What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

P2 Painting

Since both P1 (Rebelion) and P2 (Oreca) share the same folder, to have the P2 work for testing you must simply have TWO 'alt' files, I think that the game simply priorities the P1 first and then "miss" it for the P2 unless there are two. As I recall it from last season...

Hi guys, i need some help here.

I´m new for painting! My body car its finish, but i don´t know how can i see my rear wing in rf2.

When i convert to dds file, in rf2 shows the colors on the body car.

I guess its a problem with the dds file name...

Depends on the car really.
It's simply a matter of trying different names.
Some cars calls on a file named extra1, some calls rwing, some wing etc
This is how the urd mod is build, but would have been nice if they were the same.

Then I guess it should be name_altextra1.dds ?

Doesn't work.
I've try too...

My Car its a GT Porsche.

Its to crazy! I can see the space on template, for rear wing. So, i've paint there...but, when i put in tunning, the rear wing stays Black like the original and my paint, went to the body Car.

I don't know what i have to do.

Doesn't work.
I've try too...

My Car its a GT Porsche.

Its to crazy! I can see the space on template, for rear wing. So, i've paint there...but, when i put in tunning, the rear wing stays Black like the original and my paint, went to the body Car.

I don't know what i have to do.
I suggest you contact URD if we cant explain it good enough, im sure they have some sheet on what it has to be named etc. Paiting is not rocket sience, trial and error will usually get you there.

Ok, Thanks.
If somebody knows, please, help me here!

Thanks again!

I know exactly what you mean, since I had the same problem with the Ferrari. So the COMPLETE (to my knowledge) guide to name the files is like this:

Body: name_alt.dds
Wing: name_altwing.dds
Banner: name_altban.dds
Windows: name_altwindow.dds
Driver overalls: name_altdriver.dds
Driver helmet: name_althelmet.dds

That's how it worked on the Ferrari and both are displayed. Let me know if you still have issues and I may look at your stuff...

I know exactly what you mean, since I had the same problem with the Ferrari. So the COMPLETE (to my knowledge) guide to name the files is like this:

Body: name_alt.dds
Wing: name_altwing.dds
Banner: name_altban.dds
Windows: name_altwindow.dds
Driver overalls: name_altdriver.dds
Driver helmet: name_althelmet.dds

That's how it worked on the Ferrari and both are displayed. Let me know if you still have issues and I may look at your stuff...

Hi George, thanks for your support!
When i get home, i´ll try that option. But, if i remember, i just tried this too!
I gonna put here, a picture from what i talk about! It´s very weird!