What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

R2 - Montreal

Matej Lakota

Reaction score
Race Length: 90 Minutes
Simulated Race Time: 14:00 - 15:30

Race schedule:
19:00 - Server reboot
19:05 - Open practice
19:55 - All cars must be on the server, all racers connected to TeamSpeak (everyone alone in his own channel) - and stay there
20:35 – 20:50 - Qualifying
20:50 – 20:55 - 5 min break/warmup
20:57 - Start of formation lap - formation lap under pit limiter
21:00 - Green flag announced by race director

Real name mandatory, otherwise you will get black flag in open practice before the race.
Driver has to change nickname after 1st warning when admins notice he is not using real name, otherwise he will be excluded from SRCA league before the first race.

Server: The latest build
Flag rules: Black only

Review the rules before joining the server for the race.
Orange Zone: In effect through first full lap

Last edited by a moderator:
[Parsehtml]
<iframe id="forecast_embed" type="text/html" frameborder="0" height="245"
width="100%"
src="http://forecast.io/embed/#lat=45.503219&lon=-73.526688&name=Montreal&color=#FF0000&font=Exo&units=uk"></iframe>[/Parsehtml]

Hello, I wont be able to race tonight due to illness. Sinuses have been acting up making it almost impossible to be comfortable let alone focus for 2 hours. :( Good luck all racing tonight and have fun :thumbsup: (y)

Sorry for the very late notice, but it appears that my trusty 10 year old DFP has died when I went to plug it in today :(

what can i say :( after the sesion changed to qualy my game and/or pc went crazy. i restared the game, my pc and then the game again but still on the formation lap the problem wasnt fixed so i decided to retire before the race realy started and avoid causing further issues for myself and mainly for others,.. a shame realy as i had the feeling i could have a decent race/pace on Montreal that could have gotten me the License i wanted,.. i shall wait for a new SRCA season now and aim for the next VEC season.

Thanks to all and most of all to the admins to run this short SRCA league to give drivers like me a chance to participate at Le Mans :)

Oops I did it again, this time I can blame Dom Duhan losing my focus on to the stream chat and forget my braking point for the wall of champions chicane. I'm sorry who got caught in there on my spin. This time I got in to reverse but too damn late. That was good P4 thrown away.

Good racing and good battling with those I had!

what can i say :( after the sesion changed to qualy my game and/or pc went crazy. i restared the game, my pc and then the game again but still on the formation lap the problem wasnt fixed so i decided to retire before the race realy started and avoid causing further issues for myself and mainly for others,..
What exactly was the issue/problem?

What exactly was the issue/problem?

Frame drops from what i could see... i saw my fps drop from 300 to somewhere around 100 ( i guess even lower considering my issues )... i have no idea whats causing it... i have been battleling issues about a month ago ( back then i had lag when watching the tv monitor in garage and some micro stutters on track ) but then it all looked good again untill yesterday.. also it doesnt seem to be an issue with RF2 but with my pc... AMS and even GTR2 run with stutters but then when i play shooters it runs smooth... anyway with no license and therefor no Le Mans im not going to worry about it anymore as im planning to get a new pc at the end of june and hope i can drive next VEC season :)

Frame drops from what i could see... i saw my fps drop from 300 to somewhere around 100 ( i guess even lower considering my issues )... i have no idea whats causing it... i have been battleling issues about a month ago ( back then i had lag when watching the tv monitor in garage and some micro stutters on track ) but then it all looked good again untill yesterday.. also it doesnt seem to be an issue with RF2 but with my pc...

Do you run rf2 in window? I noticed a huge fps drop if the window is not active for some reason, clicking the mouse helps in this case :)

Quickly on the Montreal events... I wondered why the car was such a handful... until 20 mins into the race when I spun and then it hit me, luckily only figuratively, that I had ran without TC and ABS! Maybe those wouldn't have helped me that much in qualy but I did find pretty good pace in race after I turned them on and even got the fastest lap on new tyres.

Sadly my race was even further compromised by another series of mistakes that lead me to do a 10s S&G. After my penalty and everyone pitting, I surprisingly found that @Quentin Benoit and @Kasper Stoltze weren't as far ahead as I had thought they would be. As the two of them battled for the lead for a while I was catching them quite fast but then Quentin got into the lead and I had to fight with @Joakim Stensnæs for P3. I did get to P3 and then was catching up to Kasper on the final lap. He got loose out of the hairpin and I tapped his rear and almost made him turn around. Didn't want to overtake like that so I let him stay ahead and made my move on the outside into the chicane! Didn't quite work out and the gap between us was 0.05 seconds as we crossed the line :D

Was a fun race!

I didn't really have the pace to match @Joakim Stensnæs, @Quentin Benoit or @Tero Dahlberg so a P4 in qualy was okay, eventhough I was quite far behind.

Joakim didn't made it to the start, which effectively meant a P3 for start. Quentin seemed fuzzed about the missing Joakim, and didn't hav a good start, which meant Tero took 1st and I took 2nd in the beginning of the race.

Quentin got back at me, and I was on a comfy third for a while, until Tero spun and I got 2nd agian.
I was way slower than P1, and decided to gamble on the strategy, and didn't replace any tyres. That meant I joined the track in P1 after my stop. Quentin caught up real fast, and I knew I shouldn't make it too hard for him to pass, cause we would loose too much the P3 and P4 behind us.

I was having a hard time with me tires, and couldn't keep up racepace I had hoped for, and soon Tero was way closer than I would have liked him to be.
On the last lap, Tero tried a ballsy move in the outside in the last chikane, and from there we were dragracing to the finishline, finishing with a gap of just 0,053 seconds!

Great driving Tero, Joakim and Quentin, you guys showed some proper pace!

Guess I should have tried to run TC and ABS, as I haven't used these options in the races, but without it is really hard to get on the throttle.

If any guess want to see the race from my POV, there's an opportunity to do so right here:
:)

See you around guys! (Hopefully)

Enabling TC and ABS allows you to put a bit more attention to other things. But you also need to fine tune the setup a bit differently whether you have one or both or none of them enabled. And with TC you also have 6 different settings. You have three options in the Tuning menu and then you can switch between Low and Med while in-car. Not the best implementation but it is an interim solution by ISI for the game engine that wasn't originally built for "racing TC and ABS" in mind. @Marcel Offermans maybe has some insights/info on this ;)

I'll have my little word as well on the race, which was quite enjoyable to me :)

I thought I did well in qualy with my personal best, but @Joakim Stensnæs got ahead by 0.001s... lol :p I took it well on the moment :)

Race start, Joakim isn't present on the grid, so I start first. Trying to ask to race direction what should I do, and the green flag is announced on the backstraight, which I didn't read would happen here :) I'm 3rd coming to the last chicane, and we haven't even reached s/f line :) @Tero Dahlberg and @Kasper Stoltze are ahead, but I manage to catch up quickly, first with Kasper, who I overtake on the inside of last chicane, though I was a bit surprised by braking points in this maneuver (and Kasper said it in his stream I saw :p). Then I manage to come back onto Tero, and pass him at the same spot as Kasper, bit better this time :)

3 cuts in the chicane (doh...) give me a penalty, which I clear one lap before pit stops. I noticed in Suzuka that tyre change and refuelling were simultaneous, so I thought it would be pointless not to change tyres anyway :) (pity Kasper ^^). I rejoin second after both s&g and pit stop, but my tyres are better than Kasper's and he doesn't hold me on either. The end of the race is pretty straight forward, and I take the win :)

That was a good race for me, with that strategy coming into play is was quite interesting :)

See you soon on track guys, and thank you everyone for those very nice races ;)