What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Introduction to SimRacing.Club Academy [Outdated]

Status
Not open for further replies.
In order to sign up you have to go to this page: SimRacing.Club | Home of The Virtual Endurance Championship and The Virtual Le Mans Series and click "series sign up" at the top

When you click on SRCA you will be directed to a small form that you will have to fill out if you do it when the sign ups are open.

The sign up was only open for 2min this time and as I said we know of that issue. Also the page slows down dramatically during the sign up which will also be adressed in the future.

Its amaizing how one guy could do 3 signups and others dosnt have the chance to do it....
One of my guys was waiting, watching the clock on the forum, and when he tryed to signup, was redirected to the signup thread with no chance to fill the form :(

Last edited:
In order to sign up you have to go to this page: SimRacing.Club | Home of The Virtual Endurance Championship and The Virtual Le Mans Series and click "series sign up" at the top

When you click on SRCA you will be directed to a small form that you will have to fill out if you do it when the sign ups are open.

The sign up was only open for 2min this time and as I said we know of that issue. Also the page slows down dramatically during the sign up which will also be adressed in the future.

Yeah that's exactly what I did.

I expect the same to happen to me again for the next sign-up and people who failed SRCA may get in again and others signing up for the first time will get in and i'll miss out.

It would make more sense if you could provisionally sign up for the next season now if you didn't get in the current season, or have some sort of priority queue based on length of time waiting(or other criteria) and maybe if you failed SRCA you aren't eligible for the next season unless there is space. I've got a drive in VEC but i'm left wondering just how long it's going to take me with this system. This is only the first time I've attempted to sign up but it doesn't bode well.

Last edited:
Entered as soon as the sign up started and got the message of "Not open for further replies" even though you had less than 10 registered drivers. Is there a problem with using the Chrome web browser? Are there any other details that you are forgetting to notify users who try to register for the first time?

Now before we get spammed with PMs:
We know that the current sign up procedure is less than ideal and we will try to come up with a solution.
We were not fully satisfied with the changes to the sign up we wanted to implement and therefor are stuck with the traditional procedure.

We are working on it.

Entered as soon as the sign up started and got the message of "Not open for further replies" even though you had less than 10 registered drivers. Is there a problem with using the Chrome web browser? Are there any other details that you are forgetting to notify users who try to register for the first time?

'Sign up via the frontpage > Series sign up > SRCA'

^from the top of the 2nd post in the Sign Up thread, click Home to go to the front page, you click Series sign up and then SRCA and at 20:00 CET it should've taken you to a form that you fill in and it posts to the sign up thread, it wouldn't even work for me though.

From now on we will do 1 sign up for 2 seasons. However we can go back to one sign up for each season at any point.
This is to allow more driver at once so the sign up is open longer and people have a better chance to get a spot.

We will also no longer allow people to sign up another driver. Firstly because this was abused and secondly because we always got people who got signed up twice. Once by someone else and later they did it themselves. This creates more unnecessary work for us.

Rules, schedule and information will be posted and updated within the next minutes

Last edited:
With relatively low interest and only 10 - 15 % American drivers in "Americas" seasons we didn t think about it. But we will talk about it in SRCA admin group before next Americas season.
I would like to add to this request one detail that may be of interest.

Usual timed American time zone racing events fall often very nicely into a convenient morning race time slot in Asian and Australien time zones.
I myself am living in a Asian time zone and the European timed SRC events fall for me smack in the middle of the night (between 0100AM to 0500AM) which is arguably the very worst timeslot for competitive sim racing (concentration levels, sleeping cycle, convenience, etc).

I know personally of at least 10 people I race regularly with who are living in the US, Asia and Australia who show interest in a competitive league with convenient time slots - a few of them, myself included started the procedures of obtaining the necessary license and “put a toe in the water” with SRC at the very inconvenient European timed events.

You may want to check other time zones as American based as described as well and you may end up with sufficiently filled events for those slots.
There is nothing better than a Saturday or Sunday morning sim racing event (Asia + Australia), respectively a Friday or Saturday evening time slot in the Americas - from experience the Friday evening (US) / Saturday morning (Asia + Australia) nets the largest userbase as seen in other online sim racing organizations.

