What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Livery question

James Lyke

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
hello,

Anyone know how i would create a super shiny coloured texture such as the green in this photo

and like the blue in this;

its like a coloured chrome but having played with the chrome effects the colours dont seem do do much unless im doing something wrong.

Thank you :)

Daniele Vidimari

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Assign to the paint the black region, then select car paint in the editor for black and play with the laquerer color. I noticed you can get better results by using a base light grey in the DDS instead the color you are aiming for. For example if you want that metallic green, use a light grey as color in the DDS, assign to it the black region, car paint in the editor and a green laquerer color. You will get a very similar results.

James Lyke

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Assign to the paint the black region, then select car paint in the editor for black and play with the laquerer color. I noticed you can get better results by using a base light grey in the DDS instead the color you are aiming for. For example if you want that metallic green, use a light grey as color in the DDS, assign to it the black region, car paint in the editor and a green laquerer color. You will get a very similar results.
Ahh cool, thats a handy trick to know, thankyou!