What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

T300 Settings

Mickael Folcher

Addicted Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just changed my wheel and I'm having a bad time trying to get a sharp feeling from it.
I tried severals T500 settings but as it's not the same, it doesn't work that well.

Is there some drivers there that got that wheel and who would be kind enough to share settings ?

Thanks.

Well I have bad news for you then. You cannot make the T300 feel "as sharp" as a G25. T300 has two belts where G25 uses cogs/gears. Both of these mechanical solutions have their pros and cons.

When you use cogs you have to leave some space between cogs or otherwise there will be excessive friction and wear on the parts. You can feel this slack/play on the wheel when you very, very gently turn it left and/or right. The wheel turns almost without any friction. Measuring from the edge of the wheel rim it's maybe 1-2mm of travel. But it gets heavier to turn as you also start turning the FFB motor. Another con with this is that when you're playing a game and the FFB motor changes direction it can briefly accelerate without friction so you feel a stronger/sharper effect.

Using belts you don't have any slack and when the FFB motor changes direction there's some damping instead.

So, a belt-driven wheel is basically more accurate and smoother, but slightly lacking in detail. But what you feel like additional detail in a wheel like G25 or DFGT (my old wheel) is sort of false detail or at the very least amplified by the slack between cogs.

Thanks for the technical stuff. Appreciate.

I also had a TX one year ago and the feeling was a lot better than with the G25. Even my laptimes were better after leaving the G25 for TX.
Now it's the opposite with the T300.

That's why I believe there is a solution for what I feel.
It doesn't change the facts you said.

Well I thought you were comparing two different types of wheels. Didn't know you had a TX before that.

As for the settings, there's really nothing magical or complex that I do with my T500. Or any of the wheels that I've had.

In the profiler I have overall gain at 50% as it seems to be more linear for than 60% which is what most people with T500 use. Constant, Periodic and Spring at 100, Damper at 0 (The wheel doesn't need any more damping imo). Auto-center set to by-wheel and 0.

Then for rF2 I first loaded their T500 settings file as recommended by them I believe. Then I've set:
"Steering torque minimum" to 0.08 in controller.json and in-game I adjust multiplier so that it doesn't clip under normal racing. I use Pedal Overlay plugin to monitor that:
http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/7546-rF2-Pedal-Overlay-Plugin

Edit: Oh, I also have FFB smoothing set to 0 in-game but it shouldn't do anything as damping is set to 0 in the profiler. But I guess it could still add lag if the software does the calculation evne when it's not applied... Hmm, not sure :D

I think that's all.

Last edited:
Well, after testing & testing.
Still got a flying carpet effect. Except on the kerbs, I doesn't feel the wheels.

Did you use the stock TX rim? It´s a lot lighter then the rim that comes with the T300RS. I can feel more feedback with the TX rim vs my heavier rims. Some of them also have a bigger diameter which forces the wheel to work harder. So maybe the difference is just the rim? I have only tried the T300RS briefly but it felt like it was the same wheel pretty much though dampened ffb due to the heavy rim.

Yes I had the stock TX rim.
And yes it's heavier now with the T300.
But the lack of feeling is weird. I can't think it's normal.
That's why I asked for settings.

I got my T300 today and I'm experiencing the same, my old G25 felt much better in rF2.

When I turn the wheel, it 'accelerates' my movement, causing the wheel to turn by itself in corners. Impossible to drive like this. I'm not sure though what setting causes this. I'll find out and then post my experiences here.

I got my T300 today and I'm experiencing the same, my old G25 felt much better in rF2.

When I turn the wheel, it 'accelerates' my movement, causing the wheel to turn by itself in corners. Impossible to drive like this. I'm not sure though what setting causes this. I'll find out and then post my experiences here.
Reverse your FFB force.