What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

Freezes and Stutter in rF2

Sergey Yashin

Reaction score
I enjoy the sim but for some odd reason I get freezes and stutter offline and online.
It happens randomly, sometimes once a lap or two for 0.2 seconds and sometimes it can be a whole second. Every freeze means I'm losing time on track, not because I'm distracted but because my car doesn't move during this time.

Other games run fine, I've checked CPU usage and GPU usage and temps as well, all fine.
What can lead to this behavior?

My system specs are, i7 920 @ 3.6Ghz (stable as a rock), 16 gig RAM, GTX 1070 stock clocks.
Running the game in windowed mode (borderless) cause fullscreen crashes if I alt+tab to destop.
Maximum settings and 60FPS locked.
Closing other apps before racing doesn't help either.

Are you using Trackmap Plugin??

Does the stutter happens since the beginning or does it appears after some time?

No, I'm only using Dash Meter Pro plugin.
It's there since the beginning, I've installed clean version of the game about 2 weeks ago.

it probably isn't what i experienced but its still worth saying in case it is or anyone else has this problem I personally was experiencing major slow down as well as stuttering at points after a little digging around the Internet and fourms i found that my CPU was pinned at 100% usage constantly causing these problem. At this point i was running a i5 2320 @ 3 GHz 8 GB RAM and a GTX 760 @ stock clocks i ended up upgrading because i was starting to notice that it was starting to cause more and more problems with every new game release i ended up upgrading my whole system to an i7 6700k @ 4.6 GHz 16GB of RAM and a GTX 1070 ( yes i did go overkill i know :) ) which solved the problem for me. As i said though it doubt this is the case but its still worth checking

No, I'm only using Dash Meter Pro plugin.
It's there since the beginning, I've installed clean version of the game about 2 weeks ago.
I had a problem once with Trackmap. After about a hour racing it started stuttering. It was a setting on trackmap, something like "Enable controllers" that I needed to disable it.

I had a problem once with Trackmap. After about a hour racing it started stuttering. It was a setting on trackmap, something like "Enable controllers" that I needed to disable it.
Didn't know about it. I am having some occasional stutters (much reduced after applying Marcel's tweak). Will post back the results after using your settings.

Yes, 64 bit. This is so annoying, every track is different amount of stutter. I'm testing at Road Atlanta and every 1-2 lap there's a stutter of 0.2-0.3 seconds...

Yes, 64 bit. This is so annoying, every track is different amount of stutter. I'm testing at Road Atlanta and every 1-2 lap there's a stutter of 0.2-0.3 seconds...
I would suggest you remove all plugins, are you running any antivirus app in the background?

I will try it, doubt it's the reason. I've always had this stutter ever since I bought the game.
If I'm not mistaken, rF1 was the same deal...

I've had it online today with one car.
Strangely, during the online race at Watkins I've had none...

OK, next try lowering the settings, again just to see what happens - could be that some tracks are not really that optimized ;)

Had an issue a couple of weeks ago after an update. Couldn't really get out of the pits because of the stuttering, frame rate was ok. Seems like it was a problem with the controller profile, any changes to the profile I've been using didn't help. But changing to a different profile eleminated the stuttering. I had to remake a new controller profile to get my buttons configured correctly

I think whats causing this stuttering in rF2 is high DPC latency. It always been my issue on this pc.
I have all the latest drivers and bios.
Anyone have any idea how to lower DPC Latency?
This is what I'm getting:
7tq63ccw2t287hk6g.jpg