What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S9 - Race 3 - Silverstone

Tonight's race didn't start so well. Qualifying was as slow as ever, starting at pos 19 on the grid.
I received my penalty, and got a little confused! I assumed it was a drive through, but my pit marker was flashing, so I thought, err, ok must be a stop and go. So I stopped, for 22 sec, while my tyres were changed.
You actually cannot do any pit stop activities when you have drive through, otherwise it wont count. Just drive through pits and thats all

So, that concludes my first effort in the SRCA.
Tonight's race didn't start so well. Qualifying was as slow as ever, starting at pos 19 on the grid.
I received my penalty, and got a little confused! I assumed it was a drive through, but my pit marker was flashing, so I thought, err, ok must be a stop and go. So I stopped, for 22 sec, while my tyres were changed.
Out I headed, and the penalty was still there......

Back in the next lap to serve the drive through, and I could now start the race!
Much like Road Atlantic, the first half was error prone and a little eratic, but again after my pitstop, things settled and no dramas from there till the end.

I have learned 3 things:

1. I am a bit slow !
2. I'm relatively safe, having not crashed.
3. I like endurance racing way more than I thought I would.

Thanks to all the team at SRC for their efforts running a super league.
I'll post my POV of the race shortly.
Apologies for that, I thought Matthew Wheeler was Matt Wheeler, so I typed Matt Wheeler, the game recognized that there was no Matt Wheeler and figured your name was closest and gave you the stop and go. I then removed both penalties and reapplied the one you were supposed to do, not knowing you had gone in already. Sorry!

Struggled a bit on the setup side, with only an hour of practice beforehand. Not happy with quali result, but I made up a lot of positions after the start, up to P7... Then I received an unexpected Stop & Go from previous race, anyway kept my pace up, and even though on last few laps I had to coast a lot to preserve fuel, according to data from simresults.net I was one of the most consistent guys out there. Only thing that I lack is understanding of setup and tyres, as just before the race I dropped them to almost lowest pressure... And my temperatures went down :D

Well, that makes it 2 out of 3 races where I've had a car lag into mine. At least this time I got away without any damage.

Aside from that, I thought I did pretty decently during the Season.

This was my best race in SRCA so far. Maybe not pace-wise.. but from making mistakes point-of-view, I was at my best :) A few minor ones, when I tried to push for a bit faster laps. Yesterday I realized I need to relax more, going into the race. If I put my (big :D) expectations aside, I really start to enjoy and everything is ok. But as soon as I start to "think", my focus is in the wrong place and the I get greedy. At that point mistakes start to kick in and things start to fall apart.
Big thank yous to @Alen Terzic for providing me with perfect setup for this season :thumbsup: (y) and of course everyone here at SRC for organizing academy events for us to be able to learn better racing. Also to competitors in season 9, thanks for fair racing and see you in S10 :)

I'd consider streaming the race, but it would be from my point of view so not all that useful for anyone else

Out I headed, and the penalty was still there......

Back in the next lap to serve the drive through, and I could now start the race!
If you have a stop and go you have to select it in the pit menu first. If you can't find it in the pit menu its a drive through.
But that doesn't change the fact that we made the mistake, here

My POV of the Race.

Looking forward to more races.

Just looking at your video when I realized you were in the other car I was lapping when I got punted (Occurs at 59:19 in the video). You gave me plenty of space and you were very predictable in your movements. However, the other car really should have backed off a bit, especially as he had just rejoined the track after coming off and was not on the racing line. He must not have been aware I was there as he seemed to be turning towards me at the point of impact.

It was probably a little ambitious going directly in between two cars battling who had just rejoined the track but there was space. Don't want to report this or point any fingers, but just highlighting an example of when backmarkers could be slightly more cautious and observant.

Just looking at your video when I realized you were in the other car I was lapping when I got punted (Occurs at 59:19 in the video). You gave me plenty of space and you were very predictable in your movements. However, the other car really should have backed off a bit, especially as he had just rejoined the track after coming off and was not on the racing line. He must not have been aware I was there as he seemed to be turning towards me at the point of impact.

It was probably a little ambitious going directly in between two cars battling who had just rejoined the track but there was space. Don't want to report this or point any fingers, but just highlighting an example of when backmarkers could be slightly more cautious and observant.

Well, I was in the other car in that incident and here's my view point.

Yeah, I did make a mistake coming into that section of the circuit which caused me to straight-line part of it. And as I rejoined I stayed as far to the left as possible whilst still being on the circuit. You came across and tried to force me off the circuit and I'm not good enough to make my car disappear. That and the combination of the road going slightly right there is why there may have been some minor steering input to the right in my car. Also, I had a look at the replay and there was a lot more room to the right of your car (between you and Jacobs) so you didn't have to come all the way to the left.

Well, I was in the other car in that incident and here's my view point.

Yeah, I did make a mistake coming into that section of the circuit which caused me to straight-line part of it. And as I rejoined I stayed as far to the left as possible whilst still being on the circuit. You came across and tried to force me off the circuit and I'm not good enough to make my car disappear. That and the combination of the road going slightly right there is why there may have been some minor steering input to the right in my car. Also, I had a look at the replay and there was a lot more room to the right of your car (between you and Jacobs) so you didn't have to come all the way to the left.

Okay dude I see your point, I see that you stayed to the left and I thank you for that. However what you describe as coming across was simply me taking the corner, that was the tightest line I could make and as much space as I could give you. I felt that a significant turn to the right just before a high-speed left-hander would have resulted in me understeering into Jacobs. A car being lapped really should have let off the throttle and slot in behind me, rather than drive into a wedge that was rapidly closing, as well as driving into someone who is already on the racing line.

It was hardly like I was asking you to disappear, our cars had about a 2 foot overlap and getting off the throttle just for a fraction of a second would have created that gap, in a situation where cars being lapped should back off and allow the lead lap cars through.

It would be interesting to hear anybody else's analysis on this.
Honestly though, no hard feelings and I hope there was no damage to your car.

I remember the incident well!

I was aware of you gaining for a while and was thinking after maggots/Becketts we'd hit the straight and I'd move over.
Then @Matthew Wheeler messed up the entry and I had to change lines which slowed me up considerably.
A glance in the mirrors and I saw you go for the move so I kept as far to the right as possible.
I noticed Matthew had left the track at this point so was thinking ok, should be all good.
Then he rejoined the track just as we all arrived at the entry on the last corner before Hangar? Straight and still keeping as far right as I could I saw the collision.
From my point of view, having left the track, Matthew should have been aware that a faster car under blue flag was passing.
That said, and I've done this so many times, the best thing to have done seeing the battle we were having would have been to get a decent run onto the straight, where we both would have moved over and allowed a safe pass.
Hindsight aye !

For what it's worth, I would file an incident. Not because I want either myself or Mathew to get a penalty etc, but the academy is a learning process and these things when looked at by independent people, can help us all to learn from mistakes and improve both our individual drives and the quality of the race for others .

Which is why we will post "penalties" for this round.
Of course the penalties won't do anything because it's after the season but this way everyone can see what he or she did wrong in the last race and improve on it.
That's especially for people who don't get license 4 this season. So make sure to check that out later this week.

Because as Matt said SRCA is about learning the dos and don'ts of racing.

And of course there will be the license announcment later this week ;)