What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

rF2 crashes randomly while loading cars during qualy/race sessions

Kevin Jaeger

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Hey guys, Lately I had issues with rF2, during VEC races and now even during the SRC special event seems to be the same problem. I also have some trace files now for example maybe someone can help me? Crashes always happen when rF2 wants to load in/place cars ingame. Crashes mostly happen during race/qualy session I never had issues in practice sessions. It's getting really frustrating since I cant be planned into races anymore since it happens randomly from race to race. Traces are attached.

http://i.imgur.com/h9xYJPc.png

Attachments

• trace_2017_03_18_15_03_27-32.txt
    550 KB · Views: 0
  • trace_2017_03_18_15_05_29-91.txt
    186.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Kevin is not the best with computers so here is a screenshot of his system.
h9xYJPc.png

My guess would be his GPU has not enough memory and crashes? Still don't understand why he can drive 30+ people practices etc. :/

So it's when you enter the server the pc starts loading the cars and then it stops responding/crashes?

1: I select my car
2: I load the track
3: Then the game loads all the vehicles and when it is finished with load it crashes

My Network Settings in rFactor 2
Lan
Up and Downstream: 5 mb per sec

Well I guess my first thought was right then about the GPU being too weak. Now it's time for him to upgrade before Le Mans :p !

my first year with RF2 was with an Radeon HD7700 1GB ... with no problems...
but not at 1920 x1080... i was running at 1280x768 and with low graphics levels....
how was your FPS in practice??
i always have at least 50-60 FPS in race...

try to run with lower screen resolution, that will help you...
but for sure you need to upgrade the card...
i agree with Daryl you can go for a used GTX970 or even GTX760

I always have such 55-60 FPS.
I will also buy a new pc before le mans with I7 processor and gtx 1060 6gb memory and 16 GB ram.
I think that should be enough ;)
Exactly my specs.in my signature but see if you can pick up a i7 2600k and a good motherboard to overclock. With this and a 1060gtx 6 gigs RFactor2 you will see well over 100+ fps I do with mine :D