What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S18 - Race 3 - NOLA GP

Matej Lakota

Reaction score
Race Length: 90 Minutes
Simulated Race Time: 14:00 - 15:30

Race schedule:
19:05 - Open practice
19:55 - All cars must be on the server, all racers connected to TeamSpeak (everyone alone in his own channel) - and stay there
20:34 - Whisper test
20:35 - 20:50 - Qualifying
20:50 - 20:55 - 5 min break/warmup
20:56 - Final whisper test (optional)
20:57 - Start of formation lap (on pitlimiter - single file, no overlap)
21:00 - Green flag at the red line marked on the track map bellow

Real name mandatory, otherwise you will get black flag in open practice before the race.
Driver has to change nickname after 1st warning when admins notice he is not using real name, otherwise he will be excluded from SRCA league before the first race.

Server:
Flag rules:
Black only

Review the rules before joining the server for the race.
Orange Zone:
In effect through first full race lap

nola.png

IMPORTANT!

It needs a special post because it is really IMPORTANT!

You have 14 days to practice how to enter pits and learn the way to do it without crossing pit enter line. Do not lose chances for L4 only because you think that you know how to do it.

Stewards review

Orange Zone:
-

Pit entry and exit blend line violations
IN
2003 - Mike Davies
2187 - Jesus Sanchez
2379 - Mike Davies
3661 - Brandon Dollar
3770 - Mike Davies
4431 - Danny Kiiro
4930 - Brandon Dollar

Out
-

Reported incidents/observed by race control:
4155 - Antonio Navarro lapping several cars including another GTR. Although it's aggressive it's not against the rules. No further action.
Q - Gustavo da Silva using chat - Drive Through

Penalties for code 80-violations
-

Penalties taken over from Indianapolis
Kenneth Jensen - 30 sec stop and hold
Levente Magyar - Drive Through
Sebastien Papadimopoulos - 30 sec stop and hold
Magnus Berggreen - 30 sec stop and hold

Final summary of penalties
Kenneth Jensen - 30 sec stop and hold
Levente Magyar - Drive Through
Sebastien Papadimopoulos - 30 sec stop and hold
Magnus Berggreen - 30 sec stop and hold
Mike Davies - 60 sec stop and hold
Jesus Sanchez - Drive Through
Brandon Dollar - 30 sec stop and hold
Danny Kiiro - Drive Through
Gustavo da Silva - Drive Through

Last edited by a moderator:
I notice while learning the racing line a few times the driver will use what I would call the run off area on this circuit (exit of turn 6 and 7) - are these allowed in SRCA or are we to stick within the white lines?

Appreciate this is IndyCar but I assume you'd take a similar line in GT racing.

If you will drive over allowed limits, game itself will penalise you as usually happen also with the other tracks.

Hello, I will not take the start of the next round of the SRCA Season 18 race 3 that the circuit of Nolan, It is with great regret because unfortunately I work this weekend, I will be present for the last and fourth round at Sepang the week after.Thanks for your understanding and your work in organizing this type of event that I enjoyed participating in the Indianapolis Round 2.

This track. The trick is knowing where the pit entry line is. In the game it's VERY HARD to notice with the normal dx11 lightning.

So the week over of practice is always welcome.

The best way to get in the pits in Nola without violating that tricky white line is just hug the outside of the track from T12 until the pit entry like your life depends on it!!!!! By hugging that outside line, there is no way you violate the pit entry white line.

I am so sorry but because of my work timetable I can not attend the academy. Thanks.
I hope to be able to re-register and run with you in a short time if you allow me

Hello,

Due to my work schedule, I wont be able to participate in this race (again), therefor because it will be my 2nd missed race, I wont take part in the last race.

Hopefully in the next season I'll be able to join and finish with no missed races.

Thank you for the oportunity.

Hello,

I'm sorry for the late announcement but me and Levente Magyar won't be able to participate in this race.
For me this case is caused by some unexpected issues in my private life so I cannot come to the the last race either.

I apologize for that and I hope I can join the academy in the near future again!

You can see SR.C calendar, including SRCA races here: Calendar | Home of The Virtual Endurance Championship and The Virtual Le Mans Series
You can look at schedule here: Sign up - Season 18 (Americas)
24.3. - Silverstone
31.3. - Indanapolis 2007
7.4. Pause - VEC races
14.4. - Nola Indy GP
21.4. - Sepang

and in 3rd post of this thread you can see, if you read what you should read:

IMPORTANT!

It needs a special post because it is really IMPORTANT!

You have 14 days to practice how to enter pits and learn the way to do it without crossing pit enter line. Do not lose chances for L4 only because you think that you know how to do it.

I am deeply sorry if three times announcement of SRCA season 18 break because VEC race is not visible enough.

Florian

The comment was made in jest and do appreciate that there are methods of finding out the dates of races across the website - I usually check the season page for dates and, in my experience doing league admin work in an FPS game, some players don't read the fine details anyway so I'm half expecting poor pit lane entry discipline next Saturday from a small handful of drivers regardless of what it says in the OP. :giggle:

oh yeah, definitely
We have always warned about the pit entry in Nola but we usually end up with half the field crossing the pit entry line and with 2-4 drivers losing their chance for a license as a result.

But I accept that.

I just like to play with words and I saw what Matej wrote and the first thing that came to my mind was: "I'm not sorry" and I just felt like adding it :D
So my comment was also made in jest even though I mean what I said.
As long as no one is directly disrespecting us/other drivers in the forum you can pretty much say anything and we won't have a grudge against you so no worries :D

I just don't like using smileys because it's more fun for me if I don't :p