What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

America's s5/r1 - watkins glen

Okay, will try to have a clean race at Road Atlanta. Now I know rules better, thank you...
I never liked Watkins Glen...

My vid was private, made it public just now.
To answer your question, the video is not helpful enough. I would need the input data, the speed, the gear of each car and more perspectives, to say, who deserves a penalty in my opinion and even then: my opinion can be wrong or different to the opinion of the stewards.

The most important, and often missed, point in overtaking is that you need to be seen by the driver who you are trying to overtake. If for example in this case I would've been in Sergey's car and seen Tom attempt the overtake, I would've left room no matter what. Because it's better for me to not have contact even if I lose a place. Closing the door in that situation is just asking for trouble because Tom has nowhere to go. At the end of the day you're either a driver who wants to argue who was at fault in a crash or a driver who finishes the race ;)

But no overtaking in C80, so driver has to let all overtaken cars infront of him, or we will wait until C80 finishes and give another drive trough (but I know what you mean with gain time ;) )

Seriously. This rule is not fair for everybody at some specific situation or point, but we take what we think it is the best for the race overall.

But no overtaking in C80, so driver has to let all overtaken cars infront of him, or we will wait until C80 finishes and give another drive trough (but I know what you mean with gain time ;) )

Seriously. This rule is not fair for everybody at some specific situation or point, but we take what we think it is the best for the race overall.
Ah yes, good point! Forgot that!

And yes I know and understand that racing rules aren't always the same for everyone. A normal Safety Car situation is one, but no-one usually critisises it :D