What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

Reaction score
Considering getting a new rig. I currently have a Playseat Evolution, which has terrible build quality, and feels off-centre (I've driven it with a g27 and a t500).

Was wondering what people here suggested. My components:
- T500 wheel
- g27 pedals (but may well be getting Fanatec csp v3s this month)
- g27 shifter
- 1 Asus mg279q

It's important that my head, the wheel, the monitor and my feet are all aligned properly, and that I have a decent range of adjustability to the distance between each. I also don't want a column in between my legs any more.

It would be nice if it were modular, so It can be stored a bit more compactly when not in use. Keyboard stand would also be nice.

I've had a look at the Raceroom, GTOmega, Obutto and Rseat rs1 rigs. The rs1 looks closest to what I'd like, but I've heard there's not that much adjustability between the wheel and pedal plates.

Suggestions welcome.

I have one, bought it because I only knew this one.
It is nice, also it has no metal between your feets, but the steering wheel really wiggles around without buying the extra holder.
It is really cheap, but in the end if you would buy all extras it would be really expensive, too expensive for what you get.
Also you really cannot mount anything too it. (Sequential Shifter, Triple Screen, Button Box)
But if you dont look to upgrade your stuff it would be okay but the extra monitor clamp feels really wrong from the monitor height (at least it looks like that on the pictures).
In the end I would go for something else.

I have one, bought it because I only knew this one.
It is nice, also it has no metal between your feets, but the steering wheel really wiggles around without buying the extra holder.
It is really cheap, but in the end if you would buy all extras it would be really expensive, too expensive for what you get.
Also you really cannot mount anything too it. (Sequential Shifter, Triple Screen, Button Box)
But if you dont look to upgrade your stuff it would be okay but the extra monitor clamp feels really wrong from the monitor height (at least it looks like that on the pictures).
In the end I would go for something else.

Ok thanks. Good to know. I've also been told about the Simetik K2 which looks good apart from that you have to buy a seat separately.

I have a rSeat Evo which is sadly discontinued now I think but maybe you can still get one from somewhere? I'm super happy with it, plenty of adjustability so suit anyone. So if you can find one, it's definitely recommended :)

I have a rSeat Evo which is sadly discontinued now I think but maybe you can still get one from somewhere? I'm super happy with it, plenty of adjustability so suit anyone. So if you can find one, it's definitely recommended :)

So that's how you go so fast.

We'll try to keep up to you in the #033 "Jävla Segertåget"

Last edited:
Obutto revolution here. Very solid and sturdy. Transfers every small vibration from the wheel. Comes with a keyboard and shifter holder and triple monitor stand completely isolated from the rig frame so the monitor (s) don't vibrate at all.
Almost everything is adjustable except seat height.
Ask away if you want to know anything else.

I've basically got the same rig Joe and although I've been pretty happy with it there is one thing I don't like. With the wheel mount there is a bit of play in it, i.e. about 1cm movement from side to side which is not optimum. The wheel really is best if it is absolutely rigid which this mount isn't. It does allow a nice amount of adjustment which I like and is pretty easy to do. So overall it's ok especially if you're on a budget.

I have a rig I made out of 40x40 aluminium I ordered it cut to size and assembled it myself it is really good because you can just bolt extra bits on if you want to.
osw1.jpg
40-x-40-machine-build-rail.jpg

Thank you all for the extremely detailed feedback. Much appreciated.

So now it's between the Simetik, the Motedis, the Obutto, GTOmega, the Rseat and Adammekgudrigz.co.uk

I will post here when I've ordered.

I got a Nixim Racecraft GT since 10 years back or so.
34i4uhl.jpg

Old image the only thing intact is the raceframe or peripherals is replaced. Steel frames not aluminium. Apart from the pedal tray I had to reinforce for my HE Sim Ultimates which killed the cobra daytona chair in the picture btw it´s absolutely litterary rock solid. Good cockpit if you are aiming for 30 nm servo motor setups.

I got a Nixim Racecraft GT since 10 years back or so.
34i4uhl.jpg

Old image the only thing intact is the raceframe or peripherals is replaced. Steel frames not aluminium. Apart from the pedal tray I had to reinforce for my HE Sim Ultimates which killed the cobra daytona chair in the picture btw it´s absolutely litterary rock solid. Good cockpit if you are aiming for 30 nm servo motor setups.
I like the trolley wheels for when you need to drive on the go.

Edmund...... I put my new rig (GT Omega Art) together last night. The instructions were really poor but that wasn't a problem. It is rock solid! There is no play at all on the wheel mount (unlike what Neal reported with his). I have a T500RS. The wheel mount and pedal plate is pre-drilled for all Thrustmaster, Fanatec and Logitech wheels/pedals. Adjustability is great and the seat itself is awesome (RS6). I bought the lockable castors, table top and shifter mount too. Didn't need the monitor mount, so can't comment on that, but by all accounts its very solid too.
I really like it and and happy I bought it. If you choose this model, you can't go too far wrong in my opinion.