What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

OSW - Controller files

Miroslav Davidovic

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a request for the people which own an Open Sim Wheel.

I would ask you please if you have such a wheel to post your controler file here and your findings wihtin rF2. Short description of things that are of relevance. What is important to avoid and what should be used if possible and those little tiny things that you figure out with more experience.

We have allready á few files from experienced drivers but nonthenless there allways can be something that was not considered. With a little bit of luck we can get a decent defualt profile included in rF2 in the future so also new people do not have to mess around and go through all the headache with those wheels but just simply jump in and drive.

Please also post which motor you are using.

Many thanks!

Cheers

Last edited:
My settings on rf2 and the controller:

Car - specific ffb multi: around 0.30...35 for GTs, for prototypes around 0.60...70

ffb smoothing: 0

ffb minimum torque: 0.5%

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2b1wt93ttlc5x4a/Controller.rar?dl=0

On Granity software:

I just changed the things that Tomo Meglic from Sim Racing Bay advice me and said that i could change.. so...

on the "Machine" page:

I just change the [MCC] Continuous current limit to 7,800.... and the [MMC] Peak current limit to 8,400! ( Tomo Meglic advice me to have always a margin of around 500 between MCC and MMC! )

On "Tunning" page:

I sometimes change the [TBW] Torque bandwidth limit.. between 330 Hz, 470 Hz, 680 Hz to have the overall torque strengh that i want but in general i use the 680 Hz!

On the Torque mode effects... ( Damping , Friction and Inertia effects) i find that always at 0 on all 3 is the best and more natural reproduction of effects for me!

Now on the MMos ffb software:

Steering Stop: Gain at minimum = 1.00 x, Max Force = 15.00% ( this is to have a "more" smooth response on the limit of rotation of the wheel! )

Force Settings: Overall Filter = this is best to set as low as possible to "feel" better all the effects of the ffb... i use at 6! Min Force at 0.00% and Max Force ALWAYS at the max... 100.00% ( only at 100.00% is the way to be able to feel all the ffb effects, i've tested at 70 and even at 50 % and the big part of the more subtle effects is lost and not there to feel so... always at 100.00% ! ;)

Effect Filter: everything OFF ( this does nothing on effects on MMos! ) , Desktop Effect and User Effect all at OFF ( again this does nothing on effects ) at least on rf2!

On FFB Configuration: you guys can set for some cars the degrees of rotation for each car and save it with the name that you want ;) but notice that when you guys save settings that you want to go as default... allways save as "default and the Eprom" always... both!! ;)

That's it! I hope that i could help with this! ;) My controller.json is all tune up to work for the best feeling possible for me!

So try to use all of this with this settings and for sure the feeling is good! ;)

Note:

I have the SimuCUBE based OSW kit with CM110 case

Servo Motor: MIGE 130ST-M10010 20Nm motor 10000ppr ( 40000cpr ). More than enough strength!!

PSU: Mean Well 480W (Noiseless) 20-30Nm

Servo Drive: Ioni Pro ( 19a ) ! ( the 19a ) is for the 20Nm motor, the Ioni Pro HC (25A) is for teh 30Nm Motor! ;)

More powerfull Motor (30Nm), does NOT mean more or better ffb effects on the Motor!! ;)

That's all! ;)

Last edited: