What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S9 - Race 3 - Silverstone

Matej Lakota

Reaction score
Race Length: 90 Minutes
Simulated Race Time: 21:00 - 22:30

Race schedule:
19:00 - Server reboot
19:05 - Open practice
19:55 - All cars must be on the server, all racers connected to TeamSpeak (everyone alone in his own channel) - and stay there
20:35 – 20:50 - Qualifying
20:50 – 20:55 - 5 min break/warmup
20:57 - Start of formation lap - formation lap under pit limiter
21:00 - Green flag announced by race director

Real name mandatory, otherwise you will get black flag in open practice before the race.
Driver has to change nickname after 1st warning when admins notice he is not using real name, otherwise he will be excluded from SRCA league before the first race.

Server: The latest build
Flag rules: Black only

Review the rules before joining the server for the race.
Orange Zone: In effect through first full lap

Last edited by a moderator:
No penalties apply but we would like to inform you about anything you've done wrong, so you can learn.

Stewards review

Orange Zone:
335 - G. De Angelis outbrakes himself and runs into S. Schmidtlein - 30 second stop and hold
350 - G. Velarde rejoins the track and nearly hits several cars while being out of control - 30 second stop and hold
353 - O. Emumwen doesn't clearly go for the inside line and hits M. Frits by braking later - Racing incident

Pit entry and exit blend line violations

866 - Oscar Alvarez - Drive through
1021 - Oscar Alvarez - Drive through
1054 - Lorenzo Bonder - Drive through
1497 - Fernando Cerrato - Drive through
2881 - Frank Godrecki - Drive through
3163 - Oscar Alvarez - Drive through

Reported incidents:
866- This is a result of cutting the pit exit line and the reason we penalize cutting it.
O. Alvarez cuts the pit exit line and then drives into to S. Makkonen - 30 second stop and hold

3583 - M. Jacobs and M. Wheeler go off track and both rejoin unsafely, M. Wheeler hits and spins C. Pritchard by doing so.
M. Jacobs - Drive through
M. Wheeler - 30 second stop and hold

3823 - B. Lindsay-Rae and R. v/d Merwe make contact and B. Lindsay-Rae spins, C. Reina can't avoid B. Lindsay-Rae and makes contact. - Racing incident, both drivers could've left more room in the chichane.

4273 - G. De Angelis tries to overtake O. Alvarez on the outside of the final corner, and goes off track. While in full control he rejoins the track.
This was a tricky incident, the stewards all thought O. Alvarez should have left more room but G. De Angelis should've realised there was no room and should've backed off.
O. Alvarez - Warning
G. De Angelis - Drive through

For new drivers, penalties will be applied to you by the game, roughly 10 minutes in to the next race session.

We only looked at the reported incidents (IRR's), please submit an IRR if you want to have an incident reviewed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fortuna is not my best friend. My pedals acting up again and I have to send them back to Thrustmaster. Hopefully, they are back in time for the next season... I really want to join my mate @Jan Studenski in the higher series. I wish everybody a good race at Silverstone! :)

rip.PNG

Manuel, you can set pedals pressure also in game settings, so throttle press will be 100%.

Haha :D Great in theory, but in practice you lose a crap ton of time not being able to accelerate out of corners any where close to what you can with 100% throttle :)

Unfortunatly i can't make it again. I'll be sure to think twice before signing up again. Sorry for taking up a spot.

Haha :D Great in theory, but in practice you lose a crap ton of time not being able to accelerate out of corners any where close to what you can with 100% throttle :)

I think it would be more dangerous than anything else :/

This time I tried to race in VR. First time in rf2; was quite interesting, but I think I need to fiddle a bit more with settings, cause i got a lot of reprojection kicking in.
I expected quite spectacular night race, but for some reason time was not advancing, which is a shame, racing in night in VR is so amazing.
Anyway, it was quite a good fun, looking forward to meet you in guys in VEC/VLMS!

So, that concludes my first effort in the SRCA.
Tonight's race didn't start so well. Qualifying was as slow as ever, starting at pos 19 on the grid.
I received my penalty, and got a little confused! I assumed it was a drive through, but my pit marker was flashing, so I thought, err, ok must be a stop and go. So I stopped, for 22 sec, while my tyres were changed.
Out I headed, and the penalty was still there......

Back in the next lap to serve the drive through, and I could now start the race!
Much like Road Atlantic, the first half was error prone and a little eratic, but again after my pitstop, things settled and no dramas from there till the end.

I have learned 3 things:

1. I am a bit slow !
2. I'm relatively safe, having not crashed.
3. I like endurance racing way more than I thought I would.

Thanks to all the team at SRC for their efforts running a super league.
I'll post my POV of the race shortly.