What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

LMP2 No Tire Sounds

Reaction score
I have noticed that I do not have Tire sounds with the LMP2 car. I have turned up tire sounds to 200% and still nothing.

Does anyone else have this issue?

At interlagos we had very loud tire squeal from very little wheel input. If the update hasn't been released - its a problem on your end

At interlagos we had very loud tire squeal from very little wheel input. If the update hasn't been released - its a problem on your end
No update.
I have noticed that I do not have Tire sounds with the LMP2 car. I have turned up tire sounds to 200% and still nothing.
Does anyone else have this issue?
I would suggest that you would double check installation. Did you install VEC and URD sound files?

No update.

I would suggest that you would double check installation. Did you install VEC and URD sound files?
Just double checked and yes both URD and VEC sounds are installed. I cannot even hear the tires while spectating others. But the big thing is for when I am driving.

What about when the AI is driving? Should you hear it from any driving position or just the cockpit seat?
I haven't tried tbh, but I would say so. Uninstall and install again, you must have messed up the install somehow. Works fine here, and haven't heard this before

What about when the AI is driving? Should you hear it from any driving position or just the cockpit seat?

In rF1/2 you have skid sounds and scrub sounds. Skid sounds come when the wheels are totally locked and the whole car is sliding. Scrub sounds are what you hear as you load the tires but they are still gripping. It is scrub sounds that can only be heard from your own car in real time. Your own car will not have scrub sounds in instant replay either. Only realtime. So replays, spectating and AI will not have scrub sounds. My guess is calculating the load levels for every car on track is a waste of CPU. It's been requested a zillion times over the years (10+ years) and it still hasn't happened so I assume there is a very good reason for it.

Its gotta be the build. Transferred all the VEC/URD files over and the sounds work fine in my 880 Build. Going to try to dl the 798 one again. Does anyone have the link to the full download, not just the lite build?

i have the same problem with the GT ferrari.
re-installed everthing without succes.
i use rfactor lite.
in the full version no problem.

TMTyres\ are the directory and is in my lite install. So dont know why they are not in yours...

TMTyres\ are the directory and is in my lite install. So dont know why they are not in yours...

TMTyres are in mu full instal, not in my lite instal.
Now copied in to the lite and it works fine now.

Sounds file in the lite now is this maps:
TMTyres
URD sound
VEC sounds
Is this ok?

TMTyres are in mu full instal, not in my lite instal.
Now copied in to the lite and it works fine now.

Sounds file in the lite now is this maps:
TMTyres
URD sound
VEC sounds
Is this ok?
I would think so, nothing the server checks

TMTires is part of the lite install. A light install over the top of your VEC install should restore the tires. Maybe we should add TMTires to the vmod and include a GetMod link in case someone uninstalls it by accident. This is what I did with the Clio_PC and it solved the problem.