What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

So much grip on wet?

Borja Millan

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Hello. I've been testing under dry and wet conditions, and in wet i have so much grip more. It is exaggerated, in wet with dry rail i was doing 2: 07s and when the server restarts, in dry I do as much 2: 08.5s. And not only the times, but the feelings are much better in wet. I just wanted to inform you

This has been discussed endlessly, and we are happy with our tyres, don't really bother to go over all the explainations again - in short it's related to ISI's tyremodel and the dynamics of RealRoad, you'll not be able to abuse any 'tricks' by making odd tyre choices.

I think that it depends of track conditions, because yesterday I was driving with a heavy rain and my lap times were about 2:30 - 2:29 with a LMP2 and with this kind of conditions, the grip is very critical for a 12 hours race.

It very much has to do with the track conditions. Again theres a sweat spot we can illiminate - but thats just how it is :)

I dont say that in wet conditions im faster than in dry. When i enter the server i was doing 2:24 to 2:15 or so in wet. Only when the track starts to become dry is when i have more grip than in dry :)

I dont know how the tyres work on RF2, in RF1 u can put more grip in wet or more grip in dry on the tyres. Is like the wet tyres have so much grip on dry conditions. Anyway u know how the tyres work so I'm not going to bother more ;)