What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S17 - Race 1 - Silverstone

What a frustrating way to start this season! For some reason, my force feedback didn't work anymore when the race started. It still worked in Q and warmup, but nog in the race. Very sad as it was quite annoying driving with feedback, especially in the rain.

Now onto the race itself: Besides the hardware problems, I very much enjoyed it. In qualification, it's very hard to find some space (with the GTR). I didn't manage to find some space this time, but I've learned a lot I can take with me to the next race.

As I started the race with nearly 2 laps down (I'd pitted twice to try and solve my FFB problem), the only thing I could do was focus on bringing the car home and put in some consistent laps. I really like the fact that you need to stay focused all of the time, with the faster & slower cars all around you. One of the hardest things was that some slower cars moved off their line to let you by, but some didn't (which is not wrong, according to the rules), which made it sometimes awkward to evaluate how to pass someone.

If this race thought me one thing, it really was that I would like to proceed with endurance racing.

Bring on Indianapolis! :)

Congrats to the podium and thanks to the staff!

Oy vey, the rain! Never drove in the rain before this week.

and the code 80s. not sure i passed muster there. i need to adjust the relative volume of rF2 and Teamspeak to make sure I hear the race steward clearly.
i may have caused one of them by passing in the final chicane.

all-in-all, i enjoyed myself very much, and look forward to next time.

What a frustrating way to start this season! For some reason, my force feedback didn't work anymore when the race started. It still worked in Q and warmup, but nog in the race. Very sad as it was quite annoying driving with feedback, especially in the rain.

Set a key for FFB reset (I think it is in miscellaneous settings) and it should solve this problem in the future.

Awesome race, never enjoyed a 90 minutes race like this.
My track skills are pretty rusty since I haven't done endurance racing since a long time, I lost some time while lapping GT4 cars as I didn't know how to do it properly, I hope I didn't ruin nobody's race.
Anyway, I hope Indianapolis will be as fun as Silverstone, I had a great time.
Congrats to everyone, the leading guys were really fast!

Good race fellas! Weather played me like a violin in this special night. Code 80, im at the start of sector 3, " should i pit right now? why not, lemme fill her up to for the remaining laps " , 2 minutes after leaving pits....rain! But it was great fun! Most of the GTRs where polite and patiente with us slower pacers, a few hot heads not so much, but we are all here to learn and today was a great experience. Thx for the race, and congrats to the winners and finishers.

Cheers!

Great race, and good to finally have some rain ;).

@Luca Desi, sorry about the contact m8. I really thought we were just close. I tried to check it out on my replay and it looks like there is much more room. I didnt notice your ping m8, but never mind. Feel free to post an IRR like the race directors said (hope you heard it, I tried to tell you in the TS channel). It was on me. I should have found a way past you.

Race went good. Didnt have a free lap for qual so i had to start 12 (wow you guys are fast in front). Moved up to 7th before the first code 80 and thought i would take advantage of it and pit. However i shouldnt have done that because 2 laps later the rain came, and i had to reenter :(. Came out 10th and held it through the rain.
All-in-all a good experience, great fun as always here at SRC.
Congrats to the podium.

Thx to the organizers. Job well done guys!

Great race guys!
It took me some time to get up to pace in the beginning after not having a lot of dry practice but then everything was going really well. The weather was pretty confusing at first and after the first shower i decided to stay on dry tires as I didn´t think there would be any more rain. Then I got unlucky with Code 80s just having passed Start/Finish at the start of both. I was really hoping for another one which would allow me to pit for fuel and tires as the rain didn´t get any better at all.
And in the last 30 minutes it just really went downhill for me. First my left foot started cramping which was really annoying and when then rf2 started having severe framedrops every few laps I was just extremely frustrated. In the last few laps I then had a contact into T1 after locking up which was really unfortunate. Sorry for that @Jesper Krogh . Then I had to pit multiple times for fuel first and then Stop/Go penalty by locking up on my dry tires into the pits.
The race really didn´t go the way I wanted and this being pretty much my first time racing in the rain it was probably more of a learning experience anyway.. Also gambling on good weather probably isn´t the best idea at Silverstone.
Congrats to the winners and thanks for all the great racing and good multiclass behaviour. Let´s hope Indy goes better :)

Unfortunately i had a house’s blackout, thats why i lost connection after 1 and a quarter hour of race, whatever i enjoyed a lot the race, mostly when it started raining, also i want to apologize with all the staff because of the streaming, i promised to make a stream from my onboard but i crashed a lot of time because of the weather here in Italy, so after some tests i decided to do not stream the race, apologize again.

bad luck in the race being in a second position and running comfortably but my internet broke down in the whole area and it was 10 minutes until I came back and then I did not let myself back in because I got server error, a real pain and See you at the next. I am sorry.

Are IRR's shown anywhere (when finished being evaluated ofcourse), so that we might learn from the mistakes made in the race?
Tmestamp, drivers involved etc..

Are IRR's shown anywhere (when finished being evaluated ofcourse), so that we might learn from the mistakes made in the race?
Tmestamp, drivers involved etc..
If you look at previous race threads you’ll see it’s always posted in 2nd post when it is done ;)