What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

Fast lap tracker

Hany Alsabti

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
I'm curious about why some laps disappear from the list.

Did a 1.16.179 but its gone from the list and only showing my 2nd fastest lap. :)

Did you do that lap before the release of the current build of our mod? if yes, thats why..
If no, i have no clue as its a 3rd party plugin and i have no control over the actual files there.

I did it after the release of the latest update. It was showing in the list but 1 hour later it was gone.

I have seen the same thing happening with another driver. Laptime dissapears after an hour.

OK, i wouldnt know why - as it (as explained) a 3rd party plugin which i have no access to - beside the xml´s. Im not gonna do a lot of work on trying to figure out whats wrong - as we wont use it for much longer.

:) Live racers is a brilliant idea, just doesn't have the best execution. :) I take it we'll use Marcels plugin for races?
No - to be able to use PreQ etc, we will use Geralds - which we are working hard on getting ready. Its all about options etc.
We need to get the best performance and want to use something that we can set up and use. This is working like we want to and we can intergrate older versions we have had of FLT.

Last edited:
At least you can view the times, all i get in a white screen. :p I've always had this issue and liveracers themselves don't even know the issue as theres only about 4 or us that have reported this issue.

I have had the problems, do a 1.11.2 and don't take it...but it's not a matter... it happens several times, and i notice that it do when i quit the server just several seconds after do this best laps

Geralds will offer another feature suited for endurance and "pitcrews" :)

Any progress on getting Gerald's Fast-Lap-Tracker running?

No news since end of september and I wonder by when we will have a fast lap tracker again. Hopefully there will not be another race without any opportunity to watch / compare lap times between your team mates and the rest of the cars running.

Any progress on getting Gerald's Fast-Lap-Tracker running?
No news since end of september and I wonder by when we will have a fast lap tracker again. Hopefully there will not be another race without any opportunity to watch / compare lap times between your team mates and the rest of the cars running.
Right now, its either put plugins back in and maybe it´ll crash - maybe not.
We probably need a 40ish drivers for a testrun with 798 and the plugins enabled again, however I wouldnt expect it. I would rather run without it and see as smooth race as last race.

Is there any value in enabling it during run up to the race when server load tends to be lighter and disabling for the qualifying and race?

Yes, but it will require that i copy paste it in and out of the install, and a total reboot is necessary.
You wont get any faster by looking at other laptimes though :)

Please - I will review if there is anything we can do, however other things such as review of the last race is on the agenda right now.

I REALLY hope that some kinda timing will get a shot again, yes everything went smooth during the race, but it was very hard to get an idea about how your cars pace was and to assist from the "pits" - enabling the driver to focus on driving. Missed that "endurance feeling" we've had previous seasons, miss rfmonitor :(

I aknowledge that it would be great to have, and im aware that most people want this - however i still need to focus on the server to be stable.
Remember i´ve been a driver in a team as well, though its been far too long, i know what its like not to recieve updates and have too look for times etc myself.
Once reviews are done, I will look for next things - we have plenty to do, plenty to add etc. FLT is in the high end of the priority scale - so dont worry. We will get it nailed at some point, but for now - enjoy the stable race server :D

Great. New Fast Lap tracker is online.

Just one question - do we need to register and create a user account to use full functionality l?