From now on we will do 1 sign up for 2 seasons. However we can go back to one sign up for each season at any point.
This is to allow more driver at once so the sign up is open longer and people have a better chance to get a spot.

We will also no longer allow people to sign up another driver. Firstly because this was abused and secondly because we always got people who got signed up twice. Once by someone else and later they did it themselves. This creates more unnecessary work for us.

Rules, schedule and information will be posted and updated within the next minutes

This is very unfortunate although I fully understood your reasoning.
Maybe this is a factor that has not been taken into account:

I was one of the people who benefitted from the earlier policy to allow signups by third party.
The signup time and as seen from past signups extremely fast saturation of available spots (within 1-2 minutes of signup announcement) was simply almost impossible to manage for people living in differnt time zones like myself ( I would have had to get up for a 1or 2AM try at signing up within the working week with no guarantee to get a place).

Therefore 4 friends agreed to try to signup throughthird party taking great care in properly planning and executing the signup to prevent any double signups and also informing admins before hand.
Unfortunately all three had to drop out due to change in policy of having to attend 2 of 2 races instead of the former 2 of 3 races to achieve a license (all three due to serious reasons such as injury and serious personal matters preventing them from attending the first race at Indianapolis).

This new signup will make it much harder for people who plan to join and possibly plan to build race teams to attend if living in a non European time zone.

This new signup will make it much harder for people who plan to join and possibly plan to build race teams to attend if living in a non European time zone.
While i understand what you are saying - it does not change the fact that 1. there is a major workload on making sure everyone has the permissions they need/changing it from one driver to another and 2. Making sure teams do not take advantage of this procedure.
Again i understand what you are saying, but we cant please everyone we can only try our best - and to perform at our best we need to make sure some of the procedures are alligned.

I fully understand that Jimmi.

I am new here but it indeed looks like you guys have a lot of work on your plate and streamlining your workload surely is a very high priority to keep this project running smoothly.

What could help for other time zone users in the future without the excessive manual workload on checking each applicants validity might be to allow for two distinct signup time events placed 12 hours apart for the same 80 + 10 car rooster for the next two upcoming seasons.

40 + 5 applicants from signup 1 could be valid for signup and 40 + 5 from signup 2.
Empty slots are filled with excess applicants and so people of all time zones could have a fair chance for signup. Third party signups could still be disallowed to avoid the validation workload.

Just ideas ;-)

then we are back with the same issue of short sign ups.
We want to do the sign ups for 2 seasons at once so the sign ups are at least open for 5min isntead of 2.

The problem we had this season in particular was that drivers who got signed up by someone else signed up later again. After every sign up we end up figuring out how many double sign ups there are, how many people got signed up by someone else and how many people signed up themselves again eventhough they had been signed up by others earlier.

If people sign up themselves despite being signed up earlier that really just creates workload and makes signing up someone else completely unnecessary

Because this is an European league it will not become any less problematic for non-Europeans to sign up for the standard wednesday season.

We will consider changing the time for the saturday seasons but they will only be held a few times per year. Everything else is just not practical

Due to unforeseen technical difficulties we cannot open the sign up today.

The Sign up will be moved to Saturday, 22.9, same time

The sign up post will be updated immediately.

We are sorry for the inconvenience but we rather change the date last minute than make changes to the sign up procedure which would result in an unfair sign up process

Hi, I did the request for subscription yesterday and I think all went good. Now I'd try to download the package from workshop but the message is that the package is hidden and/or I haven't the rights to see it. Any advice?
Thank you very much
Francesco

P.S. i'm connected to steam both in the app and in the browser

Hi, I did the request for subscription yesterday and I think all went good. Now I'd try to download the package from workshop but the message is that the package is hidden and/or I haven't the rights to see it. Any advice?
Thank you very much
Francesco

P.S. i'm connected to steam both in the app and in the browser
Login, everyone is able to download it

Status
Not open for further replies.