What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S34 - Race 1 - Silverstone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I confirm that we will be for the race.I don't know if it was in this thread or it wasn't necessary to do it, thanks

Regarding the rules below, I have some questions.

1. During the race, when is a driver shown the blue flag - anytime that driver is being lapped by any other car or only by cars in their same class?

2. Is the rule to let a car by within 4 corners automatically applied by rFactor 2? The reason that I ask that question is because I've received warnings in the message center in past races that I need to allow the car past or risk a penalty and I've received a drive through penalty in the past for not observing the blue flag soon enough.

3. If the passing car is not very close behind and is not closing the gap quickly enough, it may prove difficult to help the passing driver complete a safe pass within 4 corners without slowing or leaving the predictable racing line. Do you have any suggestions?

4. How many corners is the Maggots, Beckets, Chapel complex considered?

---------------------------------------------
5.1.2 Cars being lapped must give up their position within 4 corners of receiving a blue flag, or risk receiving a penalty.

5.9 Drivers demonstrating unpredictable behaviour may be subject to penalty. Some common examples of unpredictability include:
5.9.1 A driver suddenly changing lanes ‘to get out of the way’ when lapping cars appear in their mirror or when the blue flag appears. Drivers must hold a predictable line and pace until the pass is initiated by the lapping car, then they must hold their current lane.
5.9.2 A driver braking early into a corner when (a) lapping car(s) appear(s) in their mirror or when the blue flag appears. Often the lapping car is planning on following and has nowhere to go when a driver brakes early or suddenly.
5.9.3 Not accelerating at a normal race pace out of a corner. When in an acceleration zone, lifting off the throttle is equal to applying the brakes but without the benefit of brake lights as a warning. The following car has nowhere to go.

6. Flag rules
6.1 Drivers that are being lapped must help the passing driver make a complete and safe pass within 4 corners maximum.
6.1.1 At certain tracks, a series of corners in short succession may be designated as one corner for the purposes of observing the blue flag; this will be at the Stewards’ discretion.

6.3 Drivers being lapped must maintain their current and predictable racing line. Any incidents that occur due to unexpectedly changing their line will be penalized.

Hi. For family reasons it is early in the morning I have had to move and I will not return home until tomorrow. I can't be in the race tonight. I feel the problems that I can cause, I understand that you already have everything organized and I would like to know if I can participate in the second race having options to obtain the license, or it is better to give my place to someone else for both races. Thank you. Greetings

Hi. For family reasons it is early in the morning I have had to move and I will not return home until tomorrow. I can't be in the race tonight. I feel the problems that I can cause, I understand that you already have everything organized and I would like to know if I can participate in the second race having options to obtain the license, or it is better to give my place to someone else for both races. Thank you. Greetings
Second race wont gain you your license, you have to be there in both races in one season and finish both of them as explained in sign up

Regarding the rules below, I have some questions.

1. During the race, when is a driver shown the blue flag - anytime that driver is being lapped by any other car or only by cars in their same class?

2. Is the rule to let a car by within 4 corners automatically applied by rFactor 2? The reason that I ask that question is because I've received warnings in the message center in past races that I need to allow the car past or risk a penalty and I've received a drive through penalty in the past for not observing the blue flag soon enough.

3. If the passing car is not very close behind and is not closing the gap quickly enough, it may prove difficult to help the passing driver complete a safe pass within 4 corners without slowing or leaving the predictable racing line. Do you have any suggestions?

4. How many corners is the Maggots, Beckets, Chapel complex considered?

---------------------------------------------
5.1.2 Cars being lapped must give up their position within 4 corners of receiving a blue flag, or risk receiving a penalty.

5.9 Drivers demonstrating unpredictable behaviour may be subject to penalty. Some common examples of unpredictability include:
5.9.1 A driver suddenly changing lanes ‘to get out of the way’ when lapping cars appear in their mirror or when the blue flag appears. Drivers must hold a predictable line and pace until the pass is initiated by the lapping car, then they must hold their current lane.
5.9.2 A driver braking early into a corner when (a) lapping car(s) appear(s) in their mirror or when the blue flag appears. Often the lapping car is planning on following and has nowhere to go when a driver brakes early or suddenly.
5.9.3 Not accelerating at a normal race pace out of a corner. When in an acceleration zone, lifting off the throttle is equal to applying the brakes but without the benefit of brake lights as a warning. The following car has nowhere to go.

6. Flag rules
6.1 Drivers that are being lapped must help the passing driver make a complete and safe pass within 4 corners maximum.
6.1.1 At certain tracks, a series of corners in short succession may be designated as one corner for the purposes of observing the blue flag; this will be at the Stewards’ discretion.

6.3 Drivers being lapped must maintain their current and predictable racing line. Any incidents that occur due to unexpectedly changing their line will be penalized.
May i suggest to post in the race thread instead of a thread that is nearly 3 years old (moved the posts).
1. Both
2. No
3. If you get blue flag, it is a heads up that a driver is approaching - usually its because you are not nearly as fast as that guy, prepare to move over. If you are able to get away then fine..
4. ... you kinda replied to this as well

[QUOTE = "Jimmi Allison, publicación: 82279, miembro: 1"]
La segunda carrera no te dará tu licencia, debes estar allí en ambas carreras en una temporada y terminar ambas como se explica en el registro
[/CITAR]
Second race wont gain you your license, you have to be there in both races in one season and finish both of them as explained in sign up
Okay. Well I understand that the most logical thing would be to give my place to another person who can get it. In case it can't be I would be happy to participate in the second race as I also participated in the previous ones and could serve as training

[QUOTE = "Jimmi Allison, publicación: 82279, miembro: 1"]
La segunda carrera no te dará tu licencia, debes estar allí en ambas carreras en una temporada y terminar ambas como se explica en el registro
[/CITAR]

Okay. Well I understand that the most logical thing would be to give my place to another person who can get it. In case it can't be I would be happy to participate in the second race as I also participated in the previous ones and could serve as training
There is plenty of space with 2 divs, so show up for the race. Just dont expect you have hte same car next season.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but due to some circumstances I won't be able to participate in the second race and therefore I don't believe this first race has any value at all in obtaining a license for the future.

Apologies about the late notice, but I found out not too long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.