What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Race 1 - Indianapolis

Matej Lakota

Reaction score
Race date: 15. November
Race Length: 90 Minutes
Simulated Race Time: 14:00 – 15:30
Weather forecast: Dry

Race schedule:
18:00 - Server reboot
18:05 - Open practice
19:55 - All cars must be on the server - and stay there
20:25 – 20:50 - Qualifying
20:50 – 20:55 - 5 min break/warmup
20:57 - Start of formation lap - formation lap under pit limiter
21:00 - Green flag when you exit turn 13

Server: Build 1098
Event on facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/rf2SRCA
Flag rules: Black only
Broadcast: TBA

Please review the rules before joining the server for the race.

Orange Zone: In effect through first full lap

2nd post reserved for pre-race notes

indianapolis.jpg

The track itself will warn and penalize of white line infractions, we suggest you learn the tracks boundries BEFORE the race.

Race 1 stewards report

Conceirao and Real did not complete 50% of the race and scored zero points.

Orange Zone: No incidents

Reported accidents:

287 - Wrong timestamp - No further action warranted

318 - P. Lewandowski tries to go up the inside of two cars that are fighting into turn 1 - Avoidable contact - Drive through for P. Lewandowski

2590 - L. Sa spinned and backward returned on the track

4007 - B. Gray outbrakes himself into T1 and hits K. Petrowski - Avoidable contact - Drive through for B. Gray

4835 - B. Gray bumps P. Lewandowski into Turn 2 and spins him - Avoidable contact - Drive through for B. Gray

5081 - B. Gray locks up slightly but makes the corner, P. Lewandowski turns into him - Racing incident - No further action warranted

Pit exit white line cut:

1985 - Lewandowski
2136 - Gridello
2218 - Tuunainen
2511 - Lundvall
2890 - Oliviera
3477 - Gray
4104 - Gridello
4194 - Tuunainen
4219 - Petrovsky

Drive through for these drivers.

Final penalty summary:

Luis Sa - 1x Drive trough
Lewandowski - 2x Drive through = 60 seconds Stop and Hold
Gridello - 2x Drive through = 60 seconds Stop and Hold
Tuuaninen - 2x Drive through = 60 seconds Stop and Hold
Lundvall - 1x Drive through
Oliviera - 1x Drive through
Gray - 3x Drive through = 120 seconds Stop and Hold
Petrovsky - 1x Drive through

Stewards Note:

Please read the rules to avoid more penalties. It's for your own good.
We only looked at submitted IRR's, so please report other incidents in the future.

I would like to clarify starting procedure.

After Qualy and Warm Up count down for the Race will start, so you hit RACE button to come on the track with your car. We all know this, it is simple, but here comes important part.
When starting lights switch off, you don´t start to race, but start formation lap with pit limiter on (under Orange Zone), overtaking is prohibited until exit of the turn 13, where race will start. So, out of turn 13 you can start with the race, not before you exit it.

See picture below and good luck all :).

indy-start.png

Just a reminder, TS is mandatory, as specified in the rules. You can join any of the numbered channels.
We'll use TS to announce a code 80 and for any other necessary communication.

A code 80 is called in a situation where there is a heavily damaged vehicle on track and the stewards feel like the track isn't safe enough to drive on race speed. You'll hear someone counting down from 10 to 0. Once the countdown has started, you'll have slow down and engage the pit limiter. When the countdown hits 0, you have to be driving 80km/h or slower.
Once the track is safe enough again, the stewards will let you know with a 5 second countdown. Again, when the timer hits 0, you can disengage the pitlimiter and return to racing speed.

Last edited:
Hello all.
I am afraid I won't be racing in this event and most likely none of the following races. I'm just coming back from a bit of an injury and I don't feel up to racing any kind of Endurance, especially without practice. I really would have liked to compete in some of the main Endurance competitions here in the future but it looks like a joined the site a few weeks too late and I am a bit pinned here. I might re-sign for the second season of this...."Academy"....if I feel 100% fit again.

I guess this is my formal withdrawal (I couldn't see anywhere else to do it).

Only send IRR's with the official server replay that will be posted tomorrow! All incidents reported using a personal replay will be ignored and deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Replay file is uploaded, we will consider all IRRs submitted before Thursday, 17th of November, 20:00 CET.