What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

America's s5/r1 - watkins glen

Thank you, but I think it's not because I put NO that will make a difference in running, it was a mistake on my part, I'll try for the next thank you

First experience: bad
I think this is not a car for me, I can not find a way for my set to be stable, it always has a tendency to be frightened from behind, with downforce or not, it's the same thing.
The final speed was always short, with any gearbox configuration.
Without doubt much has to do with my handling, I will have to work more to be faster.

About the race, I did not expect it to be at night, I did not try a graphic configuration for that condition, and the track was not very visible to me.

Finally, after 75 minutes, I had a lost conection. After 2 minutes the internet signal returned. It has been a long time since I suffered a signal cut, and it happens at the least indicated time.
Anyway, i came in 14th, but wanted to finish the race, it is always the number 1 target.

Congratulations to Tero for the win !!!

See you next time.

Yeah, my experience was terrible, no respect for the drivers and people driving recklessly, I was involved in two accidents where I lost positions and none by my fault.
The night race was a surprise to me, but it was okay except for the missing tarmac textures after the fast S and popping light on the racetrack.
I haven't tested much and during qually I was surprised how suddenly everyone was way faster.

Started 10th and luckily passed some people on the start running in 7th after first lap.
I had great tire wear, was running in 6th before the stop and had minimum 80% wear on the front left tire which was the worst of all. So I didn't even bother changing tires and just went for fuel. 19 seconds stop gave me 5th after everyone came in to pit. Then I was slower trying not to overcook my tires and was defending from people behind me. One accident lost a position, other accident lost 3 positions and none by my fault.
Somehow I lost another position which I have no clue how cause I was a lap down finishing miserable 10th. End of Story...

Congrats to Tero, he drove very clean and fast!
See you on the next one!

Yeah the race being at night was a surprise and we found out that the track wasn't created with night racing in mind. Luckily the problems with the track were just distracting and nothing more. But obviously unwanted and something we shouldn't have to deal with in the future. And I know it's something that the SRCA admins couldn't change at the time.

Apologies to @Kyle Palmeter for contact during qualifying. I thought you had seen me and giving me room in the final corner as you seemed to go wide. But that wasn't the case and I was frustrated and there was contact between us. If that's worthy of a penalty then I'll accept that as it was 100% my fault for reading the situation wrong.

The race itself was quite straightforward. I managed to get P1 early on in lap 1 and slowly built a gap behind. Didn't do big mistakes and didn't get caught in others mistakes. Though there was one pretty close call when two cars had tangled up in the final corner not far ahead of me and had to take avoiding action.

Took the pitstop carefully and I lost a bit of time there to the car(s) behind. Setup was great but didn't quite hold up to the end of the race and I started losing a bit of pace in the last 30 mins or so. My first win in SRCA so I'm happy :) Thanks everyone!

Good start to the season all in all. Also my first legitimate race with something on the line in quite some time. Goal was just to make it to the end and learn how the car would react over time to the "rubbering in" process ...and I did that. Qualifying on pole was a plus.

Night time racing looked quite different than rf1 (particularly headlights from multiple cars behind illuminating much if the track), but maybe that was the texture thing discussed by others. Add to that my paltry frame rate and stutters.... and, well, making it to the end was an achievement in a big way.

Anyway, as for the race... I nearly lost it in front of the field going through the Esses on lap 1. I'm sure @Tero Dahlberg and @Fernando Ferreira got a pretty good look of me crapping my pants. One of the better saves I've had in a while. Glad I was able to get the car going straight again, but I decided to back off and let the others through while I dealt with my issues. After that, other than the distractions including track disappearing and reappearing, things went okay. Just cruised home to claim 4th.

Apologies to @Sergey Yashin, @Tony Carl Christensen and @Daniel Gaspar - I didn't realize you guys were racing for position with a few laps left. Once I did, I backed off and hopefully let you settle it amongst yourselves. Apologies if that caused any issue.

Grats Tero for the win and to Fernando and Adam for rounding out the podium.

First I'd like to thank SRC and the admins, everything was set up and laid out very professionally. The night race was a surprise but I kinda liked it. The road flashes were annoying but overall I thought there was less distraction in the dark.

