What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

R2 - Road America

Matej Lakota

Reaction score
Race Length: 90 Minutes
Simulated Race Time: 14:00 - 15:30

Race schedule:
19:00 - Server reboot
19:05 - Open practice
19:55 - All cars must be on the server, all racers connected to TeamSpeak (everyone alone in his own channel) - and stay there
20:35 – 20:50 - Qualifying
20:50 – 20:55 - 5 min break/warmup
20:57 - Start of formation lap - formation lap under pit limiter
21:00 - Green flag announced by race director

Real name mandatory, otherwise you will get black flag in open practice before the race.
Driver has to change nickname after 1st warning when admins notice he is not using real name, otherwise he will be excluded from SRCA league before the first race.

Server: The latest build
Flag rules: Black only

Review the rules before joining the server for the race.
Orange Zone: In effect through first full lap

Last edited by a moderator:
[Parsehtml]
<iframe id="forecast_embed" type="text/html" frameborder="0" height="245"
width="100%"
src="http://forecast.io/embed/#lat=43.833327&lon=-88.017873&name=Road America&color=#FF0000&font=Exo&units=uk"></iframe>[/Parsehtml]

Last edited:
Stewards review

Orange Zone:
460 - R. Costa and L. Redshaw collide during the braking zone because R. Costa moves during the braking. Normally this would be a warning/infractions but because it happened in the orange zone it will be a drive through.

Pit entry and exit blend line violations

None.

Reported incidents:
None.

Penalties carried over from last race:

E. Andre - Drive Through
T. Pereira - Drive Through

Final penalty summary

R. Costa - Drive through
E. Andre - Drive Through
T. Pereira - Drive Through

For new drivers, penalties will be applied to you by the game, roughly 10 minutes in to the next race session.

We only looked at the reported incidents (IRR's), please submit an IRR if you want to have an incident reviewed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I won't make it at Road America. Its on the same date as eurogamer league.

I'll be there for the 3rd round.

Can i ask why we use this version of the track? I have a massive fps drop 3 or 4 times in a same spot.(under 40 fps) In the other version i have no issue and also looks better imho.

I'm looking forward to this event. After my poor debut at Barber, I'm looking to prove myself that I can race at the level that I know I can. I've had a lot of experience with this track in my other leagues.

Before we place any track on the schedule, we test it to see how hardware demanding it is or if there are bugs which could cause problems. I drove it with 40 AI cars without any problems for some laps (i7 3770, 16gb RAM, GTX 970), but I will ask other SRCA crew guys to test it and I will also do it again, just to check if everything is OK.

Can i ask why we use this version of the track? I have a massive fps drop 3 or 4 times in a same spot.(under 40 fps) In the other version i have no issue and also looks better imho.
There is possibly something wrong with T5 & T13 area @ Road America. Have had sudden drops of FPS there racing against a field of AI-s, especially when the cars are moving in opposite direction.

This version of the track is fine otherwise, I wouldn't change it.

I believe this version of the track is more accurate than the others that are out there. I will also do some tests and see how it is. This is probably one of the more demanding tracks for rF2 at the moment. And I think it's because of the trees. But lowering track detail level could and should help.

There is possibly something wrong with T5 & T13 area @ Road America. Have had sudden drops of FPS there racing against a field of AI-s, especially when the cars are moving in opposite direction.

This version of the track is fine otherwise, I wouldn't change it.
Wrote by track creator:
'This is a new scratch made project from me: Road America. I made this because I was unhappy with the existing ones. The track was built with 3D trees and because of this reason you need a very good PC to run this track. No joke! Unfortunately because of an rF2 engine limitation (shadowcasting range) the trees don't look like how I wanted.
If I find that there is interest in the track then I will make an updated version with a lot of fixes and with 2D trees to speed up the performance.'

Probably that cause, a lot of 3D tree. Did you try this version?
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=754710490&searchtext=road+america

I believe this version of the track is more accurate than the others that are out there. I will also do some tests and see how it is. This is probably one of the more demanding tracks for rF2 at the moment. And I think it's because of the trees. But lowering track detail level could and should help.
I never drove in a real track, i believe you it is more accurate. I just find the other one better.
I will lowering track detail level, thanx for suggestion.

I turned down the graphics details, i have a few fps drop Moraine Sweep, rest of the track is fine.:thumbsup: (y)

NOTE: don't set track details to LOW, because you will be not see the pit exit guy!!

I have a little problem, i need to try with night and wet conditions but offline rf2 crash for me and i don't know why. I have tried to change some settings, removed opponents and change graphic settings but nothing..
Crash happen at loading page.

Can you guys please check my G27 settings for the Camaro. Especialy fbb i meen?

Thx.

Last edited:
I don t use G27 anymore, but my settings were similar, except I think "steering rate" I had set to 0.