What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

V-sync/refresh rate issues?

Per Oqvist

Reaction score
I run a G-sync monitor Anybody with nvidia video cards having issues with v-sync or something? I have a X 1080 and I normally never dip under 144 with my settings but last day I had it down to 23. This make me wonder if the monitor somehow is identified as a 24hz one?

I changed the video config and all as it sometimes resets to 60 fps. Noticed wierd behaviour that I needed to do it both in the launcher and the lobby as if they where reading to separate config files? But I could get the framerates two days ago but now I am locked at 23 despite getting both the lobby and the launcher display settings right (and in windows of course).

Tried windowed and borderless so far. I am afraid of using fullscreen with rFactor 2.

edit: fullscreen I get my 220 fps roughly but thus no g-sync it should lock at 144 hz.

Last edited:
Something is up with steams cloud saving. I am not allowed to delete setups as soon as I start steam it redownload my old. Suspect it´s why I am not always allowed to save graphical settings too.

Something is up with steams cloud saving. I am not allowed to delete setups as soon as I start steam it redownload my old. Suspect it´s why I am not always allowed to save graphical settings too.
Sounds more like admin rights in windows or maybe the folder is set to read only.

I run a G-sync monitor Anybody with nvidia video cards having issues with v-sync or something? I have a X 1080 and I normally never dip under 144 with my settings but last day I had it down to 23. This make me wonder if the monitor somehow is identified as a 24hz one?

I changed the video config and all as it sometimes resets to 60 fps. Noticed wierd behaviour that I needed to do it both in the launcher and the lobby as if they where reading to separate config files? But I could get the framerates two days ago but now I am locked at 23 despite getting both the lobby and the launcher display settings right (and in windows of course).

Tried windowed and borderless so far. I am afraid of using fullscreen with rFactor 2.

edit: fullscreen I get my 220 fps roughly but thus no g-sync it should lock at 144 hz.

Hi @Per Oqvist
This might help you...
As you can see from my signature (below), I run triple G-Sync 144hz monitors (7680x1440). Up until a few days ago, I also had a separate PC (with single monitor) that I used for TeamSpeak, surfing, live timing, etc., but that PC has just died. I have now added the spare monitor to my gaming rig (so now 4 monitors in total) to act as an accessory monitor.
I have always run rF2 in "full screen" mode because "windowed" and "borderless" drops my FPS to around 20 unless I disable G-Sync in windowed mode (via nV control panel). Obviously, I want G-Sync running, so this is not an option. But now (while rF2 is in full screen mode) if I click on my 4th screen, rF2 pauses/minimizes, which I don't want either and can only be cured by using windowed/borderless mode. So I started looking for a fix...
I am pleased to say, I can now run in borderless mode with G-Sync enabled without any FPS loss.
Here's what I did...
1) In the nVidia control panel, make sure "Enable G-Sync in windowed and full screen mode" is selected.
2) In rF2 video config settings, select "borderless" and make sure v-sync is off.
3) Restart your PC and enter your BIOS. Somewhere in your BIOS settings you'll have an option to "Fast Boot" your PC. Most PCs have this enabled by default. Disable it. Save settings and restart PC.
That's it. I can now run rF2 in borderless mode with G-Sync enabled with the same FPS as I had in full screen mode.
Hope this helps.