What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

R1 - NOLA

Yea i know but im to competitive :D

Then you have to learn that sometimes holding back is the right thing to do

Senna himself said that
To win a championship you need more than anything a very clear mind to understand exactly when is the moment to be aggressive, when is the moment to be calculative, when is the moment to give everything you have, when is the moment to hold everything you have for another opportunity. That’s the difference between winning and losing

Senna himself said that
To win a championship you need more than anything a very clear mind to understand exactly when is the moment to be aggressive, when is the moment to be calculative, when is the moment to give everything you have, when is the moment to hold everything you have for another opportunity. That’s the difference between winning and losing
I really agree with that. But he also more famously said "If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver" after having taken out Prost on purpose. Which he later admitted.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2015/11/...ich-exists-you-are-no-longer-a-racing-driver/

I'm not trying to be a dick, but I wanted to bring this up as so many sim racer justify their dumb moves with that quote. And I think Senna would absolutely hate that were he still alive.

Senna himself said that

I think youre misunderstand me i agree entirely with your point when i mean im too competitive i mean it in a way in a sense of chasing a lap time trying to cut time off for the purpose of qualifying. i know where my limit is and when to back down after all thats what race craft is being smart

I really agree with that. But he also more famously said "If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver" after having taken out Prost on purpose. Which he later admitted.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2015/11/...ich-exists-you-are-no-longer-a-racing-driver/

I'm not trying to be a dick, but I wanted to bring this up as so many sim racer justify their dumb moves with that quote. And I think Senna would absolutely hate that were he still alive.
You can interprete this in 2 ways though

1st: You should force yourself to go into the gap
So 2 say a divebomb, which imo is a legit tool, if its a controlled move - something most fair leagues don't want to see normally. And exactly as you say for unclean driver always an excuse ... where they just are rude drivers and belong punished.

2nd: You should stay if youre already in the gap
This is a legit thing, you go for an overtake. There are though situations (ie. yellow flag, crash ahead, puddles etc.) where you should pull out again and go back "in line"

You can interprete this in 2 ways though

1st: You should force yourself to go into the gap
So 2 say a divebomb, which imo is a legit tool, if its a controlled move - something most fair leagues don't want to see normally. And exactly as you say for unclean driver always an excuse ... where they just are rude drivers and belong punished.

2nd: You should stay if youre already in the gap
This is a legit thing, you go for an overtake. There are though situations (ie. yellow flag, crash ahead, puddles etc.) where you should pull out again and go back "in line"
Sure, but in the context it was said there clearly was no gap to go for.

And I agree that divebomb is an okay move. But even talking about it, especially in a sim racing forum, one needs to be careful :D The move itself has of course existed for a long time, but the term divebomb hasn't been used for that long. And I don't know where it really originates from when it comes to racing. I believe it's a move/manouver in flying where you dive down toward the ground in an attempt to release a bomb to it's target.

Anyway, as you said most leagues "forbid"/disapprove of it, but it's very much used in racing. But if you can cleanly overtake using divebomb then that's fine. At least I don't remember anyone ever getting penalised for a clean divebomb overtake. Overtaking related rules only define situations where you must leave racing room. This makes it easier to decide who was right and who was wrong when there is contact.

And this leads to the most important point when executing a successful clean overtake; the driver you are attempting to overtake must comply in some way and for that he/she needs you see you. If you see a car behind divebombing and you don't leave room - which I remind you, you don't have to do since the driver hasn't earned racing room - you have to be a bit stupid to intentionally get hit. In my opinion, of course! If you want to get your race ruined but bask in the knowledge that you were right, then by all means enjoy that :D

Hi Jim.
Current season is full (40 drivers), so you will have to wait until S7 to join (a week or two after S6 will be ended). We allow only licence 5 (which you get when you sign up to SRCA league) to drive on SRCA server.

Matt, thank you and also too bad, you can not find joy moment(s) in this car. In next season we will run it again, so another car will be available for season 8. Cheers.

I personally find it one the most fun and rewarding cars in rF2. Especially among ISI/S397 content.

Obviously not everyone has to like the same things! Just a bit curious as to why you dislike it?

Hello,

plz show me the tracklimits for turn 4,5 and 14.

Some people goes really really wide. I tested the short line and the wide line and the difference between this 2 laps, is that the wide line is ca. 2 sec faster than short line.

unless all 4 wheels are over the white line then there is nothing wrong however are you sure that you have the right corner numbers considering both turns 4,5 and 14 in my testing lost me time especially turn 4.

there are some exclusions from crossing the white line in the R1 - Nola thread which are the final corner and turn 6

@Conlan Blamey is correct.

Also, please post things regarding a race in the race thread, it keeps things more tidy.
This thread will be locked for exactly that reason.

Jaroslaw Grzywacz said:
plz show me the tracklimits for turn 4,5 and 14.

Some people goes really really wide. I tested the short line and the wide line and the difference between this 2 laps, is that the wide line is ca. 2 sec faster than short line.
These corner numbers really make no sense regarding the track map below.
RT_A-1920x1243.jpg
Important!
White line on the left side of the last corner is excluded from 9.1 rule, so you can cross it with all 4 wheels without penalty.
This is exit of T18
Another important note!
White line on the left side of T6 is also excluded from 9.1 rule, so you can cross it with all 4 wheels without penalty.
This is effectively between T6 and T7, the grey are that is visible left of the track and starts at T6.

@Matej Lakota
I'm withdrawing from this season so a spot is free.
Raced plenty of laps both on the server and private practise and not enjoying the car at all.
I'll check back next season .

Matt

have you tried another track. i mean i dont like the car but i dont hate it however i absolutely hate Nola it just doesn't suit my driving style and so far is the hardest track to find time on ive come across. just so you dont end up withdrawing just becasue the car and track combo dont work for you after all im pretty sure next season is the Camero as well