not as fast the our race winner, but positive for me as I felt I was driving faster as the race progressed, practice makes better indeed.
Looking forward to Indy next saturday :D :D :D

Hi Richard, I think my car was # 16, you are looking for another pilot, but thanks anyway, a great detail on your part.
Cheers!

This is my newly edited race, it will probably take some time to upload the quality of the video since the file weight a lot.
Great race, In the final stretch of the race, my left front tire said we have arrived here.
Congratulations to all pilots for fair play and the podium.
Looking forward to Indy ;)

Thanks to the organizers SRCA!
& to Carlos Santos, THX for the perfect live!

Last edited:
Hi all,
Congratulations all people joined in this event. And so proud due polite , clean and respect from my side.
Here my race video. Hope you enjoin. Will meet to you in Indi.

nice video and nice setup.....

in the 370z if you turn the wipers on and then turn them off the wiper blade stops on the bonnet out of your view...

Penalties have been posted in post 3 of this thread

Note for the formation lap: You should definitely keep in mind how the driver in front of you is called.
Note #2 for the formation lap: You can close the gap to the car in front of you. I didn't see it during the race as I was busy checking for missing drivers but you can switch off your pit speed limiter to close the gap during the formation lap.

45 - Alexander Jones overtakes Mike Davies during the formation lap. Drive Through to Alexander

*face palm*
Sorry Mike Davies. Got confused by the hold up on formation lap.

I have a question about serving the drive through penalty. The rules say the penalty must be served in the first 10 laps. Can a penalty be served on lap 1 (meaning the very end of the formation lap)? Or only at the end of the first green flag lap at the earliest?

message **************

hm I think I have to look up that part of the rules and fix it

Because the penalties are handed out by me. So the game will eventually give you the penalty. You shouldn't serve it before that point.
And when the game has given you the penalty you have 3 laps.

EDIT: The rules are correct. It says they will be execuded within the first 10 laps. That means that within the first ten laps I type in the server command for giving a penalty to every driver that has one

Penalties have been posted in post 3 of this thread

Note for the formation lap: You should definitely keep in mind how the driver in front of you is called.
Note #2 for the formation lap: You can close the gap to the car in front of you. I didn't see it during the race as I was busy checking for missing drivers but you can switch off your pit speed limiter to close the gap during the formation lap.
@Florian Koetz thank you for the explanation, I was having this exact dought if I could switch off my speed limiter and catch up to the car in front.

Fair penalty, even though I gave back the position to Christian right after turn 1 when I realized. It's all right, what matters is that we race.

Just to explain what caused it

Me and Chris and some of the guys in front got confused with the GT1 that was right in the middle of the GT4 field in the formation lap and I accidentally overtook Christian without even realizing in the first place, once I realized on the relative I slowed down after turn 1 and let him pass because I know he was in front of me.