What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

R2 - Road America

Hard luck + my own mistakes, well that's motorsport :) Good racing between worse stuff still. After the pitstop i noticed that i'm over 2min short of fuel, well i made it! 2 litres left when crossing the finish line. Maybe lost only 1 position because of this, otherwise could have been a nice race with Arttu. :)

I had hoped for a rain but after quali it was pretty clear the race would be dry. Next track is totally unknown to me like Barber was but we'll see there. Do we see any code80's ;)

Q: For a short while I was the polesitter due to right tire choice, but unlucky T1 ruined my best lap. P10, poor position.
R: At the start there was a small confusion, 'cuz I was in front of P9 in timing, and I started to check my menu, after the call from the stewards, let the guy bye (would have done it anyway, before T1), so no incident there I presume. During the warm-up lap had a massive lagspike @ Canada corner, lucky that didn't cause any problems.
- Then, lap 1... found that last puddle in the braking zone for Canada corner, looked like a silly rookie error, but suddenly just didn't have any grip. Lucky boy, that Gaspar Zupan didn't hit me. :p
- The next lap, T2 Lewis Redshaw ... you were much farther in my mirrors; committed to the corner, I didn't expect a lunge there. All good.
- 1077 Gaspar Zupan... Bovo and you braked so early for that corner (due to slow moving Castro?), I just didn't expect that, up to the judges.

Had massive flatsports after the Lap 1 spin, and had to come in very early, the tires had no grip anymore in fast corners.

- 3295 Waved Paulo Coimbra bye 'cuz I felt (since T3, sixth sense) that there's going to be a lagspike... before that, tried to let leader Tero Dahlberg bye as soon as possible, very very lucky situation.
- 4875 Dominic Byrne... A courtesy lift would have been nice...

That was the only race for me this season... I hope there are no more technical issues next season.

Wasn't particularly comfortable in the car in practice, made worse by the rain and just not getting used to it.

Q: didn't go too badly, mess up my best lap but oh well. P13

Race: just wanted to play it safe and get it to the end. Think I maybe overfuelled for the first stint but it worked out towards the end (I put in 100L for the start which meant i could do a quick splash when I pitted) and managed to finish the race with less than 1L left. Just kept it out of trouble, had some fun fights but I knew who was a lot faster than me and where so just played it safe for the first half. got more comfortable in the 2nd half and was able to push the car more. P12 at the end. not bad I guess but think if I had been more comfortable in the car i'd have done a bit better.

See you all next round :)

[QUOTE="
- 1077 Gaspar Zupan... Bovo and you braked so early for that corner (due to slow moving Castro?), I just didn't expect that, up to the judges.
.[/QUOTE]

I will check the replay because i don't realy remember this moment ! Sorry if i cause you some troubles ...
In the first 10 ou 12 lap i was behind 2 cars in battle, i don't remember who it was ! And many cars was spining in front of me !
And i haven't trained enough for this, ;)

I had a lot of framerate issues in the race (rfactor being rfactor :/ ) and managed to destroy my right front shock 8 laps in. Thankfully though i had enough fuel after my pitstop to make it the rest of the way. Very hectic race but tons of fun!

Hi

I come here to apologize Lewis Redshaw and the whole SRCA organization for the incident that I made which involved me, Lewis Redshaw and Joona Karimaa in the first lap.

It was all my fault. I didn't see where exactly was the white line on the right so I completely misjudged the space for Lewis. During braking there is a kerb after the white line on the right side of the track so Lewis struggled to brake while going through the kerb. Wasn't my intention to force him out.

Ric

Mate, it's racing, these things happen. Sorry to anyone who couldn't avoid my spun car, hope it didn't cause much damage. Had to fight back through the field and got to P4. Made a couple of mistakes with braking zones which cost me a lot of time but was a fun evening. Nice to get a pole too.

I think the puddle might be your right front tyre melting while it's not rotating for a 100 meters :D But seriously, that actually doesn't cause a spin. Just thought it's funny :D

Nah, the graphics bug doesn't show the damp area for some reason. The tire was just underrotating for most of the time, and locked just before the corner, when I tried to miss the back end of Vieira's car. You can watch it all happen at "526".

no they locked way earlier, you went started braking a bit too late. There is a bend in the straight so very often on the inside line for that turn the car is not yet settled and the weight distribution is a bit off. It's easier to lock the tyres then and if you lock one wheel you will have less deceleration.
Eventually you were just a bit too quick at the apex and if you force a car into the turn while being just slightly too fast it will spin you.
At this point in time the track was already dry where you were driving. Only at the edge you would have found a damp track but you weren't at the edge

I took a look at the server replay and I would say your right side tyres were definitely on a wetter part of the track. I wouldn't describe it as a puddle though, it's just wet track outside the racing line.

There also seems to be a slight pendulum effect happening. Like a small Scandinavian flick that is used in loose surface racing to help the car rotate around a corner. Looking at the driver hands it's clear you have to make slight corrections to keep the car going straight.

Maybe the car in front made you misjudge your own car's angle, but you start to countersteer (straighten the wheel) when you feel the rear is stepping out on you, but then for some reason you decide against it and keep turning right again and that ultimately puts you in a slide you can't recover from. I think up until that point you could've avoided the spin if you'd just kept countersteering until the rear is under control. In my humble opinion of course :)

Not meant as criticism per se but I just felt like trying to analyse some replay footage :D

Oh and regarding the wing stuff from earlier. I think you were kind of right about medium downforce. Though I myself separate low, medium and high downforce based on the min and max wing angle I can make work. But if we take the whole range of rear wing settings, which is 0 to 13 I think on the Camaro, then medium df is about right :) Personally I consider about 5 as lowest wing angle as I can't seem to make a setup work with less angle than that. Well so far anyway :D

@Marjan Koderman unfortunately there is nothing that will certainly help with this problem. Lots of people are trying to first of all repeat this issue with certainty/predictability. And only after that can we start to look into what might be causing it. There doesn't seem to be anything obvious that people have found out. Some have this problem and some do not. So for now people are just trying random things.

Have you tried the suggested fix on top of our forum here?
"Screen freeze?
Make sure you change an option in your controller.json called "Use Thread" and set it from "false" to "true""

Ha... that would have been impossible from that angle, I could have only hit the car in front of me with that speed. :D
Now the incident with Zupan (1077) is much more interesting for me. Just a racing incident due to concertina effect?

We will not allow discussion about accidents on forum. Make report (until Friday 20:00 CET) with official replay timestamp and marshals will check it and decide what happened.