Qualifying was straight forward. I didn't have the speed of the top 5 so just wanted to get as close as possible. Got a little crowded at times but I thought everyone did a good job not getting in each other's way.

The race was... interesting. Started well and the first hour was a procession. Then came the pit stop. Front tires and fuel was the plan. However while trying to figure out if I should take less fuel then planned I accidentally clicked the LR tire to change. Wasted over 25 seconds sitting there and the lead I'd built up over the chasing pack was gone. The final stint was strong though. I was chasing down the guys in front at a good clip. Had some good racing with Sergey that unfortunately ended with us touching. After going through the esses side by side I thought we had a understanding of how we race. So I didn't expect you to come down on me in the last turn. Sorry we made contact but I was at your door down the last little straight. One for the stewards and it is what it is. My hart really dropped when I realized Tero was right behind. Then there was still time left for a good fight with Beto. He was fast down the straights I was a bit faster in the turns. I'm disappointed in my pit stop mistake but def had a lot of fun. Thanks to everyone who participated.

@Tero Dahlberg , really sorry for the mini hart attack moment. And of course congrats on a quick and clean race win.

TK

Please remove me from sign up for all races in this season, because of timings (I should learn to read properly). Thanks

I was really pleased to finish 3rd in this race. In the last three years, I've only done one race more than 30 minutes. A 90-minute session was a great endurance benchmark test.

I qualified 4th, about where I thought I'd be. When I found out it was going to be a night race I was excited for it. No one had gotten night practice so I thought it was a good surprise to help drivers prepare for the unexpected in higher classes. I did have track flickering and some other graphical issues. But I think everyone did.

At the start of the race, I decided to be very conservative and find a groove. I dropped back to 5th and rode for a while. Finding my rhythm in the first stint, I was able to make a pass for 4th and then a pass for 3rd a few laps later. I then just tried to make mistake-free, cut-free laps in decent time while the fuel burned off.

The only issue during my race was on the pit stop. I overshot my pit by a few feet then reversed a few too many feet behind. Once I finally got in my box, I had lost around 15-20 seconds allowing Eric to get by. Lesson learned - RF2 is more picky than RF1 with pit boxes! After that, I struggled a bit with understeer on worn tires and full fuel. Luckily, I was able to find the balance again and snag 3rd back from Eric before the end of the race.

Congrats to all finishes, especially Tero and Fernando on well deserved finishes. And thank you to the admins who make this possible!

This is absurd, Tom makes a late move spins me around, gassing into me to move my car away and I get a warning?
His front wheels are no fully aligned to me rear wheels and there is a car length space when we make the contact, why am I get a warning?
He would've never made that late pass.

Next time I'll dive bomb into the defending car and gas my way out of it, if that is how I'm suppose to drive...

Whining about stewards' decision won't make them delete the penalty and it certainly won't help you get a L4. A nicely articulated, well written expalanation of your situation might go better with stewards. Just my humble opinion :)

Whining about stewards' decision won't make them delete the penalty and it certainly won't help you get a L4. A nicely articulated, well written expalanation of your situation might go better with stewards. Just my humble opinion :)
I'm not whining and I'm not trying to make them delete their penalty. All I'm saying is, Why I'm getting a warning and the other guy none?
He made a bad attempt at trying to pass me, spun me around and I lost 3 positions and I'm at fault?

Asking a question, I read the rules twice and in the rules it says the passing driver has the ultimate responsibility for making a safe pass, and he didn't...
"4.1 Generally speaking, the passing car is ultimately responsible for making a safe pass at a safe time. However, it is both drivers responsibility to ensure a safe pass is made. Failure to do so may result in a penalty."

His front tires didn't fully aligned with my back tires (only half of the tire and my rear bumper) during the contact. Also, he had a car length space during the contact.
"4.4 Entering a turn, the passing driver must minimally get their front wheels even with the rear wheels of the car they are passing before the point of turn-in, to have earned the right to a lane. At this point the driver being passed is responsible to leave a lane open."

My vid was private, made it public just now.

Last edited:
We are aware of the rules, this is why you're getting the warning. (One of the stewards actually voted for a drive through)
upload_2017-2-24_18-5-41.png