What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

rF2 Build 770 is out

Please note that im reviewing the build and testing things BEFORE i update the server. Build .660 is still what the server has. Please keep an eye on Silverstone thread to be up-to-date.
If no issues is found we will ofcause update before the race.

We will probably update as the bug we reported (64 laps) after disco is fixed.
Please hold for a few days as I'm not home until Saturday.

ISI recommends to do a separate install of this build, because it changes file structures. I suppose that making a separate install for testing shouldn't hurt :)

Now there is build 798... And I can't find 770 anywhere anymore, so I guess I'm screwed? I'm sick of this update crap, I think the server should always be updated with the latest build. How can anyone who just joined the league get into the server if it is running an outdated build? They can't find old builds, so they can't join the server!

The server is updated to the latest build, I updated not a week after latest build.
There's not gone 3 days since the update came, I could go ahead and update without testing a few settings, but I won't;)
Always expect a few days up to a week for the update.
Also at the moment I'm on vacation, please give me a chance to update and again test.

Using any build lower than 700, then I suspect you should direct your anger somewhere else ;)

Updating server, just tested a few things on my own server - everything seems a-ok :)
Server will be offline for a short period.

My anger is at ISI, not you Jimmi. Having all these different updates out there makes it more confusing for members, and more difficult for admins because you have to keep tally of server updates. I guess this is to be expected though because rF2 is such an early product and isn't really well developed yet to the point where releases aren't coming out every month. The most frustrating thing about these updates is they often patch one thing and cause bugs in another area. This puts the burden on the race administrators to decide if they want to utilize the latest update, or remain at a previous build. Because of this, there are still a number of servers still running 770, so its not fair to say that running an obsolete version automatically becomes the fault of the user. As such, many of us have different installs of rF2 to account for the different builds as applicable for the leagues we participate in.