What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

P2 Painting

TJ Halsema

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm trying to finish a car for DR Motorsports' p2 car, but for some odd reason I cannot get the skin to process in the game. All I get is a blue car, even with the alt naming. Any ideas?

I created the directory on the #46, when I did the default "Alt" skin never showed up. Only a blank folder, which is not how I've experienced painting rf2 cars before. Then when I did place my skin with the correct p2_44alt.dds the game would not show the car. This would've be the 4th car that I've painted for the league so far but only the first P2.

Ok, did you flatten the image before saving? Is the dds created in the appropriate format. Usually when it doesn't work it is often a procedural or content problem. Suggest you review everything in detail.

TBH, I think there is a bug in rF2. I finished my skin a week ago and during the various stages of its production I was placing it in-game just to see what it looked like. All was well until a couple of days ago. Now, I can no longer select the skin in the tuning menu, despite the fact that the .dds file has not been moved and is still in the correct folder. I've tried deleting everything and starting again, but with no joy. It's very weird :(

Interesting Joe. I wonder what would have changed in the last couple of days that would impact P2 paints in P2 rf2? Are other class paints being impacted?

That's the thing....... I don't think anything has changed. Also i'm in a GT car, so the problem isn't just specific to P2.

Anything to do with the latest build affecting it? Joe does your car just show a GT car in a base colour and or something and not show your car skin?

I have had someone send me dds files that would not open in the spinner on occaision, however they seemed to be corrupted files or some other problem the sender was able to correct, but not sure what was causing the problem. The examples I have observed gave an error message.

Last edited:
Daryl was able to do some digging with a fellow from SimHQ to solve the issue. For some reason in order to check on your skin progress you'll need to attach the skin as an alt on the Rebellion P1 body. Both the 2015 and P2 do not display the skin properly.

This is what Doug Atkinson from Simhq managed to do with our P2 Oreca Nisaan skin to work…Maybe the same method everywhere else.

Jimmi released the initial server with Season 8 cars. The P2 Oreca template changed in URD for the new version. Here's what I did. A new update was just released that now shows S9 cars. I went into the P2 folder and found your car 44. I went into tuning, then created a new folder for the alt car. Then I saved your psd as a DXT5 .dds file and dropped it into the UserData > Player > Settings > VEC_P1_R-One folder. Now how the P2 Oreca works in a seemingly misnamed folder called "VEC_P1_R-One" is beyond me, but it works

Thanks Doug :D

Update...
Installed last night the latest mod released by Jimmi. Thought i'd try an "alt" skin and it worked as it should... Odd!!

This is what Doug Atkinson from Simhq managed to do with our P2 Oreca Nisaan skin to work…Maybe the same method everywhere else.

Jimmi released the initial server with Season 8 cars. The P2 Oreca template changed in URD for the new version. Here's what I did. A new update was just released that now shows S9 cars. I went into the P2 folder and found your car 44. I went into tuning, then created a new folder for the alt car. Then I saved your psd as a DXT5 .dds file and dropped it into the UserData > Player > Settings > VEC_P1_R-One folder. Now how the P2 Oreca works in a seemingly misnamed folder called "VEC_P1_R-One" is beyond me, but it works

Thanks Doug :D
The Oreca and the Rebellion is actually within the same folder (rfcmp) that could be it.

Update number 2....

"alt" skin works offline, but not even visible to select when I go online (i.e. race server)

Update number 2....

"alt" skin works offline, but not even visible to select when I go online (i.e. race server)
Because I don't allow it - no need to use alt skins in the server.
And oh, please don't test this - it actually contacts the server requesting to upload over and over again.