What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

High end CPU for RF2

I see from one of your other posts you have had problems with screen freezes, Sergey Yashin suffered some and thought it may be related to dpc latency. May be worth checking to see if you have a problem there as well DPC Latency. Not sure what the answer is if it is as I haven't had the issue myself yet.

It isn't just in RF2 that I am having high CPU usage :( I also have high usage in Assetto Corsa.

It isn't just in RF2 that I am having high CPU usage :( I also have high usage in Assetto Corsa.
That's normal since Assetto Corsa is a highly threaded game. The biggest question is how is this all negatively impacting your overall experience? If you're hitting your frame rate target without stuttering while running all your normal apps I see zero issue if you happen to have high CPU usage.

The 6800k is an expensive high end CPU. Anything else is pretty much a side grade. Realistically wait for DX11 and see how that impacts your performance.

The thing is as Eric said bove, what do you mean with high cpu usage? Bad fps? Stuttering?

Did you look at the other thread about stuttering..(DPC Latency)
Have just driven a few laps, with the onscreen display from msi afterburner visible max on one core was about 55% with the rest a little lower also was monitoring in the background as well and have this

core load.png

max values may be from loading the map but still not 100% and this is with an i7 2600k (1155) with a little overclock.
I possibly have settings different to you in rf2 but would have thought your hardware should be more suited to running rf2 better.What load is on your system at idle?

I am getting 100%CPU usage :( not just in RF2.
You will always get 100% CPU usage if you dont limit your framerate ingame and let it render infite FPS. You already have a very powerful CPU as mentioned. ~150fps is all you need.
And make sure to check all your cpu throttling programs/utilities aswell, that they dont go on power saving modes or whatever.

You will always get 100% CPU usage if you dont limit your framerate ingame and let it render infite FPS. You already have a very powerful CPU as mentioned. ~150fps is all you need.
And make sure to check all your cpu throttling programs/utilities aswell, that they dont go on power saving modes or whatever.

But it shouldn't stutter through the unlimited FPS cap. At least it isn't for me.

I haven't limited the frame rate on mine and don't get near 100% cpu usage during driving . Did you install the motherboard drivers when you built it with the X99 and i7 6800K

I have my max fps set to 56. I have had my old i5 4460 CPU and MSI Z97-G55 SLI MotherBoard with 16GB Ram installed and had no issues yet and I have been using it since monday.