What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

R1 - Interlagos

Enzo already knows this but I'm here for the formalities and shizzles.

I can't race this Saturday because of commitments to my team on another endurance league that I run and my team is short of one man for the race on our car and I have to do a triple stint that conflicts with the current schedule of this Academy race.

I intend to do the two other races fully and cleanly although.

Good race to all drivers :)

Looking at strategy for the race, 1 stop looks very tight? With 33 laps on a tank and 66-68 laps for the race approx.
Is anyone doing 2 stops?
Also, what's the consensus on tires with a 90 min race. I assume its not worth changing?

well not quite
I'm not sure about fuel. I know that the Camaro can get a bit close but tbh I think it's unlikely that you need 2 stops.
And even if it's close, I'm sure you can save a bit of fuel each stint and make it with one stop.

Refueling and changing tyres is done at the same time with this car so definitely change tyres during your pitstop. It won't cost you a lot of time and you will be 1-1.5 sec faster than anyone who doesn't change tyres after the pit stop.

To spoil the fun of strategy considerations, there really is just one strategy; one stop to take fuel and tyres. Assuming it's dry. It should btw.

You should also check your math as 90 mins at 90 sec a lap is 60 laps in total. Not accounting for the formation lap and pit stop. So definitely won't be over 60 laps :)

We've had some mixed weather races but never a full on wet race from start to finish so no idea which strategy would be fastest then.

Running a few sprint races against the AI to add some pressure and alternate lines / overtaking etc.

Looks awesome in DX11 / VR

Oh damn I didn't see it was running on saturdays now, that makes easier for me. Next one I try to join

Will, only "SRCA Americas" we run on Saturdays. Next few seasons will be again set on Wednesdays.

Unfortunately I will not be able to participate today, one hour ago I am without internet at my house, and when I call the provider I am told that I will continue without service for 2 more hours. I never have big cuts of the service, but today, just this day had to be? I want to kill someone, if possible to the head of the supplier. I apologize for my absence, nobody else I wanted to run today. I only have the next 2 races, and no margin of error

When the server replay is uploaded, you can send Incident Review Requests. If you feel wronged by another driver you can report him this way and we'll handle accordingly.
Drivers -> Incident review request -> SRCA

Server replay will most likely be uploaded tomorrow morning.

Congrats @Daniel Schmitt :) Unstoppable! :D

Race start was a mess, I mean the actual start in addition to the formation lap start. Read the rules when you sign up, people!

I think I lost a position in the mess and as we were reminded not to overtake by @Enzo Fazzi , I thought I'd let it go. Not worth the hassle :D

I'll probably write an actual race report later once I've gone through the replay.

I had screen freezes and stutters all race and am really sorry if I ruined anyone's race, I know at one point I screen-freezed into someone else.

Thanks for the race though

Little débrief: "Catastrophic race" for me, I was caught in the first accident .. (not of my fault: 260s rep :cautious:) 10s penality (cut) entered too fast stand ....Drive through :whistle: :whitles: :whistling: ... a big accident all alone (my bad..: 460s rep :Cry: :crying:... without incidence for the others racer! thank you!) sorry for the code 80 ...:sick:

In spite of that I had fun well, thanks for all :D

Thanks @Tero Dahlberg

It was a Hard Race with the changing conditions. But it made so much fun! Thanks for the (for me) clean Race. I had no accidents or any trouble with other drivers. It was all clean and fair what ive Seen. :) sorry for the Little mess at the Start... didnt remembered that i Need to put the pit Limiter on in the Formation lap.

Thanks a lot for the Race :)

Unfortunately I had a lag spike that took me out at the start and apologies to those that were affected by it behind me. First time it ever happened to me in an online race but apart from that I had trouble free sessions up to the race and look forward to Road Atlanta.

Server replay is up btw - We will review IRR's sent in before tuesday, 20:00 CEST.