What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

Telemetry plugin

I actually tested this during LeMans - it did not cause any issues - however we dont encourage the use of plugins.
Dont blame us if a swap goes sour because of this :)

Now we are on that subject, let me again say that you CANNOT trust the EngineWear as it is unreadable data in rf2. And before people go "uhh and ahh, yes you can", let me point to the .PDF Manual, Page 13

If your engine dies, you abused it - it's NOT a bug.

Attachments

• rF2_TrackMap0_91_EngineWear.jpg
    rF2_TrackMap0_91_EngineWear.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 46
Tyre info works well in % - but kinda like the same you see in the original hud.

A lot of plugins don't work with driver swaps. At my usual league, we saw a lot of issues in out last endurance race which didn;t effect the hotswaps, but the hotswaps did stop most of the plugins from working. I had my data acquition plugin installed, but not logging/activated during the race and my team had no issues with hotswaps (and I hotswapped 4 times in 2 separate cars during the 6-hour race)

With the switch to rf2 I haven't heard any reports about plugins. I used track map and motec plugin.
However unless you are testing a car I don't see the need to run any motec during a race.

Ran the trackmap plugin during the race and never had any problems when it came to driver swaps. Will probably remove it for Malaysia though with it being a 12 hour race just to be safe.

With the switch to rf2 I haven't heard any reports about plugins. I used track map and motec plugin.
However unless you are testing a car I don't see the need to run any motec during a race.

Jimmi,
How is the best mode to turn off MOTEC plugin before the race?
Any parameter in .ini file or smply delete this?

ctrl m iirc
Im at work now, so if anyone remember. But i do recall that this would simply turn it on/off.

I Used just in Le Mans , but when changed pilots ( Swap) , just Crash rF2 whith my Partner,
so also i decide don't use anymore plugins, in races when changed pilots are indispensable...
just training if another rF2 with Plugins , but in the race i run in another rF2 Clean MOD...;)

Any link for MoTeC plugin and a good project with it? i used to work with motec to prepare race on Rf1 but don't find a good one for Rf2

I use trackmap all the time and have never had a problem that I could blame on it.

However, there is an rF2 spotter plugin that is a good addition, BUT, when I used it and pitted to do a driver swap, the swap worked but my rF2 crashed ... so I don't use that in endurance races.

The trackmap plugin makes my install respond a bit slower. When starting up it shows a white screen for 1-2 seconds. I´ve uninstalled it :)

Which part of the install are you seeing the white screen?, The game install itself, or the loading of the car from the garage to track?

When i start the game from the launcher, rf2 just hangs for a bit. Enough to annoy me and uninstall it ;)