What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

Looking for teammates for a 24 hour kart race.

Alexander vd Woude

Addicted Member
Reaction score
Hi guys and gals,

I'm looking for people who would be crazy enough to be interested in joining me for a 24 hour kart race in the UK this August. This past two years I've done 24 hour kart races in both the UK and in France with Simtech Motorsport, and I've absolutely fell in love with 24 hour racing with karts. In 2015 we did the British 24 hours at Teesside Motordrome in Middlesborough, and in 2016 we did the 24h Anglaise on Circuit Alain Prost in Le Mans.

This year Simtech has elected to do the Le Mans event over the Teesside event again, and I'll be joining them as pit crew instead of a driver. But, and now comes the reason of me writing this, The British 24 hours has its 20th running this year, and runs it at a reduced cost of 1250 Pounds for a team entry in the hire class, this may sound as a lot, but if you put this into perspective to previous events where you payed 2250 Pounds for the same entry, It's quite the bargain so to say.

So, with this reduced price I feel that I just cannot pass up such a cheap oppertunity to do the 24 hours of Teesside, even though the track is quite rough and physical on its drivers I still feel that it's well worth the price.

So in short, I am looking for teammates to join me for this event. Ideally I am looking for 5 or 6 drivers, myself included, so we can split the costs for entry between the drivers, which would amount to about 200 to 250 Pounds for a driver excluding travel, dead cheap for a 24 hour race.

If you're a driver who would be crazy enough to do a 24 hour race on karts, sharing the track with normally 60+ teams in 3 or 4 different classes on a very fast and challenging track with goes on for 2.1 km, with elevation changes, and knows how to handle a kart just a little but is still able to laugh about it at the end of the day, leave a reply or send me a pm. I have done these kind of events twice before taking both driving and pitwall duties so I know my way around this.

Also, if this sounds like a bit of a step up on your experience on karts, do not worry, when I did the british 24 hour race in 2015 it was my 3rd time I ever sat on a kart, and I was somewhat competitive even while being about 15 kgs over the weight limit by natural ballast. Not only that, I've read the other day that they're introducing a novice class for new teams/drivers, so we could enter in the novice class as well.

If you need any more information about the event, feel free to follow this link: http://www.24hourkarting.co.uk/british and read up a bit more.

TLDR: dead cheap 24 hour kartrace in the UK and im looking for teammates

Ps: I'm looking for teammates within simracing is that i'd rather team up with someone I somewhat know rather then joining some random team wih people I've never spoked or turned into before.

Last edited:
This sounds like so much fun! If only it was a little bit closer to Sweden...

Well there were people coming over from germany and poland with their own karts, so it's doable, I gotta come over from the Netherlands myself

Prokarts, but generally all karts in all classes run twinned Honda GX200 four stroke engines. But the faster classes run either old or new prokarts and the hire class(es) run Bizkart hire chassis with the same engines.

the biggest difference between the classes is the weight of the karts and the way the engines are tuned, where the prokarts are generally much faster down the straight and in acceleration but have about the same cornering abilites

I see, I really hope you get a good team together! I would really love to join but I think it is a bit far away and I have no idea of what I'll be doing in August.

"Closing the Gap 2 - GNS scrub learns to drive"

Oh and you can confirm me for this :)