What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Race 1 - Montreal

Alright figured something out! As soon as someone joins or leaves the server my game crashes... Anything I can do to solve that?

@Manuel Duerr , be sure your plugins work with DX11 (if you are on DX11 version).

I am still on DX9 because they don't work with DX11. Later in the evening where nobody joined/left the server it was running smooth. I think this might be a server related issue. I have also no problems on other servers :/

I am still on DX9 because they don't work with DX11. Later in the evening where nobody joined/left the server it was running smooth. I think this might be a server related issue. I have also no problems on other servers :/
The server cant make your game crash, however its a known issue that the upgrade packages in the car will make the game "hang" for a second when someone is leaving. However i dont expect it to be the actual issue with your game, if you get a crash again i suggest to remove plugins. Why? because the plugins might mean the "hang-time" of the game will be extended to the point where windows just give up on the game.
Again it cant be the server that is crashing your game.

The server cant make your game crash, however its a known issue that the upgrade packages in the car will make the game "hang" for a second when someone is leaving. However i dont expect it to be the actual issue with your game, if you get a crash again i suggest to remove plugins. Why? because the plugins might mean the "hang-time" of the game will be extended to the point where windows just give up on the game.
Again it cant be the server that is crashing your game.

I am relatively new to rF2. I just had the conclusion that it might be something with the server because on SP and another MP server the game runs very smooth (with the 2 plugins I have installed).

It also run smooth when I was alone on the Academy server. Once someone joined (I think it was Luis Fernandez) the game crashed for me instantly. Before that I was running a couple laps without any issues.

If you are saying it is not a server issue I believe you that (I am quite a green horn at rF2) but at the same time it is weird that me and 2 others have exactly the same issue, only at the SRCA server.

I already made a clean install last night but that did not help at all. If someone has another idea it would be appreciated to help me out, otherwise I might have to drop out of the season because the game is not working for me.

try it after removing plugins (I think one plugin should be enough anyways) and turn the graphics down. Last season in VEC I and my teammates used medium to low graphics every time because the game can have issues with that.

It is known that there are problems with cars that have upgrades and the Camaro is such a car so if the other servers you are refering to have cars without any upgrades then the game doesn't crash there.

Thanks... I have ran into issues with my T300 wheel, where I dont have any FFB. But I will give this a shot without ffb...Where do I find the server password?

Probably 19:55 h. is too just for me, there is some problem if I am present before 20:30 h.?

Thanks

When I signed into the server last night for some practise I noticed my name displayed as only M Steyn, how do I change it to display my full name?

Due to work issues, I am not be able to race this Wednesday. I would like to say it before but I knew today.

Race Length:
90 Minutes
Simulated Race Time: 14:00 - 15:30

Race schedule:
19:00 - Server reboot
19:05 - Open practice
19:55 - All cars must be on the server, all racers connected to TeamSpeak (everyone alone in his own channel) - and stay there
20:35 – 20:50 - Qualifying
20:50 – 20:55 - 5 min break/warmup
20:57 - Start of formation lap - formation lap under pit limiter
21:00 - Green flag announced by race director

Just to confirm that all times are on CET right? (dont want to be 1 hour late.)