What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

Larger field?

P.S.: The twitch live stream performance could be improved as well - with an 100 mbps network connection currently the stream is lagging. Did you ever consider youtube livestream instead?

It is your end, myself and many others had it on and it worked perfectly. When our car dnf'd I had both the main livestream and also Jimmy's stream on. Never lagged.

There still exist no proper livetiming which does not have serious bugs
It is your end, myself and many others had it on and it worked perfectly. When our car dnf'd I had both the main livestream and also Jimmy's stream on. Never lagged.

Same for me, as in no issues.

Any of these live timing functions can only do with whatever is being reported, and there are some problems with xml output in rF2, just as there was in rF1. It's amazing it works as well as it does.

I think sometimes the focus is so directed at the plugin when we should be looking back at the source files/data they have to sort and report.

Two bits. ;)

Any of these live timing functions can only do with whatever is being reported, and there are some problems with xml output in rF2, just as there was in rF1. It's amazing it works as well as it does.

I think sometimes the focus is so directed at the plugin when we should be looking back at the source files/data they have to sort and report.

Two bits. ;)

Well, memory leaks in the listener plugins and other issues can hardly be blamed on ISI. I'm pretty sure that these plugins do not use .xml data.

Well, memory leaks in the listener plugins and other issues can hardly be blamed on ISI. I'm pretty sure that these plugins do not use .xml data.
Current listener do, or at least at the output and after a session it uploads all the info to the database located on the server im hosting.
But with the rate of updates we get both from ISI but also from "B1K3R" im sure we will get something going this season - something that wont interfer with teams races.
In the end, we dont use anything for the races to make sure teams do not suffer issues, red flags etc. We´re not, not using it, just to be annoying :)

OK, well i just wanted to know - so i asked B1K3R :)
At the end of the session the xml is being used - up until that point the liveview uses ISI´s API. So xml shouldnt matter in live sessions. If the API is to blame i have no idea.
But again with the updates we get, we will get there :)

Yeah, the XML files are not used during a live session so they have no effect on any issues. Having said that, sometimes ISI generate corrupted or incorrect XML files so results after the session are sometimes screwed up.

As for the ISI API, I never saw any issues with it till now. The memory leaks are in the listener app itself (actually with the part streaming data to the web through TCP) and not in the plugin which I'm trying to sort out and we're testing it full on.

It's a long way to go and it's quite complex as its doing lots of things, but I wont stop before it will be working perfectly and useful for these events ;)

Last edited:
Hi again Stefan. :)

Yeah, the XML files are not used during a live session so they have no effect on any issues. Having said that, sometimes ISI generate corrupted or incorrect XML files so results after the session are sometimes screwed up.

Yep, that's what I was referring to.

Having said that, sometimes ISI generate corrupted or incorrect XML files so results after the session are sometimes screwed up.
;)
Honestly I haven't seen that UNLESS people use special characters in their names.
Which isn't in the standard ISO-8

If someone leaves the session, the XML file does not get corrupted but the drivers data is gone. However, his best lap time is still saved in the top list as I save all best laps from the plugin live stream, it was something requested by SimHQ some time ago and I had implemented it.

The special characters are also parsed out from the xml before loading the xml file so that should not be a problem.

If you have left one of those crystal balls telling you that it is my end please send me one

In case you have any hints how to change the settings that twitch gets improved they are very wellcome.

bandwith should not be the issue at all.

Sent with Tapatalk

You are very much welcome to re-write liveracers - as this crashes the server - due to a memory leak. ISI stopped using this for a reason. Dont expect there to be a working live timing at all. Teams need drivers to give feedback if there isent. We ran 2-3 season without it in rF1 - its possible...really it is. Alternative we could stop racing until we have a working FLT/Livetiming....
I wont risk a dedicated server crash - so until im 110% sure there isent any issues there wont be.
Stefan who wrote the current one is working his bum off to get this to work, but again i wont use anything untested - thats just how i am and this cant be discussed.

Well I did not ask to re-install live racers and therefore I will not offer to rewrite the liveracers tool. What I can offer is to help getting the current tool working. Have advanced skills in C++, SQL and Java. Just let me know where I can help.

P.S.: we have a 24/7 server running with the livetiming tool from the ISI forum and no server crashes caused by the tool at all.

Sent with Tapatalk

Merlin, I suspect it's your browser - I hardly see any issues on twitch on my PC, however on my iPad and iPhone (obviously wifi) I see some small buffer loading. However nothing that have annoyed me. When I say twitch is a PITA it's in the admin section, it deletes videos and sometimes it won't upload to YouTube.
Idont have a magic crystal ball, but Im pretty sure it has to do with something on your end. ISP, pc, router, browser or something like that. Why? Because it works for most people here.

O.K. if the browser is the root cause I'll look into it.

I'm currently using google chrome - standard installation. Any specific settings I have to do? Or what browser is better for twitch?

Sent with Tapatalk

Well I did not ask to re-install live racers and therefore I will not offer to rewrite the liveracers tool. What I can offer is to help getting the current tool working. Have advanced skills in C++, SQL and Java. Just let me know where I can help.

P.S.: we have a 24/7 server running with the same livetiming and now server crashes caused by the tool at all.

et the c help with getting the tool
Stefan is working on getting things done with the tool - until it's 100% stable it won't be used - period. As I said, I'm not doing this to annoy anyone - simply doing this to prevent issues. I'd like for teams to be able to see lap times, compare them and have a "team event" we will get there, just over this last week we have seen great improvements ;)
Our race server is NOT running the MySQL db or the web feed itself - but the web and MySQL servers cpu usage is in the high end of acceptable. I won't ruin the races for 40 teams with 3-5 drivers just to test this ;)