What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

Larger field?

O.K. if the browser is the root cause I'll look into it.

I'm currently using google chrome - standard installation. Any specific settings I have to do? Or what browser is better for twitch?

Sent with Tapatalk
Hmm I'm using chrome as well, you are in Germany right? Perhaps twitch can help you

Pssst, qualifying session will be streamed to YouTube

O.K. if the browser is the root cause I'll look into it.

I'm currently using google chrome - standard installation. Any specific settings I have to do? Or what browser is better for twitch?

Sent with Tapatalk

Twitch has servers all over the world, it's possible that the server closest to your geo location has more buffer. Sometimes I get a 10sec buffer and sometimes only 2secs. It's all over the place but it's out of our hands. The machine Jimmi is streaming from has 600/600 service (and tested to prove that) so it isn't bandwidth on his end either.

The bottom line, Twitch sucks. YouTube has a lot of advantages but I'm not sure it's any less laggy than Twitch. YouTube is limited to 30fps on live streams. Non-live streams have gone up to 60 but live hasn't made the switch yet. YouTube also has a convoluted setup process for streams. You don't just click the stream button and away it goes. You have to schedule an event then start your stream then start a preview stream for 20secs or so before you can publish the stream. I haven't had a chance to see if they have any APIs for automating some of these steps.

Last edited:
The only issue with youtube streaming is I believe people based in Germany are blocked from watching. Or at least this was the case when I use to stream races for another league a few months ago.

You tube stream worked great on my end as well. Smooth and great quality much better than twitch.

@Simon: You are right people in Germany (like me) do have to use a plugin like proxflow because online streams would not be visible due to youtube and GEMA did not achieve a contract - this belongs only if you stream music titles or other information where you don't own the Rights. Definitiv not the case for VEC.

P.S.: Not 100% sure but I think this is only the case if the computer streaming is located in Germany - not the case for VEC as well. But did not look last time because I have proxflow installed and active.

I´d like to hear from more Germans - is this a regular thing to have installed?
Wonder if we can do anything on our youtube channel to avoid this Geoblock? I suspect its only livestream

What Merlin wrote is true, everyone in Germany must install an additional addon to watch streams or videos on YouTube.
I had problems with Chrome and Proxflow, but with Firefox it works.

What Merlin wrote is true, everyone in Germany must install an additional addon to watch streams or videos on YouTube.
I had problems with Chrome and Proxflow, but with Firefox it works.
Yes, same for me Livestreaming on youtube is completely locked in Germany due to legal regulations. If you have more than 300 people (not sure if I recall that number correclty), watching something live on the internet it is deemed as a TV channel and as youtube isn't one and doesnt want to become one they simply block all livestreams in Germany as they cant make 100% sure the view count is limited...
So most of the time I use a plugin like proxflow

Twitch for me sucks as well in Germany most of the time I get a lot of buffering in a way you are unable to watch, but it got better in recent times and it is definetely on Twitch's end. So whatever you use it is never fun watching it in Germany :(

But i guess that youtube at least works with the plugin.
Youtube will be our main broadcast - but twitch will be used if something goes wrong, and testing and stuff like that.
Yes, when you have a working plugin it is fine. Most of the time only low quality, but at least it works. Last race twitch worked fine, but in the past it was rubbish most of the time.

Hitbox is awesome, very low delay and good quality. Just a shame not many people use it, and you won't get many new viewers

I´ve actually looked at it - but havent tried it just yet. "restream" seems to broadcast to both youtube and twitch.
However, we need to make sure everything works before going into 2 streams :)
Youtube will be our primary - we might get to test the hitbox thing