What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S15 - Race 2 - Estoril

Matej Lakota

Reaction score
Race Length: 90 Minutes
Simulated Race Time: 14:00 - 15:30

Race schedule:
19:05 - Open practice
19:55 - All cars must be on the server, all racers connected to TeamSpeak (everyone alone in his own channel) - and stay there
20:34 - Whisper test
20:35 - 20:50 - Qualifying
20:50 - 20:55 - 5 min break/warmup
20:56 - Final whisper test (optional)
20:57 - Start of formation lap (on pitlimiter - single file, no overlap)
21:00 - Green flag at the red line marked on the track map bellow

Real name mandatory, otherwise you will get black flag in open practice before the race.
Driver has to change nickname after 1st warning when admins notice he is not using real name, otherwise he will be excluded from SRCA league before the first race.

Server: The latest build
Flag rules:
Black only

Review the rules before joining the server for the race.
Orange Zone:
In effect through first full race lap

estoril-start.jpg

Stewards review

Orange Zone:

-

Pit entry and exit blend line violations
IN
2892 - Nicolas Pacheco David

Out
836 - Tiago Alexandre Lopes
3111 - Jose Berenguer

Reported incidents/observed by race control:
-

Penalties for code 80-violations

1st code 80 at 2500.2
Ricky Wall speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
Jose Berenguer speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
Victor Ivanov speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
Tiago Alexandre Lopes speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through

2nd code 80 at 2860.2
-

Penalties not served last round

Sergio Tavares - 30 sec stop and hold
Luca Desi - 60 sec stop and hold + 60 sec stop and hold
Matteo Caruso - Drive Through
David Gargallo Lobo - Drive Through
Andros Alvarez - Drive Through

Final summary of penalties

@Sergio Tavares - 30 sec stop and hold
@Luca Desi - 60 sec stop and hold + 60 sec stop and hold
@Matteo Caruso - Drive Through
@David Gargallo Lobo - Drive Through
@Andros Alvarez - Drive Through
@Jose Berenguer - 30 sec stop and hold
@Ricky Wall - Drive Through
@Victor Ivanov - Drive Through
@Tiago Alexandre Lopes - 30 sec stop and hold
@Nicolas Pacheco David - Drive Through

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately, due to busy schedule, I won't be able to take part for the rest of the season, I am sorry that I signed up and won't be able to race.

Hi

For professional reasons I am not able to attend the race on next wednesday and the week after (the 13th). I apologise for that.

Hi,

I hereby officially withdraw myself from this season. There's just not enough time for this series too. I will sign up again when the time is right. Thank you for the chance though.

Andros Alvarez told me that tomorrow need him to work, he is going to said here after midnight, but he wan you know 24h before race, his is working at the momet.

Sorry, but I cant race the circuit of Estoril because today my boss told me that I work tomorrow. David Hoyo wrote about this because i was working. Thank you

sorry guys but maybe this afternoon i cant race ... i dont know if i can arrive on time.
are there any possibility to get into the race just before the race, without qualification?

I have 2 Questions about how to serve penaltyes.

1- You can serve your penalty in the first few laps. How many laps are "few"?
2- Can you serve a penalty during a CODE-080?

Thanks a lot.

@Matej Lakota I've tested a bit with my graphic settings and I know what the issue was last wednesday. It was relatable to the steam forrum you send. So that ment that my cpu is going into slow mode cause it can't cope. That's definitely a hardware issue and I don't think I can fix the issue so let's see how things plan out this race. That will probably mean that if there isn't a noticeable improvement I'll withdraw from the series. Cause it's just very frustrating.

Luuk, I am glad you figured out what is wrong, but not so much if it will also be present tonight. Just let us know how your CPU will deal with rF2 in the race.

I am sorry but i can't come home in time tonight. There has been an incident on the way back home and seems like they closed the road. I doubt i will be home in time for the start of the race :(

@Matej Lakota Ok so now I really out of ideas. My fps counter is saying that I have 60 fps and everything runs smooth but then when more people start to join the 60fps is still there but then the car feels really weird (no power,alot of understeer and no brakes). I'm 6 seconds slower in the first sector than myself with compared to a practice server with about 10 people. The moment shit starts to breaks loose seems around 14 people. I guess I'll try a lap in qualy and if that doesn't work I won't race if thats ok on your side. I really want to race but this is just very annoying.

EDIT: On a resolution of 800x600 it definitely seems less but than i can't make out the difference if i i'm behind a car or a truck

Last edited:
I have some problems with my internet I have very high ping and cant even open an internet site, i'm typing this from my phone just to be able to warn you if I am not at the start its because of the internet. I hope to have it fixed by then or next race

Unfortunately, I think it's best for me to put this off till next season. My fanatec wheel was supposed to be here Monday and wont be here till late today or sometime this week. I need to familiarize myself with the handling/tire physics/wear/setups and everything else in rfactor2 anyways, so I will rejoin in jan or feb, depending how much time I have through the holidays...thanks and cheers, there are some good drivers here and I will be back.

I have 2 Questions about how to serve penaltyes.

1- You can serve your penalty in the first few laps. How many laps are "few"?
2- Can you serve a penalty during a CODE-080?

Thanks a lot.

1- The Admins will give you a penalty during the beginning of the race, so you have to respect what the message screen will say in the game (as if you were given a penalty by the game itself, for example when you play offline). Normally, after the admins give you a penalty, I think you have 3 laps, but I am not sure. Anyway, you will see it on your screen as soon as they do it.

2- If there is a Code-80 within the laps that the game says you have to serve your penalty, then yes, you are lucky :)