What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S18 - Race 3 - NOLA GP

Some real life stuff has come in the way for me so I can't make this time. I'm sorry guys, see you in the last race. :/

Unable to race tomorrow. So i will quit the two last races and hopefully be totally ready for S19. I hope another driver can use my spot. Have fun guys!

For some unknow reason MY sistem crashed while i had already joined the server, and now it wont boot again, i hope i can get this sorted before the race.
But anyway im not to positve I will be able to join the race. sorry for the late warning, but I have no idea what happened

So that was my Race... Im very angry. I couldnt drive with 5-10 fps on some parts of the track. Its the first time I got frame-drops in rF2. Sorry to everyone who I may have confused.

First: I really need to create a "to do list"/checklist...
Wheel was not turned on. First reconnect.
Wrong HUD was loaded?. Second disconnect.
Changed the HUD in singleplayer. Third closing of the game.
No FFB at all. Fourth reconnect.
First signs of the performance problems from Indy, as the Oculus/SteamVR doesn't like multiple game starts? Complete PC restart.

Finally everything up and running.

But that all does not help, if the game just freezes. Well, it seams that the sound keeps playing normal. But the screen is frozen.

After reading in some VLMS/VEC threads I enabled trace=2.
I see a lot
GetDeviceState() returned error 0x8007000c
after
Failed to reacquire controller device with error 0x80040209

Could that end in ... as I am writing these linies ... one thing came into my mind... "Event viewer"

"Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered."
Not this **** error again...

The first race in Silverstone was such a great event. No technical problems at all. But since then...
This is so much frustrating. :/

Attachments

• trace_2018_04_14_20_42_26-90.txt
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
About 10 min before the end 7 cars in a row ran wide in the turn after the backstraight.
Can someone tell me what happened there? I'm just curiuous, it looked so odd to see that happen to 7 cars in a row :D

Apologies for hitting you on the rear @Jared Meade.

I was caught by surprise with you and the guy that you were battling with, were slower than I expected coming out of turn 1, the splash made it worse, so I broke as much as could to avoid damage.

Other than that,

Not satisfied with some things, but good race overall.

Last edited:
Disaster race...
I want to apologize for not having reached the classification, there was a lot of traffic on the road and I could not get there before.

I tried to let myself bend as best as possible (always looking for safe areas) and I also tried to overtake the 370z as best as possible, although I had the occasional touch. Sorry guys

I played myself so bad...
Apologies to the admins for the flagrant disregard of Code 80 speed. I was was busy wondering how I overfilled my car when exiting the pits and of course am programmed to hit the limiter off upon exit. I realized between turn 2 and 3 what I was doing. I pulled over for a while to give the time back, but that is not what is important during C80. Then someone took out the 500m board on the back straight and caught a few of us off guard. Sorry @Dan Long , Couldn't steer away from you on that slippery grass. The rest was a fairly good race, just keeping things in order and being good in the wet. See you at Malaysia, this time with less C80 speeding :D

I played myself so bad...
Apologies to the admins for the flagrant disregard of Code 80 speed. I was was busy wondering how I overfilled my car when exiting the pits and of course am programmed to hit the limiter off upon exit. I realized between turn 2 and 3 what I was doing. I pulled over for a while to give the time back, but that is not what is important during C80. Then someone took out the 500m board on the back straight and caught a few of us off guard. Sorry @Dan Long , Couldn't steer away from you on that slippery grass. The rest was a fairly good race, just keeping things in order and being good in the wet. See you at Malaysia, this time with less C80 speeding :D

It's all good :) I apologise if it destroyed your front bumper, it was a bit of a mess! Was a really nice battle, but my wheel decided to disconnect which was really odd! Great driving up front guys, the wet was interesting!!

@Florian Koetz Someone took out a bunch of brake marker boards at the end of the backstretch ... i just followed a GT1 off ("ok, brake between the 1st and 2nd marker ... wait, what, how am I in the run-off?"). Not to mention that someone finally took out the one brake board at turn 1 in the final laps. Thanks to whoever took out all the boards BUT the important one ... to the person who then took out the 500 board, wow, what a mess

@Lorenzo Fiore Bonder no worries. yes: it severely screwed my race, really hurt the tires and spoiled a great battle I was having. But we were also both being very careful through turn 1, it was a bit of "you go ahead", "but I was letting you go", "oh, this has gotten weird...BANG". I severely messed up in qualifying in round 2 and crashed someone on a hot lap, I cant get too mad at someone making at mistake that hurts me.

final word: my little video card was not designed for this type of race. racing on ruined tires in pouring rain at 10 FPS ... i really need to make that upgrade