What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

R1 - Interlagos

Matej Lakota

Reaction score
Race Length: 90 Minutes
Simulated Race Time: 14:00 - 15:30

Race schedule:
19:00 - Server reboot
19:05 - Open practice
19:55 - All cars must be on the server, all racers connected to TeamSpeak (everyone alone in his own channel) - and stay there
20:35 – 20:50 - Qualifying
20:50 – 20:55 - 5 min break/warmup
20:57 - Start of formation lap - formation lap under pit limiter
21:00 - Green flag announced by race director

Real name mandatory, otherwise you will get black flag in open practice before the race.
Driver has to change nickname after 1st warning when admins notice he is not using real name, otherwise he will be excluded from SRCA league before the first race.

Server: The latest build
Flag rules: Black only

Review the rules before joining the server for the race.
Orange Zone: In effect through first full lap

Last edited by a moderator:
[Parsehtml]
<iframe id="forecast_embed" type="text/html" frameborder="0" height="245"
width="100%"
src="http://forecast.io/embed/#lat=-23.701185&lon=-46.697954&name=Interlagos&color=#FF0000&font=Georgia&units=uk"></iframe>[/Parsehtml]

interlagos.png

Stewards review

Orange Zone:
48 - A. Terzic overtakes T. Dahlberg during the formation lap and doesn't give back the position - 60 second stop and hold
48 - O. Emumwen overtakes several cars during the formation lap but gives back the positions - 30 second stop and hold
323 - J.P. Armengol has spun and was stationary on the track to let cars by, then suddenly starts driving again and makes contact with G. Zupan as a result - 60 second stop and hold
Please keep standing still and be predictable until the track is safe to rejoin. We penalize hard for this.

Pit entry and exit blend line violations

337 - S. Stako - Drive through
352 - M. Wheeler - Drive through
425 - O. Emumwen - Drive through
754 - M. Hruschka - Drive through
830 - B. Lindsay-Rae - Drive through
937 - C. Reina - Drive through
1620 - L. Sparks - Drive through
1777 - S. Williams - Drive through
2133 - S. Makkonen - Drive through
2238 - D. Brambilla - Drive through
2630 - O. Emumwen - Drive through
2837 - M. Hruschka - Drive through
2901 - R. Wall - Drive through
2953 - S. Stako - Drive through
3152 - M. Jacobs - Drive through
3160 - D. Brambilla - Drive through
4371 - D. Brambilla - Drive through
4427 - S. Strako - Drive through
4513 - M. Fritz - Drive through
4913 - J. Meijer - Drive through
4934 - M. Hruschka - Drive through

Reported incidents:
None.

Final penalty summary

A. Terzic - 60 second stop and hold
O. Emumwen - 60 second stop and hold + Drive through
J.P. Armengol - 60 second stop and hold
S. Stako - 60 second stop and hold
M. Wheeler - Drive through
M. Hruschka - 60 second stop and hold
B. Lindsey-Rae - Drive through
C. Reina - Drive through
L. Sparks - Drive through
S. WIlliams - Drive through
S. Makkonen - Drive through
D. Brambilla - 60 second stop and hold
R. Wall - Drive through
M. Fritz - Drive through
J. Meijer - Drive through
M. Jacobs - Drive through

For new drivers, penalties will be applied to you by the game, roughly 10 minutes in to the next race session.

We only looked at the reported incidents (IRR's), please submit an IRR if you want to have an incident reviewed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot to ask (could be here somewhere),

Setup is fixed?

Btw, São Paulo's weather right now? Nothing more out the ordinary, would usually call that Casual Tuesday.

Not GMT, Danish timezone. Which I think means it's CET...? Not sure. Danish time is a safe bet :D

CEST to be super correct
refer to the clock on the main page to know the difference between your time and CEST

I have no idea how to drive this thing !

Are my lines roughly correct for this car?
If so, I guess its setup related.
All tips for stable, rather than fastest gratefully received ;)

You can probably attack the kerbs more in Senna S (T1 & T2). Line seems fine. Maybe a bit safe in places and so you could go wider on entry and exit in those parts.

You didn't want tips for speed, but it seemed like a bit of a Sunday drive. Don't mean to offend, sorry! :D What I mean is there is no wheelspin or countersteering and it just sounds and looks too well-behaved :D Remember; you can, and probably should, use ABS and a bit of TC since they are allowed. And will be an advantage in terms of tyre life and just make life a bit easier :)

Last edited:
I have no idea how to drive this thing !

Are my lines roughly correct for this car?
If so, I guess its setup related.
All tips for stable, rather than fastest gratefully received ;)
Didn't get to watch your video but what kind of lap times were you pulling?

The Camaro GT3 is so difficult to drive. The car is very unstable, also with a setup. But it felt so slowly, I drive a 1:33.204. I really dont know what can i do to make the car not so unstable. All what i know is on this car wrong. Its so hard.

I'm not fast but I think the camaro is really nice and formative, good feeling under/oversteering and drift.
A delicate driving is necessary!

I agree, the Camaro is not easy to drive but if you want to drive a GT in VEC you'll end up with the same problems when you try to drive at the limit.
There are some things you can do to make it more stable and in general a bit easier to drive. I made a setup for Salzburgring some seasons ago, just for the fun of it and here it is.
You can at least have a look at it. It has quite low wing and you can probably be quicker with higher wing but maybe you want to have an easier time overtaking others (ask Tero :p).

When it came to high speed balance the setup is a bit more conservative so probably quite nice to drive.

If you really have no idea how to setup a car you should even be able to drive the seutp anywhere. At least the car gets more predictable then.

@Matt Jacobs It looks like you are very afraid of the car. You never really go to the limit. Especially at the exit of turns 2, 7 and 13 there is so much room at the outside you could use.
And in the braking of turn 11 it looks like you lift before you even start braking.
Try my setup, maybe it makes you trust into the car more and then you can start using all the track available

Attachments

• Camaro Salzburgring.svm
    4.2 KB · Views: 31
It has quite low wing and you can probably be quicker with higher wing but maybe you want to have an easier time overtaking others (ask Tero :p).
I love a big wing! :D

But the thinking behind that is a bit nicer setup for the tyre. Which doesn't quite come into play as well because you should change tyres at the stop. It worked quite nicely with the previous SRCA car, 370z where changing tyres just cost too much time.

And I guess I just dislike driving so "aero loose" setups. And yes, it makes overtaking harder.

I might share a setup a bit closer to the race but for now you just have rely on your own setup development skills and/or share setups amongst yourselves, which is welcomed but I've never seen it done here. In the forum at least. Probably not something you want to do in other leagues over here though if you want to maintain some competitive edge :p