What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

R1 - Interlagos

I agree, the Camaro is not easy to drive but if you want to drive a GT in VEC you'll end up with the same problems when you try to drive at the limit.
There are some things you can do to make it more stable and in general a bit easier to drive. I made a setup for Salzburgring some seasons ago, just for the fun of it and here it is.
You can at least have a look at it. It has quite low wing and you can probably be quicker with higher wing but maybe you want to have an easier time overtaking others (ask Tero :p).

When it came to high speed balance the setup is a bit more conservative so probably quite nice to drive.

If you really have no idea how to setup a car you should even be able to drive the seutp anywhere. At least the car gets more predictable then.

@Matt Jacobs It looks like you are very afraid of the car. You never really go to the limit. Especially at the exit of turns 2, 7 and 13 there is so much room at the outside you could use.
And in the braking of turn 11 it looks like you lift before you even start braking.
Try my setup, maybe it makes you trust into the car more and then you can start using all the track available

Thanks very much for the setup and the appraisal of my laps!
I will give it a go later and push more. I would agree I'm not at the limit of the car/tyres/track.

I love a big wing! :D

But the thinking behind that is a bit nicer setup for the tyre. Which doesn't quite come into play as well because you should change tyres at the stop. It worked quite nicely with the previous SRCA car, 370z where changing tyres just cost too much time.

And I guess I just dislike driving so "aero loose" setups. And yes, it makes overtaking harder.

I might share a setup a bit closer to the race but for now you just have rely on your own setup development skills and/or share setups amongst yourselves, which is welcomed but I've never seen it done here. In the forum at least. Probably not something you want to do in other leagues over here though if you want to maintain some competitive edge :p

I understand your points, and in VEC or VLMS I would agree.
The academy as I understand it, is not so much about finishing 1st, but demonstrating mature driving and to promote competitive bit fair racing into the various leagues.
I would like to see a lot more help and advise shared among all academy drivers.
The best way to start is by getting on the SRCA server and help each other out ;)

this won't help any beginner, in my opinion

It's a decent checklist once you know what you are doing but not before that. First you have to learn what's wrong with the car.
Like point 13, "imprecise steering in slow corners". How do people who never bothered with setups know how this is supposed to feel like?
They just don't. I think the only way to improve is looking at setups, trying out different setups and then really concentrating on how the car behaves. That way a beginner can figure out how a car feels and compare it to how it's supposed to feel.
First of all they need to know what every setting does in theory, of course.

Oddly I'm getting a 33 pace with defaults, I'll tweak a bit to see if I can get there.

I can help with some pointers around the track, I'm the "LOCAL" driver lols.

Last edited:
So, tried that setup @Florian Koetz

Its a little loose in the corners but not undriveable and i'm fairly confident with it.
Just ran about 10 laps or so and hitting 1:32.5 best so far.

I think there is quite a bit of time to be had yet on a few corners, so feeling somewhat happier.

Thanks!

Your getting there Matt, I must admit the car doesn't suit my style but with a bit of setup I could make the car stable enough to push harder, I haven't got the chance yet to drive on a dry track but enjoy my wet laps so far.

try to stay on the track at the entry of the last turn. There is a lot more grip than on the green stuff to the right
The most important thing is to be smooth. Everytime you lost the rear it was because you moved the steering wheel suddenly. I know the setup isn't made to be easy to drive but after the first lap you were smoother and it went pretty well, I think

Looks much better than the first video :)

It looks a lot better than your first video, however I must say that your setup seems stiff in the front.
Perhaps you should try softening everything a little? I.e front roll bar and general front stiffness.

Can anyone help? I can only find the 2012 version of the Camaro. Does anyone have a link to the 2013 version?